Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with AAS RN Degree
Wink 
Hello everyone

I am looking to get back into college I decide to take up Nursing Degree (AAS)

can anyone suggest which Clep exams I should take first.
You would have to see if your school accepted CLEP before doing anything. Then, you have to see which CLEP exams they accept (since not all schools that do accept CLEP accept all CLEP exams).

Once you know if it's an option, then you'd need to put together a degree plan, showing everything you needed to do to get the AAS - and then you could figure out which of the requirements had a CLEP exam, and which your school would accept for that requirement.

THEN, you can choose which CLEP exams you want to take.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, wlaquan
(03-10-2019, 10:24 PM)Thank you dfrecore Wrote: You would have to see if your school accepted CLEP before doing anything.  Then, you have to see which CLEP exams they accept (since not all schools that do accept CLEP accept all CLEP exams).

Once you know if it's an option, then you'd need to put together a degree plan, showing everything you needed to do to get the AAS - and then you could figure out which of the requirements had a CLEP exam, and which your school would accept for that requirement.

THEN, you can choose which CLEP exams you want to take.
Also, you can't take CLEP exams for credits you already have- so when you say you're going "back" to college, that suggests you might already have some credit. I don't recommend doing any CLEP exams until you're sure you can, and your college has applied your existing credits to your degree plan. Whatever gaps you have left over will make good candidates for possible CLEP tests.
(03-11-2019, 12:19 PM)Ive been out of college since 2003 so a lot of the  classes of have taken will not count because  material is outdated cookderosa Wrote: Also, you can't take CLEP exams for credits you already have- so when you say you're going "back" to college, that suggests you might already have some credit. I don't recommend doing any CLEP exams until you're sure you can, and your college has applied your existing credits to your degree plan. Whatever gaps you have left over will make good candidates for possible CLEP tests.
(03-11-2019, 01:04 PM)wlaquan Wrote: Ive been out of college since 2003 so a lot of the  classes of have taken will not count because  material is outdated 

That's probably not true for most, if not all, of your credits. I would expect them all to transfer, with the possible exception of science courses directly related to your degree. You will get the most help here if you go ahead and lay your cards down on the table. Tell us where you're planning to go to school and what credits you have now.

P.S. Please type your replies completely below the quote boxes instead of where you are now.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • dfrecore
As davewill said, most schools don't expect your credits to be newer - they will take old credits for GE and other stuff (I've transferred my 20-yo credits to multiple schools). With a nursing degree, they MAY want specific courses (usually lab sciences) to be newer than say 5 years old, but they should still take the rest of your credits without a problem.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine - Degree after 50! bjcheung77 4 1,379 04-03-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: NC Coach
  TEEX courses already applied to degree Seagull 6 1,148 03-31-2021, 10:44 AM
Last Post: P226mem
  college degree estherkay 12 1,899 03-18-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: estherkay
  Foreigner: any way to get a degree online - no CLEP DSST tomokaicho 21 2,496 01-22-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Degree from Sophia Courses Alone? McManus 8 3,709 12-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can I complete the majority of a degree on Study.com or a similar site? hlg38 12 3,106 05-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  SOPHIA test- transfer to non-degree transcript yokopilar 11 2,749 04-29-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Columbia Southern University and StraighterLine - Saving on my degree Bpreli 6 2,322 04-22-2020, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Question on degree plan using mostly Sophia mdel210201 6 1,753 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  online degree classes study material options mdel210201 1 899 03-17-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77