Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI
Started UMPI this current session! I just completed HUM103. How do I see what grade was given? TIA!
(04-07-2021, 02:21 PM)Lupeb Wrote: Started UMPI this current session! I just completed HUM103. How do I see what grade was given? TIA!

After a few weeks it'd show up in MaineStreet.

However,you can estimate it by adding up your rubric scores and dividing it by the total

For example, 17 is what you got out of a possible 20 points, is 85% a B
I read very good news that UMPI gonna offer a CS degree!
Also, just want to make sure that UMPI accepts credits from Sophia https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
and how is the grading from Sophia will appear on the UMPI transcript? Anyone can post how it will look like?
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
(04-20-2021, 01:43 PM)asianphd Wrote: I read very good news that UMPI gonna offer a CS degree!
Also, just want to make sure that UMPI accepts credits from Sophia https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
and how is the grading from Sophia will appear on the UMPI transcript? Anyone can post how it will look like?

UMPI definitely accepts Sophia. If you send in your transcript via Parchment (instead of Credly), it includes your grade. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323323
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-20-2021, 01:53 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 01:43 PM)asianphd Wrote: I read very good news that UMPI gonna offer a CS degree!

UMPI definitely accepts Sophia. If you send in your transcript via Parchment (instead of Credly), it includes your grade. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323323

It is also important to note that the grade will not effect your GPA at UMPI and your official UMPI Transcript will state "T" versus a grade on the official degree GPA/Transcript.
Great, I prefer that transferred grade to not appear anywhere at all.
Apart from Sophia, what provider that UMPI accept? Saylor maybe?
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
(04-21-2021, 05:49 AM)asianphd Wrote: Great, I prefer that transferred grade to not appear anywhere at all.

They seem to be open to accepting anything ACE. Yes to Sophia, InstantCert, Study.com, probably Saylor. No to Coopersmith, Davar, OnlineDegree. It will be interesting to see what weight, if any, they'll give to the Google IT Professional Certificate for the CS degree. 

But do bear in mind that you do have to take a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI and that (most of) your UL credits need to come from them. And you're chasing diminishing returns if you try to bring in exactly 90 credits to UMPI. Complete Sophia and make sure you're bringing in a science-with-a-lab from somewhere (SDC's biology is apparently super fast and easy) and you're pretty much done.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-21-2021, 08:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:49 AM)asianphd Wrote: Great, I prefer that transferred grade to not appear anywhere at all.

They seem to be open to accepting anything ACE. Yes to Sophia, InstantCert, Study.com, probably Saylor. No to Coopersmith, Davar, OnlineDegree. It will be interesting to see what weight, if any, they'll give to the Google IT Professional Certificate for the CS degree. 

But do bear in mind that you do have to take a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI and that (most of) your UL credits need to come from them. And you're chasing diminishing returns if you try to bring in exactly 90 credits to UMPI. Complete Sophia and make sure you're bringing in a science-with-a-lab from somewhere (SDC's biology is apparently super fast and easy) and you're pretty much done.

Yeah. They're super ACE friendly. They're also very generous. If it has an ACE recommendation, UMPI will accept it at face value at the very least. 

All of the Sophia 1 credit courses transferred in as 3 credit courses for me!
(04-20-2021, 05:14 PM)ashkir Wrote:

It is also important to note that the grade will not effect your GPA at UMPI and your official UMPI Transcript will state "T" versus a grade on the official degree GPA/Transcript.

Can you please show me how a UMPI transcript with Sophia courses (sent with Parchment) looks like? I'm considering if sending through Parchment or Credly would be more beneficial for me. From what I understood so far if you send through Credly you only get a Pass and ONLY the end date of a course appears. On the other hand, if you send through Parchment you get a letter grade, but BOTH start and end dates appear. That might look bad, completing a course in a day or two. Is this correct?

One more question. I want to pursue a BS in Computer Science at UMPI which isn't yet available. Should I apply for a different BS to get my Sophia courses transferred before they might change something? Can I switch to BSCS (when they start offering it) with credits already evaluated, or would I have to apply again? How long can I wait after being admitted before having to enroll in a semester?
(05-07-2021, 05:57 AM)aleksa Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 05:14 PM)ashkir Wrote:

Can you please show me how a UMPI transcript with Sophia courses (sent with Parchment) looks like? I'm considering if sending through Parchment or Credly would be more beneficial for me. From what I understood so far if you send through Credly you only get a Pass and ONLY the end date of a course appears. On the other hand, if you send through Parchment you get a letter grade, but BOTH start and end dates appear. That might look bad, completing a course in a day or two. Is this correct?

One more question. I want to pursue a BS in Computer Science at UMPI which isn't yet available. Should I apply for a different BS to get my Sophia courses transferred before they might change something? Can I switch to BSCS (when they start offering it) with credits already evaluated, or would I have to apply again? How long can I wait after being admitted before having to enroll in a semester?

I didn't use PArchment. And as far as I'm aware the grade from Parchment will not affect your GPA from them and may just show on your transcript. Also it's very rare someone asks to see a transcript. The official transcript from UMPI basically tells you what semester you took everything in and that whether or not it is transferred.

I wouldn't wait for the BS on Computer Science it can be released now or a year from now. I'd suggest working towards your degree plan at COSC or TESU if you want to do computer science, and, if, while in progress of it UMPI offers it you can transfer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 197 3 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 149 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 5 110 Today, 12:35 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 125 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 259 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 264 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,515 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,443 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 472 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 349 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77