Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI
(05-07-2021, 01:13 PM)aleksa Wrote: Thank you Rachel. I would probably do French 1 with CLEP if I go for UMPI. Good suggestion on Public Speaking, appreciated. I wonder if I could do science with a lab by using TEL and transcribing it at McMurry. It seems that McMurry is only TEL partner where you don't have to buy lab. I might save $67 this way while working on my 24 RA credits requirement. Has anyone tried this?

I'm unsure why you'd want a science w/o lab when you need a science WITH lab?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-08-2021, 10:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 01:13 PM)aleksa Wrote: Thank you Rachel. I would probably do French 1 with CLEP if I go for UMPI. Good suggestion on Public Speaking, appreciated. I wonder if I could do science with a lab by using TEL and transcribing it at McMurry. It seems that McMurry is only TEL partner where you don't have to buy lab. I might save $67 this way while working on my 24 RA credits requirement. Has anyone tried this?

I'm unsure why you'd want a science w/o lab when you need a science WITH lab?

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. Environmental Science and Human Biology on Sophia transfer for the non-lab science requirements at UMPI. The lab science is the one people struggle to find. They can do the Study.com course I suggested above or the course at UMPI but ashkir took it and there were a number of issues as it was a mix of 2 versions of the course together. UMPI is working on correcting the course.
UMPI YourPace Alumni: BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management minors 
Graduated March 2021
(05-08-2021, 10:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm unsure why you'd want a science w/o lab when you need a science WITH lab?

Because McMurry seems to give you the lab for free when you buy just the class.

Compare:

McMurry University Wrote:BIO 1303 Introduction to Biology            - 4 -   BIOL 1401 Principles of Biology
BIO 1311 Introduction to Biology Lab      - 0 -   BIOL 1401 LAB for Principles of Biology (included in lecture)

With:
MACU Wrote:BIO 1303 Introduction to Biology           - 3 -     NATS 1013 General Biology
BIO 1311 Introduction to Biology Lab     - 1 -     NATS 1011 General Biology Lab
In progress:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Sophia (30 courses), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Exactly my point Rachel. It seems only McMurry offerts 4cr without having to pay additional $67 while hopefully counting for a Bio with Lab at UMPI. Thanks for suggestions ss20ts and dfrecore I might go with SDC just to be safe Smile
(05-08-2021, 11:39 AM)aleksa Wrote: Exactly my point Rachel. It seems only McMurry offerts 4cr without having to pay additional $67 while hopefully counting for a Bio with Lab at UMPI. Thanks for suggestions ss20ts and dfrecore I might go with SDC just to be safe Smile

From what I've seen through TEL partners, you still have to pay the $67 for the lab - what it means is that you actually cannot take the course as a lecture only - you HAVE to take it as a 4cr lecture with lab course.  I know for certain that's the case with the others, I spoke with TEL about some of them (prior to McMurry).  So I think the written equivalency info is just kind of wonky - there is no lab included in the lecture (my daughter is taking Bio, there's definitely no lab).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-08-2021, 03:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 11:39 AM)aleksa Wrote: Exactly my point Rachel. It seems only McMurry offerts 4cr without having to pay additional $67 while hopefully counting for a Bio with Lab at UMPI. Thanks for suggestions ss20ts and dfrecore I might go with SDC just to be safe Smile

From what I've seen through TEL partners, you still have to pay the $67 for the lab - what it means is that you actually cannot take the course as a lecture only - you HAVE to take it as a 4cr lecture with lab course.  I know for certain that's the case with the others, I spoke with TEL about some of them (prior to McMurry).  So I think the written equivalency info is just kind of wonky - there is no lab included in the lecture (my daughter is taking Bio, there's definitely no lab).

It might be the case that equivalency info is wrong. I've read on this forum's wiki that you can use York partner for Quantitative Analysis I and get 5 credits, but it seems to be fixed now. Probably someone at TEL made a typo. I'm probably not going to spend $267 to test it out ( I don't have that much money).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completing 2 bachelor degrees at UMPI JannikT 9 207 1 hour ago
Last Post: JannikT
  UMPI - Some Questions and Answers bjcheung77 5 250 Yesterday, 11:30 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace student enjoys sweet victory in graduation ashkir 28 901 Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Last Post: adegree4me
  UMPI YourPace FAQ ashkir 5 198 05-14-2021, 09:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  UMPI - Upper level credits required JannikT 7 334 05-13-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  What could UMPI do better? ashkir 41 2,110 05-12-2021, 04:01 PM
  UMPI CRIMINAL JUSTICE beautybella 5 381 05-12-2021, 03:59 PM
  UMPI Classes KrisMcCar 9 567 05-10-2021, 07:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI course fulfillment carebear_007 12 435 05-04-2021, 04:02 PM