Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT Permian Basin - Accelerated MBA?
Hi,
I've been looking at quick online MBAs and the program at University of Texas Permian Basin has caught my eye. 
Master of Business Administration Accelerated Online
Has anyone gone through this program and could share their thoughts? How are the courses and coursework? 

Thanks!
Hey daristotle, have you made a decision yet?
I've been looking at UTPB too and they are in my final three choices. My other two are LSUS and Univ. of Central Arkansas. Just outside my list is Georgia SW State Univ. and Auburn Univ. of Montgomery.

I am interested in time - prefer 8wk courses max, cost (need to keep low as I am paying out of pocket), AACSB accreditation, and a solid name brand.
(09-14-2020, 07:48 PM)AZDan Wrote: Hey daristotle, have you made a decision yet?
I've been looking at UTPB too and they are in my final three choices. My other two are LSUS and Univ. of Central Arkansas. Just outside my list is Georgia SW State Univ. and Auburn Univ. of Montgomery.

I am interested in time - prefer 8wk courses max, cost (need to keep low as I am paying out of pocket), AACSB accreditation, and a solid name brand.

Did you decide on UTPB?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I thought very seriously about UTPB for an MBA and Master’s degree in accounting. I liked everything about the programs (cost, name brand, course offerings, AACSB) EXCEPT for the requirement that Respondus lockdown browser be used in every course. Not interested in that, at all. So, took them off my list.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
For those considering UTPB: they have two syllabus repositories that will let you review past and current syllabi to get a good sense of the courses: they are transitioning/have transitioned to a new system. I like the old portal, which includes syllabi for Spring 2021 and prior.

https://www.utpb.edu/academics/registration/syllabi
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
I am also very interested in this program and looking to start it this year if I can.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,244 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
  New CBE Accelerated MBA from UMass Global Jonathan Whatley 2 1,497 03-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Clark U: Accelerated B.A./Master’s Programs bjcheung77 0 878 07-13-2021, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any fast / accelerated MPH? JWells247 6 1,773 08-25-2020, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kab
Question Schools like WGU for an accelerated / affordable Masters (Business) tpratt4321 5 1,824 09-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  UTPB - MBA, cheap, AACSB, Accelerated posabsolute 4 2,556 02-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Thorne