Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade Transfers
Question 
Want to make sure I've got this right:

If I transfer classes in from the following to Charter Oaks, they come across as the grade you made:
  • Study.com
  • Straighterline
  • Saylor
But if I transfer them to ACE first and then transfer them they will come in as a "P" and not affect my GPA.  In other words, if I make below an 'A' then I should use ACE to keep my 4.0.   Big Grin

Is this correct?  Thanks!!
(02-01-2019, 07:21 PM)SuperTal Wrote: Want to make sure I've got this right:

If I transfer classes in from the following to Charter Oaks, they come across as the grade you made:
  • Study.com
  • Straighterline
  • Saylor
But if I transfer them to ACE first and then transfer them they will come in as a "P" and not affect my GPA.  In other words, if I make below an 'A' then I should use ACE to keep my 4.0.   Big Grin

You understand it correctly, however.... there's a catch. The registrar specifically told me (for my son) that we can't pick and choose- that it's either ACE or direct, meaning he can't send a partial transcript from Straighterline (I tried- it included all his A&B classes but none of his C classes). They had already evaluated his credits from ACE, so it was a waste of time. BUT, since that initial eval, he took Business Stats through straighterline and we sent it directly and they added it as a grade! Same with studycom.

So, here's my suggestion to work this to your advantage- if you pass a class with a good grade, send it directly to COSC. If you get a C and would rather have the pass, send it to ACE. DO NOT SEND YOUR ACE TRANSCRIPT until you're finished- and then everything will come in only once, so you'll get your grades AND your passes.
Now, to cover your rear, AFTER you've done this, then go into ACE and get the rest of your classes put on your ACE transcript. You never want to forget that or they'll be "lost" if something were to happen to studycom or straighterline- but you have to wait until after or everything will be on your ACE transcript and you'll have a mess of a time.
Thanks, Jennifer, that is very interesting and useful to know. I just wanted to clarify, so I can use this information to our advantage.

So, is it true that whatever COSC enters into the transcript first (pass/fail vs grade), that is what stays on the transcript, even if the same course comes in later via a different method?

For example: If our son took Intro to communications through SL, put it on the ACE course list and transfers it into COSC via ACE, then it would show as pass on the COSC transcript. Later, suppose he takes C++ programming and wants to have a grade assigned because it looks good for future Graduate School admissions in a computer science field. If he has his SL transcript sent to COSC, both courses would be on it. Will the "pass" stay for the Intro to comm class or would it then be replaced by the grade? I assume not.
(02-05-2019, 11:00 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Thanks, Jennifer, that is very interesting and useful to know. I just wanted to clarify, so I can use this information to our advantage.

So, is it true that whatever COSC enters into the transcript first (pass/fail vs grade), that is what stays on the transcript, even if the same course comes in later via a different method?

For example: If our son took Intro to communications through SL, put it on the ACE course list and transfers it into COSC via ACE, then it would show as pass on the COSC transcript. Later, suppose he takes C++ programming and wants to have a grade assigned because it looks good for future Graduate School admissions in a computer science field. If he has his SL transcript sent to COSC, both courses would be on it. Will the "pass" stay for the Intro to comm class or would it then be replaced by the grade? I assume not.

When your son would take the C+++ and you send it to COSC, if you use SL's transcript, you will have the option of clicking the tick box next to JUST THAT COURSE. So, the communication course wouldn't be sent twice- just once from when you sent the ACE transcript.

I think you understand it correctly- just be really mindful of the sequence that you follow the steps in the right order. You might want to keep a list (I keep a list because I am managing the transcripts for 3 of my sons and I would go crazy otherwise lol).
Does study.com also have that possibility to send a transcript of single or few classes directly to COSC (rather than all)? For both SL and study.com, can you pick and choose which courses to send or can it only be "just this course", meaning the most recent one?
(02-08-2019, 05:58 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Does study.com also have that possibility to send a transcript of single or few classes directly to COSC (rather than all)? For both SL and study.com, can you pick and choose which courses to send or can it only be "just this course", meaning the most recent one?

My membership is on pause until March 17 - I can't access anything. Sorry, I don't know. Dfrecore would know. I don't think we can tag people?
(02-12-2019, 07:49 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 05:58 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Does study.com also have that possibility to send a transcript of single or few classes directly to COSC (rather than all)? For both SL and study.com, can you pick and choose which courses to send or can it only be "just this course", meaning the most recent one?

My membership is on pause until March 17 - I can't access anything.  Sorry, I don't know. Dfrecore would know.  I don't think we can tag people?

I actually don't know this.  I will see if I can find out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I looked into it but i couldn't find an option. I also emailed study.com to ask.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

This week I used the study.com online Transfer request form, to send 3 recently completed courses simultaneously. The form forces you to manually enter which course(s) you want transferred, so yes you can send whichever one(s) you select. My transfer was to TESU, but the online form appears to be the same for all schools. You would have to choose COSC.

I was very happy to get a 72 hour  turnaround on requesting the transfer to TESU updating my evaluation.
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
(02-02-2019, 05:37 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 07:21 PM)SuperTal Wrote: Want to make sure I've got this right:

• Study.com
  • Straighterline
  • Saylor

You understand it correctly, however.... there's a catch.  The registrar specifically told me (for my son) that we can't pick and choose- that it's either ACE or direct, meaning he can't send a partial transcript from Straighterline (I tried- it included all his A&B classes but none of his C classes).  They had already evaluated his credits from ACE, so it was a waste of time.  BUT, since that initial eval, he took Business Stats through straighterline and we sent it directly and they added it as a grade!  Same with studycom.  

So, here's my suggestion to work this to your advantage- if you pass a class with a good grade, send it directly to COSC.  If you get a C and would rather have the pass, send it to ACE. DO NOT SEND YOUR ACE TRANSCRIPT until you're finished- and then everything will come in only once, so you'll get your grades AND your passes.
Now, to cover your rear, AFTER you've done this, then go into ACE and get the rest of your classes put on your ACE transcript.  You never want to forget that or they'll be "lost" if something were to happen to studycom or straighterline- but you have to wait until after or everything will be on your ACE transcript and you'll have a mess of a time.

Argh! I wish I had seen this 2 weeks ago!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  SDC Cancel before grade finalized Milky_Way 2 384 12-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Photo Study.com grade pending. CanICode 5 1,430 11-13-2022, 04:24 PM
Last Post: jsd
Question How does a Study.com grade transfer? catlady 6 1,338 09-09-2022, 03:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com raising grade Ideas 1 802 01-13-2022, 05:09 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  New Study.com transcripts have a number grade on them jsh1138 3 1,166 12-02-2020, 12:39 PM
  Sophia - Retaking a course for a higher grade jembig 4 1,955 08-14-2020, 09:14 AM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Study.com Proctored Exam Grade Time? Kylana 25 5,461 08-06-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: tallpilot
  Has your grade ever mattered? scorpion 17 2,591 05-04-2020, 03:07 PM
Last Post: dfrecore