Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USDE Does Away With "Regional" (and "National") Accreditation Divisions
As per a letter penned by the US Department of Education's Office of the Undersecretary on February 26th 2020, and published on the SACS website, the USDE has made a point to undo discrimination with regards to "Nationally" vs "Regionally" accredited programs and institutions: 

https://sacscoc.org/app/uploads/2020/03/....26.19.pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeanLewis's post:
  • harrypotter
It'd be interesting if state level and institutional level policy follows suit, but I wouldn't count on it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
It looks like they have no choice? But they'll probably find other ways to discriminate.
hrm, i think you're right. wording does seem to imply states HAVE to update their state laws.

my guess is there's about to be a bunch of new programmatic accreditors setup, and now instead of needing an RA degree for certain licensure and protected job titles, states will deem that you'll need specific programmatic accreditation.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Now why would they do that?.......hmmmmm......Oh yeah Betsy Devos runs the show over there. Betsy's whole mission in life is to tear down public education with the endgame being total privatization of the school system. With an extreme evangelical bent. This would seem a reasonable decision with that being the goal.
[-] The following 3 users Like ARhead's post:
  • CatsDomino, jsd, ss20ts
(05-09-2020, 01:12 PM)ARhead Wrote: Now why would they do that?.......hmmmmm......Oh yeah Betsy Devos runs the show over there. Betsy's whole mission in life is to tear down public education with the endgame being total privatization of the school system. With an extreme evangelical bent. This would seem a reasonable decision with that being the goal.

As a former homeschooler, I like her stances.  I totally disagree on what you're saying about the rest though.  Sounds very conspiracy-theory.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43
I'm happy you like her stances, as her policies affect your fellow citizens, not mine. As for the rest, there is nothing conspiratorial about what I said, whatsoever. Either a.) one knows these things b.) one supports the most extreme republican policies but denies their existence or c.) they are living under a rock or just got out of a coma.

As the saying goes, "you are what your record says you are". That is Betsy's record. Now you can disagree with that, but that would be akin to flat earthers disagreeing with the earth being round. I could spend an hour digging up lots of links for you, but then that may not be a good use of my time since you never know who the person on the other end of the screen is. For all I know you have a recurring credit card donation to Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland and maybe the Heritage Foundation. In which case of course you would LOVE Betsy's policies and stance. The only reason she is in her position is because she paid for it, not because she has any experience whatsoever that would show she is fit to be in her position. You may want to spend a few minutes educating yourself on who you are supporting. If you like their record, that's great.

I could do much better with more time but 2 minutes found a timeline of the great work she has done so far with some links to news stories:
https://educationvotes.nea.org/2019/03/22/devos/
“My family is the biggest contributor of soft money to the Republican Party....We do expect something in return. We expect a return on our investment.”
—Betsy DeVos
I'm not convinced that doing away with RA/NA distinctions is a bad idea in and of itself. It's always seemed so arbitrary to me. But the way that it's implemented is likely to cause issues in the future, especially as colleges/universities try to figure out how to keep the "unwashed masses" from transferring in while still allowing the elite to do so. In the long run, it's even possible that this will stop colleges from allowing any transfer credits at all. But who knows.
I support it.  Too much bureaucracy in the US Education system. Sad   I have seen first-hand the sad discrimination with regards to RA vs NA.  

I like how the Maine University system is demanding ONE accreditation NOT 7.

Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua removes accreditation elcastor21 5 494 08-26-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Accreditation problems for Ocean County College indigoshuffle 4 717 07-23-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis bjcheung77 1 383 05-13-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Columbia Southern Candidate For Regional Accrediation harrypotter 14 2,777 12-21-2022, 10:27 AM
Last Post: doom
  Online Learning and Accreditation Alpha 0 485 10-01-2022, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  No longer a distinction between national and regional accreditors inf 9 1,300 09-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 512 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  National-Northcentral Merger Alpha 2 679 07-29-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  PhD grad wins national award for AI tool that predict/prevent strokes! bjcheung77 0 447 06-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 875 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger