Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT: ALEKS users
awesome, thanks.
I assume I'm correct in understanding that this does not affect anyone who has already transferred ALEKS credit to their ACE transcript?
As long as you have already finished a course and sent it to ACE for credit you are fine, or if you finish and send by accreditations end date.
Never ASSUME they will reapply, they may have no interest in it.
ALEKS is used by every student in the Horry county school system in SC there are at least 10 middle schools with over 1000 students each. That one Scholls district brings in much much more $$$ then we can and cost them less to maintain. The convience and low cost of ALEKS was a great deal and lasted a long time.
It is just one more factor to remind all who come here, nothing stays the same and earning your degree just keeps getting harder. So don't procrastinate and don't leave things like math until last because you hate it. I have known people who had to delay graduation because they left math until last and then couldn't pass it in time.
I am just glad I enrolled for my degree before TESC/U made all of the requirements harder to achieve
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
txnicole Wrote:I assume I'm correct in understanding that this does not affect anyone who has already transferred ALEKS credit to their ACE transcript?

Correct. Only people who have not finished are in jeopardy of not being awarded their credit.
Bump, with a reply (lacking any real details) from ALEKS:

Quote:We are currently working with ACE to renew accreditation. We appreciate your use of ALEKS; have a great day!

Today I started Pre-calculus with a 58% initial assessment, hope to finish that and possibly finish Business Statistics before 11/30/2016.

Good luck to everyone else trying to squeeze in these ALEKS credits before the end of the month!!!
cookderosa Wrote:Correct. Only people who have not finished are in jeopardy of not being awarded their credit.

Trying to finish my first ALEKS course before the deadline. To know I'm finished I have to get a 70% or more on an assessment, is that right?
That is correct, Icy.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
yes, 70% on an assessment, then get it on your ACE transcript. If you don't make the deadline this month, WAIT until their evaluation is complete - that could mean you have to keep paying to keep your ALEKS account active. If you let your membership laps, you may lose your assessment.
cookderosa Wrote:yes, 70% on an assessment, then get it on your ACE transcript. If you don't make the deadline this month, WAIT until their evaluation is complete - that could mean you have to keep paying to keep your ALEKS account active. If you let your membership laps, you may lose your assessment.

I'm working on one course with ALEKS and I should finish it, but I still need one more. However, it doesn't look like I'll finish the second one by the end of this month. SadSad. I'm confused about the posts on this thread, with some saying it's very urgent to complete all courses before the 30th and some saying to wait if you're not finished.
So...should we just keep working on the courses and wait to see if ALEKS renews or not? :confused:
I received a reply that they are working on getting the courses re-certified through ACE. The concern of some people here is that there will be a time frame when the course is technically not certified. That is why you will either need to finish the course before it expires, or possibly have to keep your account going until they get everything squared away.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,396 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 639 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  URGENT! SDC computer architecture project : part 4 Bobbym 23 3,121 12-27-2021, 09:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  urgent. study.com course end date - nov 30 onlinelearner99 17 2,193 12-06-2021, 03:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,125 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  Urgent college credits VAG8088 14 1,839 07-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Long Term Sophia Users, Got a Question TINASAM 7 1,318 03-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,374 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,040 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,978 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM