Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
UMPI & Sophia
(03-08-2021, 08:18 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 06:00 PM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote: Question how you were able to see the transcript evaluation, My Application status said Matriculated/Confirmed, but I still don't know my transcript.

Jessica will email it to you when she is done evaluating it to your maine.edu email.

You can also view the progress of it by logging into MaineStreet.

Jessica has to wait for the Registrar's Office to complete the transcript evaluations. This takes some time. There's literally one woman who does this for 2 University of Maine schools. She's part time at UMPI and part time on another campus. We're also at the end of the term so they are busy with current students. Those who have applied for graduation are also being evaluated.
(03-08-2021, 06:00 PM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 12:34 AM)portia8 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:55 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:32 PM)portia8 Wrote: I've been enrolled by Jessica into ENG 101 Written Communications and HUM 103 Creative and Critical Thinking. I'm still trying to figure out just how many courses I actually have in total, any sort of estimate?

Did Jessica send you a full assessment of your degree? Of what transferred and what did not?

HUM 103 is very long but very easy.
The screenshot is of what I've received so far. I was quite surprised that she informed me that I was enrolled in classes as I have yet to even receive my account activation or actually made any sort of official final agreement. Now that the ball is actually rolling with enrollment I'm beginning to actually stress the course content funnily enough. But I guess I must just try my best even though this is my first time properly working with this kind of institute, especially the Apa style. But your progress has really motivated me through this process so I would have to thank you for your input on this forum!

Question how you were able to see the transcript evaluation, My Application status said Matriculated/Confirmed, but I still don't know my transcript.

Jessica will email it to you when she is done evaluating it to your maine.edu email.

Where do you find the progress on MaineStreet?
(03-11-2021, 06:53 PM)grimmisonfire Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 06:00 PM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 12:34 AM)portia8 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:55 PM)ashkir Wrote: Did Jessica send you a full assessment of your degree? Of what transferred and what did not?

HUM 103 is very long but very easy.
The screenshot is of what I've received so far. I was quite surprised that she informed me that I was enrolled in classes as I have yet to even receive my account activation or actually made any sort of official final agreement. Now that the ball is actually rolling with enrollment I'm beginning to actually stress the course content funnily enough. But I guess I must just try my best even though this is my first time properly working with this kind of institute, especially the Apa style. But your progress has really motivated me through this process so I would have to thank you for your input on this forum!

Question how you were able to see the transcript evaluation, My Application status said Matriculated/Confirmed, but I still don't know my transcript.

Where do you find the progress on MaineStreet?

Click on Student Self Service

Click on Student Center
Click on Transfer Credit Report

This will show your transfer credits not your degree eval. You go by the one Jessica sends you not the electronic one online. That one is all jacked up. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(02-25-2021, 12:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your transcript evaluation screenshots are all that is required, it indicates to you that you are in progress to complete the final 2 courses worth 6 credits for transfer, no other courses can then be transferred into the program, you have 30 credits left all to be done with at UMPI.  If you want to transfer more courses in, those would not count for the degree in question, it'll be just "extra".  So, my suggestion is, complete the English and Hum course, then focus on all the UMPI you can handle!
I think that I’m going to do a B Liberal arts with a minor on Education at UMPI, I will start the general courses in Sophia and Clep to transfer. What do you think? I know you advised me before about Charter Oaks but this one makes a lot sense to me the more I read about it.
(02-04-2021, 10:12 AM)ss20ts Wrote: As an UMPI student, I would check out the thread ashkir provided because he took every Sophia course and transferred to UMPI. HIs thread shows how UMPI accepted each course. I did not take most of Sophia's courses. I would not take Sophia's English courses because they are FAR MORE work than you will do in an UMPI course. They take significantly longer as well. If Sophia doesn't offer a course that fulfills UMPI's GEC, I wouldn't worry about it. I would take it UMPI. They offer every course you need to complete their degrees. The BLS is going to be easier to complete than the history degree. You get much more of a variety of classes to choose from as well.

Here's ashkir's thread:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ght=ashkir

At UMPI, you will need a MINIMUM of 30 credits completed at UMPI. You also have to complete a specific number of upper level courses at UMPI. There's no way around this. You also MUST complete the GEC (gen eds). Chances are you'll need more than 30 credits to finish your degree at UMPI, but like i said they offer every course required. I wouldn't hunt around for courses such as CSMLearn and hope it's accepted. I would just take UMPI's math course. Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have about UMPI. I'm happy to help.

ETA: You will need an ethics course, you might as well do the one with Sophia since you completed Ancient Greek Philosophers.

(02-04-2021, 07:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: According to the list provided by ashkir, both Sophia algebra and stats are no good at fulfilling the GEC requirements. But you will still need math, so far as I can tell. You might want to ask if they'll accept CSMLearn and then you'd only need  (from what I can see) to take one more math class with them.

You're still missing a few possible GEC courses: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

Sophia's College Algebra DOES fill one of the GEC. Algebra is not the only math course required for the BA in Business Administration which is why ashkir needed an additional math course. Even Introduction to Statistics transfers to UMPI as a math elective. 
Hello question I want to do the bachelor liberal arts minor education. I’m really bad in Math …. Would Sophia Algebra works or do I take it at UMPI? Thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,352 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 426 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 311 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 3 193 04-13-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 284 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 216 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 411 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  Micro bio, Sophia learningthehardway 10 277 04-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,575 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
Rainbow GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective D - Sophia equivalents? mythomagician 2 202 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM