Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI YourPace Sophia equivalents for Business Admin Marketing and BLS education?
Hello I want to apply to the YourPace program for BBA marketing or BLS ed. and finish in 2 sessions (financially what I can afford). How do I complete either program in as short a time as possible? I have heard that Sofia courses can be transferred but is there a definite list of what courses transfer? If I made no transfers would I never be able to finish in 2 sessions?
@btsrain16, Welcome to the board, I believe you're looking for the most economical yet effective/efficient way to get the Bachelors... That's a very good first post and summary but it's missing most of the required info for anyone here to help you further, you really need to provide us more details by following the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Question: How do I complete either program in as short a time as possible?  It really depends on various factors, how fast you can do things and time management.  You've provided a great introduction and questions/follow up along with concerns, but it's still missing more important information such as your commitments, study habits, previous credits for possible transfer, etc.  

Question: I have heard that Sofia courses can be transferred but is there a definite list of what courses transfer?  It's actually Sophia, not Sofia.  If you haven't already reviewed some threads/posts of how others have done things, I suggest taking some time to review posts and the WIKI for details on UMPI plans. UMPI Links

Question: If I made no transfers would I never be able to finish in 2 sessions? Unless you're cheating and a superhuman that doesn't require sleep, can do 1 course a day, and have the greatest luck with professors marking those in a few minutes - NO.
Ask yourself, is it easier to go from 0 to 120 credits or from 90 to 120? Transfer in the max of 90 credits is your best and only option...

With the limited information you provided, my usual suggestion is to work on three things, Certs, Degree, Experience, just like an MBA, you don't need a BABA to break into that Masters, you just need the prerequisites done.  For example, start by getting the Coursera/Sophia.org credits for transfer into the BABA, up to the max 90 credits, after you create a spreadsheet with the UMPI plan I just linked.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents and the degree plans at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

If you transfer in nothing, it will probably take at least a year to finish at UMPI, if not longer. Fill out the GEC requirements and electives with Sophia classes and maybe do some Study.com classes to maximize your chances of being able to finish in two sessions.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
This link shows you which Sophia courses transfer to UMPI and which area of the GEC they fulfill.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...hia--43586

You can transfer in 4500 credits but only 90 will count towards your degree. You must complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. The fastest and easiest degree has been the BLS with Management Minor and the BABA with Management & Leadership Concentration. The BLS with Educational Studies Minor is a slow program as there are a lot of papers and the professors are very picky about the papers. The BABA with Marketing Concentration can also be slow because there's only 1 exam in the Concentration and there are a couple of long (15+ pages) papers.
(05-26-2023, 12:53 PM)btsrain16 Wrote: Hello I want to apply to the YourPace program for BBA marketing or BLS ed. and finish in 2 sessions (financially what I can afford). How do I complete either program in as short a time as possible? I have heard that Sofia courses can be transferred but is there a definite list of what courses transfer? If I made no transfers would I never be able to finish in 2 sessions?

If you made no transfers, you may not be able to finish even one course in 2 sessionsthe biology course. Lol.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-26-2023, 04:58 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 12:53 PM)btsrain16 Wrote: Hello I want to apply to the YourPace program for BBA marketing or BLS ed. and finish in 2 sessions (financially what I can afford). How do I complete either program in as short a time as possible? I have heard that Sofia courses can be transferred but is there a definite list of what courses transfer? If I made no transfers would I never be able to finish in 2 sessions?

If you made no transfers, you may not be able to finish even one course in 2 sessionsthe biology course. Lol.

No joke. That bio class at UMPI is insane. I can't believe how long it is. Then there's the whole waiting for the owl pellet to show up at your home. Such an odd thing to do in an online science class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
(05-26-2023, 01:37 PM)bjcheung77 Thank you for your detailed answer. I realized I have a lot to look into, but based on the admittedly limited information I provided, should I apply the session after the incoming one (which is in July)? Just so I’m able to gather additional credits? I really need to do a lot more research and the link you provided is very helpful and appreciated. template info:country and state: US, colorado (as of right now on vacation here, but I live in Germany)age: 23degree I want: history & political science / BABA marketing / BABA management / BLS education / BLS accounting (very much undecided, but it will be one of theseI have no credits other than a political science class. My budget is $3000 (~2 sessions) and my commitments are very limited. I have a lot of time. And I would like tofinish within 2 sessions Wrote: @btsrain16, Welcome to the board, I believe you're looking for the most economical yet effective/efficient way to get the Bachelors... That's a very good first post and summary but it's missing most of the required info for anyone here to help you further, you really need to provide us more details by following the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Question: How do I complete either program in as short a time as possible?  It really depends on various factors, how fast you can do things and time management.  You've provided a great introduction and questions/follow up along with concerns, but it's still missing more important information such as your commitments, study habits, previous credits for possible transfer, etc.  

Question: I have heard that Sofia courses can be transferred but is there a definite list of what courses transfer?  It's actually Sophia, not Sofia.  If you haven't already reviewed some threads/posts of how others have done things, I suggest taking some time to review posts and the WIKI for details on UMPI plans. UMPI Links

Question: If I made no transfers would I never be able to finish in 2 sessions? Unless you're cheating and a superhuman that doesn't require sleep, can do 1 course a day, and have the greatest luck with professors marking those in a few minutes - NO.
Ask yourself, is it easier to go from 0 to 120 credits or from 90 to 120? Transfer in the max of 90 credits is your best and only option...

With the limited information you provided, my usual suggestion is to work on three things, Certs, Degree, Experience, just like an MBA, you don't need a BABA to break into that Masters, you just need the prerequisites done.  For example, start by getting the Coursera/Sophia.org credits for transfer into the BABA, up to the max 90 credits, after you create a spreadsheet with the UMPI plan I just linked.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 48 1 hour ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 74 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 26 2 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 217 5 hours ago
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,172 5 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,363 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 432 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 289 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 220 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM