Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USF: Free Cert in Post-Crisis Hospitality Management
Hey, all. I had a sneaking feeling that there might be a few people here who are certificate-mongers like myself and would appreciate a good freebie.

University of South Florida has opened up enrollment in their latest free program, modeled after their wildly popular Post-Crisis Leadership certificate, but geared specifically towards those working in hospitality in tourism.

https://m3center.org/

We've seen free certs in Crisis Management.

We've seen free certs in Hospitality Management.

Like peanut butter & jelly, rice & beans, Penn & Teller, Megazord, Voltron and NKOTBSB... they were destined to come together.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 5 users Like Maniac Craniac's post:
  • Life Long Learning, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL, StoicJ, TexasTink
Count me in on this freebie, I see that it's self paced and they have recorded or will be recording the sessions...
Awesome, it can be completed on my free time (if i have any). Thanks a bunch...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I shared this with a family member who works in the hospitality industry.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I signed up for it! But gotta wait for things to really begin on 2 November (sadface)

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

That's my industry. Thank you very much for sharing!
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Glad I could share this- looks like some of us will be classmates!!

I want to emphasize that the last time USF offered a free certificate, it was only free for the first cohort. Thereafter, they brought the program back for $200. In that vain, this cert will most likely not be free if you miss the first cohort and want to take it at another time.

I went ahead and registered. Not sure if I'll be able to complete this, but at a cost of FREE I might as well sign up!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thank you so much for posting about this! I'm excited to take this course! I'm currently unemployed thanks to COVID, but I would love to work in these industries so I'm looking forward to learning about this.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
Hey, anyone get to watch the first session live? I was only able to catch a few minutes due to other obligations, but I liked the instructors/facilitators and I got pretty excited about maybe, actually, enjoying the program.
I'll probably get around to watching the full lecture, and taking the quiz, this weekend.

(11-03-2020, 07:51 PM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: Hey, anyone get to watch the first session live? I was only able to catch a few minutes due to other obligations, but I liked the instructors/facilitators and I got pretty excited about maybe, actually, enjoying the program.
I'll probably get around to watching the full lecture, and taking the quiz, this weekend.

I watched it late Monday evening.  Played it at 1.5-1.75X and it was clear. Quiz was 15 questions, and you can take it up to 20 times I believe.

I did not really get much new info out of it, but I wouldn't say it was a waste. I took a few notes and there were a couple of things that I will mull over and add to.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,083 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,422 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 583 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,709 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,021 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,695 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,118 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 497 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Microsoft/LinkedIn Professional Cert in Career Essentials in Generative AI Maniac Craniac 2 1,238 12-28-2023, 02:03 PM
  ASU Sustainable Earth Business Sustainability Courses, Free Online Jonathan Whatley 3 610 12-26-2023, 04:45 PM