Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Udacity 50% off 2019 pricing - Ends 15th Jan 11:59PST
(01-14-2020, 06:00 PM)bluebooger Wrote: I did the Artificial Intelligence with Python nanodegree last year and liked it a lot  
then in December I started the Data Analytics nanodegree --- it was SO BORING --- I was forcing myself to watch more than one video a day and answer more than one question a day from the assignments 
[...]
the nanodegree was so boring and I just didn't have the discipline to do it 
so I ended up cancelling after 3 weeks

I was considering trying out some of the courses in the Data Science career track. Data Analytics is one of the Nanodegrees/Courses suggested for that track. If it is as boring as you say, I don't know that I'm that interested in it either.

Of course, I don't have time to start on the course right now and considering the sale ends today I probably won't have the chance to pick up anything.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(01-14-2020, 05:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, I bought the AI Product Manager Nanodegree as it starts today!  It requires a minimum 5-10 hours/week for two months. That's just 40-80 hours or so, I hope to finish it in less than a month as I pay the Monthly fee instead of the default 2 months.  Basically, I got this one because it hits both of my interests - Artificial Intelligence and Product Management.

Question: There are multiple nanodegrees I am interested in, but can't start them all in one month, can I order them today and then start one after I am complete with the other? Like Staggering them one after the other?

And Oops - LOL, Carla is a bot!  It was Sherry who was really helpful and I got to chat with her again today.
Her reply: As soon as you enroll, your program will get started right away! We suggest enroll when you're ready to study.

Then I got my hands on the Data Streaming Nanodegree which also starts today! It has the same recommended time frame of 2 months of 5-10 hours/week.  I think I can complete this in a months time as well, so just purchased the monthly deal.  

I am eyeing my third purchase right now, haven't pulled the trigger, I think I want the Data Analytics Nanodegree as well.  It starts Jan 21, but has a 4 month estimated time of completion, 10 hours/week.  I'll decide by the end of the day.  I think if I "hack it quickly", I can finish the first two in a month, but this one will take me another month at the earliest or fastest...

So, how many did you purchase?

I make two purchase and Sherry told me to make sure that I can handle them. Rolleyes

EDIT: I think the sale is extended. But I don't know until when the sale takes place.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
I only bought two, the AI Product Manager and the Data Streaming. I put the Data Analyst one on hold for now, will probably do that one after these two or whenever they have another sale. I don't think I can handle three at once, even though the Data Analyst can probably be slowly completed within two months time. Basically, going to put in roughly 40/60 of my energy/time into these two nanodegrees, I will need more time for the Data Streaming as it's slightly more technical in nature.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Udacity sale got extended sale. It did not show when it will expire.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

[-] The following 2 users Like Imbanewbie's post:
  • bluebooger, Clepper43
I've been interested in UX but never done anything like that. Does anyone have experience with their UX Design track? DO you think you need a tech background? It sounds interesting!
Update: This sale ends January 28/2020 11:59 pm EST. Yeah, the UX Designer nanodegree seems interesting too, a Beginner should be able to handle this just fine. You'll be doing the UX design fundamentals with added areas such as Analysis, Prototyping, Research, etc.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
This is perfect timing. The UX bootcamp program that I was going to enroll in a few days ago was put on hold to revamp the curriculum & they’re not sure when they’ll relaunch it. Maybe this could be a substitute or warm up. Thank you!
BABA, New England College, 2019
"Resume shared with 95+ employers"

Anyone use this service at Udacity? Any luck with it?
The coupon code works for the 1st month, so $149, then $199 for every month after, up until completion of the course. I'm considering it!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(01-27-2020, 06:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Update: This sale ends January 28/2020 11:59 pm EST.   Yeah, the UX Designer nanodegree seems interesting too, a Beginner should be able to handle this just fine.  You'll be doing the UX design fundamentals with added areas such as Analysis, Prototyping, Research, etc.

This sale got extended again for 21 more hours from now!  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Udacity & AWS AI & ML Scholarship bjcheung77 1 272 02-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  Beal University Pricing Error bjcheung77 1 282 01-13-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50% off Black Friday sale Udacity Imbanewbie 0 297 11-18-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Upgrad looking at majority stake in Udacity bjcheung77 0 352 07-14-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Microsoft Ends Partnership with Credly MNomadic 5 1,351 05-25-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Udacity - 75% off courses for Black Friday! bjcheung77 3 972 12-01-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,358 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How many credits did you earn 2019? natshar 24 3,696 01-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
Big Grin Congrats to all 2019 Graduates and Good Luck to all of us class of 2020 Mitmike2019 1 905 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Can anyone give me info on up to date oct 2019 degree plans lukeskywalker 2 1,054 10-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Last Post: lukeskywalker