Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Udacity 50% off 2019 pricing - Ends 15th Jan 11:59PST
Wow, this is the cheapest I have seen a Udacity course or nanodegree go for.  The majority of times, I only see a $50 to $100 off the entire course offerings, this is an amazing deal especially for those who are looking at their Nanodegree offerings!!

The following is what I had in the "online chat" from a nice rep by the name of Carla and another follow up with Sherry.

To benefit the 50% off on 2019 pricing, click on the "Enroll Now" button on the Nanodegree Program page to view the payment card, which will reflect the new reduced pricing. The reduced pricing currently applies to all programs. There is no promo code needed to take advantage of the offer! Keep in mind that you won’t be charged until you get to the checkout page and confirm your billing info. Please note that this offer is only valid till 15th Jan 11:59 PST.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • asianphd, bluebooger
Wow! This is a very generous discount, thank you so much for posting this. I am really wanted very bad to enroll in a program there.

https://www.udacity.com/course/ai-artifi...ree--nd898#

It is normally $1000! Now it is only ~ $500.

You even can enroll monthly for $199, and if one can finish it one month then it is a VERY great deal.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
My question is if this degree is counted as college credits TESU AOS Require an artificial intelligence course can you please let us know.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(01-13-2020, 03:45 PM)gams007 Wrote: My question is if this degree is counted as college credits TESU AOS Require an artificial intelligence course can you please let us know.

no 
the only nanodegree that gives college credit is the Data Analytics nanodegree 
and it is only accepted at WGU and only for their bachelors in Data Management / Data Analytics

how much are you willing to spend ?
Harvard Extension School
CSCI E-80 -- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence with Python
Undergraduate: $1840 for 4 credits
https://www.extension.harvard.edu/course...thon/25793
You can have another $50 by applying voucher code UDACAFFIL2020 or 10% UDACITY10
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes asianphd's post:
  • suzycupcake
(01-13-2020, 02:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, this is the cheapest I have seen a Udacity course or nanodegree go for.  The majority of times, I only see a $50 to $100 off the entire course offerings, this is an amazing deal especially for those who are looking at their Nanodegree offerings!!

The following is what I had in the "online chat" from a nice rep by the name of Carla and another follow up with Sherry.

To benefit the 50% off on 2019 pricing, click on the "Enroll Now" button on the Nanodegree Program page to view the payment card, which will reflect the new reduced pricing. The reduced pricing currently applies to all programs. There is no promo code needed to take advantage of the offer! Keep in mind that you won’t be charged until you get to the checkout page and confirm your billing info. Please note that this offer is only valid till 15th Jan 11:59 PST.

Hi I want to know what different between udacity, edx and coursera. Which programs have better reputation? It will help on the resume.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

gams007 Wrote:My question is if this degree is counted as college credits TESU AOS Require an artificial intelligence course can you please let us know.

The only option in this case is through PLA, you can take the courses at Udacity and get a PLA done for multiple courses you have taken through Udacity, this would be a viable option for individual who would like to document their experience and learning outcomes.

asianphd Wrote:You can have another $50 by applying voucher code UDACAFFIL2020 or 10% UDACITY10

Amazing! Thanks for the info, I didn't know you can have a coupon added to the 50% off! Most of the times, I only can find the coupons for $50 or more off.

Imbanewbie Wrote:Hi I want to know what different between udacity, edx and coursera. Which programs have better reputation? It will help on the resume.

Recognition/Reputation all depends on the school that awards credit for courses taken at these MOOC. coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity, etc are pretty new to the scene, all within a few years of each other. However, the schools they partner with are the ones that are ranked/recognized.

If you are looking at getting a Masters, then I would carefully look at which degree offering is available. Otherwise, I would use any of the MOOC offerings as an experience/learning enhancement tool, it'll also look good on the resume anyways. In my eyes, they're all equal and depends on where the person resides, for Australia/UK, Futurelearn has a better reputation.

All of these MOOC's would be about the same as they are not colleges, they're just a platform to use. Davewill from this board has a Udacity nanodegree. In fact, this 11 or 12 year old just finished the program as well https://blog.udacity.com/2019/12/self-dr...ineer.html

(01-13-2020, 05:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
gams007 Wrote:My question is if this degree is counted as college credits TESU AOS Require an artificial intelligence course can you please let us know.

The only option in this case is through PLA, you can take the courses at Udacity and get a PLA done for multiple courses you have taken through Udacity, this would be a viable option for individual who would like to document their experience and learning outcomes.

asianphd Wrote:You can have another $50 by applying voucher code UDACAFFIL2020 or 10% UDACITY10

Amazing!  Thanks for the info, I didn't know you can have a coupon added to the 50% off!  Most of the times, I only can find the coupons for $50 or more off.  

Imbanewbie Wrote:Hi I want to know what different between udacity, edx and coursera. Which programs have better reputation? It will help on the resume.

Recognition/Reputation all depends on the school that awards credit for courses taken at these MOOC.  coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity, etc are pretty new to the scene, all within a few years of each other.  However, the schools they partner with are the ones that are ranked/recognized.  

If you are looking at getting a Masters, then I would carefully look at which degree offering is available.  Otherwise, I would use any of the MOOC offerings as an experience/learning enhancement tool, it'll also look good on the resume anyways.  In my eyes, they're all equal and depends on where the person resides, for Australia/UK, Futurelearn has a better reputation.

All of these MOOC's would be about the same as they are not colleges, they're just a platform to use.  Davewill from this board has a Udacity nanodegree.  In fact, this 11 or 12 year old just finished the program as well https://blog.udacity.com/2019/12/self-dr...ineer.html
Thank you bjcheung, I will check the program. It will be good to list on the resume.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

So, I bought the AI Product Manager Nanodegree as it starts today! It requires a minimum 5-10 hours/week for two months. That's just 40-80 hours or so, I hope to finish it in less than a month as I pay the Monthly fee instead of the default 2 months. Basically, I got this one because it hits both of my interests - Artificial Intelligence and Product Management.

Question: There are multiple nanodegrees I am interested in, but can't start them all in one month, can I order them today and then start one after I am complete with the other? Like Staggering them one after the other?

And Oops - LOL, Carla is a bot! It was Sherry who was really helpful and I got to chat with her again today.
Her reply: As soon as you enroll, your program will get started right away! We suggest enroll when you're ready to study.

Then I got my hands on the Data Streaming Nanodegree which also starts today! It has the same recommended time frame of 2 months of 5-10 hours/week. I think I can complete this in a months time as well, so just purchased the monthly deal.

I am eyeing my third purchase right now, haven't pulled the trigger, I think I want the Data Analytics Nanodegree as well. It starts Jan 21, but has a 4 month estimated time of completion, 10 hours/week. I'll decide by the end of the day. I think if I "hack it quickly", I can finish the first two in a month, but this one will take me another month at the earliest or fastest...

(01-14-2020, 05:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ...

I am eyeing my third purchase right now, haven't pulled the trigger, I think I want the Data Analytics Nanodegree as well.  I..

I did the Artificial Intelligence with Python nanodegree last year and liked it a lot  
then in December I started the Data Analytics nanodegree --- it was SO BORING --- I was forcing myself to watch more than one video a day and answer more than one question a day from the assignments 

"if we change the homepage of a website do more or fewer users click on the links and continue on to the rest of the web site?" 

"what is our null hypothesis ? what is our alternative hypothesis ?" 

"calculate using the bootstrap method"  

"what is our 95% confidence interval ?"

OMG, who cares ? 
you lost me at "more or fewer users click on the links"   

if that was my day to day job I would quit and go work at McDonalds

the nanodegree was so boring and I just didn't have the discipline to do it 
so I ended up cancelling after 3 weeks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Udacity & AWS AI & ML Scholarship bjcheung77 1 272 02-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  Beal University Pricing Error bjcheung77 1 282 01-13-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50% off Black Friday sale Udacity Imbanewbie 0 297 11-18-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Upgrad looking at majority stake in Udacity bjcheung77 0 352 07-14-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Microsoft Ends Partnership with Credly MNomadic 5 1,351 05-25-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Udacity - 75% off courses for Black Friday! bjcheung77 3 972 12-01-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,358 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How many credits did you earn 2019? natshar 24 3,695 01-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
Big Grin Congrats to all 2019 Graduates and Good Luck to all of us class of 2020 Mitmike2019 1 905 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Can anyone give me info on up to date oct 2019 degree plans lukeskywalker 2 1,054 10-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Last Post: lukeskywalker