Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI
(01-21-2021, 04:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 12:06 PM)magflo Wrote: Can you send classes to UMPI even after you've enrolled?  And do you know if they give credit for CLM math?

I think you mean CSMLearn math?

Yes, CSMLearn math, that's what I meant.
I have a question for all those currently taking classes at UMPI... Some of the Your Pace course descriptions have field practicums and working alongside clients.  Is that optional?  How does that work if you are in a different country?
(01-22-2021, 06:53 PM)Pathfinder Wrote: I have a question for all those currently taking classes at UMPI... Some of the Your Pace course descriptions have field practicums and working alongside clients.  Is that optional?  How does that work if you are in a different country?

None of my classes have field practicums. I'm not sure what you're looking at that has this listed. Are you on the YourPace website or the UMPI website? I do not see how this would be possible in another country. 
(01-22-2021, 07:06 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 06:53 PM)Pathfinder Wrote: I have a question for all those currently taking classes at UMPI... Some of the Your Pace course descriptions have field practicums and working alongside clients.  Is that optional?  How does that work if you are in a different country?

None of my classes have field practicums. I'm not sure what you're looking at that has this listed. Are you on the YourPace website or the UMPI website? I do not see how this would be possible in another country. 

There a number of the courses in the professional journalism and communication program that reference field work/working with clients.  I am not pursuing that degree, so I didn’t ask if YourPace students have to complete those requirements. I would reach out to the YourPace contacts. 

For what it’s worth, YourPace uses the same course descriptions that are used the UMPI’s general college catalog, but some of the courses are noticeably different between the online and on-campus programs.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(01-22-2021, 07:17 PM)freeloader Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:06 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

There a number of the courses in the professional journalism and communication program that reference field work/working with clients.  I am not pursuing that degree, so I didn’t ask if YourPace students have to complete those requirements. I would reach out to the YourPace contacts. 

For what it’s worth, YourPace uses the same course descriptions that are used the UMPI’s general college catalog, but some of the courses are noticeably different between the online and on-campus programs.
Thank you.  That helps to know.  The requirements would most likely differ to accommodate online then.  I have called three different times to speak with the Your Pace department but I keep getting a voice mail message.  I suppose I will just need to email.
(01-22-2021, 07:30 PM)Pathfinder Wrote: Thank you.  That helps to know.  The requirements would most likely differ to accommodate online then.  I have called three different times to speak with the Your Pace department but I keep getting a voice mail message.  I suppose I will just need to email.

The campus closed in December and just reopened in the last few days. The staff has been working from home due to Covid. Email is the fastest and easiest way to reach them. Admissions doesn't typically respond over the weekend. They start classes on campus on Monday so they are very busy right now. YourPace students started last Tuesday. 
Yourpace staff always answer emails really quickly for me which I appreciate a lot.
By the way what is the final exam like? Is it Proctored live or recorded? MCQ vs essay or mix?
(01-23-2021, 01:32 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: By the way what is the final exam like? Is it Proctored live or recorded? MCQ vs essay or mix?

Most classes don't have an exam as the Final Assessment. Most classes it's the paper/project for the Final Assessment. So far the few exams I've taken have been multiple choice. The Final Assessments also change based on who's teaching the course. The person who taught one of my classes in the fall semester had a different Final Assessment than we do in this semester so you can't always go by what was done in previous terms and semesters. Things do change. Classes are also updated periodically. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
Thank u. Was it live Proctored MCQ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 4 173 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 111 Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 241 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 260 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 124 04-19-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,484 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,428 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 466 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 345 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 314 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP