Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unaccredited or Life Experience Degrees that are legal?
What are some unaccredited or life experience degrees that are legal to put on a resume? I’d like to legally put bachelors degree on my resume ASAP. Thanks.
That's not really a thing. If you want a legal bachelor's degree, you can get one in about 6 months for under $5k: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ctcarl, Vle045
Hey ak1238, I've been getting regular private messages asking me this each and every year, just this last month alone I had 3 people ask me about these type of degrees. There are many out there, but I usually would not recommend them even though some are usable. Generally I get people to provide more details on why you're looking for these type of degrees. Let me ask you, how much energy, money, time do you want to put into your education to get that degree? Are you looking for an Associates, a Bachelors, or a Masters? Provide me more details on your background, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ctcarl, Vle045
(06-09-2021, 12:30 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey ak1238, I've been getting regular private messages asking me this each and every year, just this last month alone I had 3 people ask me about these type of degrees.  There are many out there, but I usually would not recommend them even though some are usable.  Generally I get people to provide more details on why you're looking for these type of degrees.  Let me ask you, how much energy, money, time do you want to put into your education to get that degree?  Are you looking for an Associates, a Bachelors, or a Masters?  Provide me more details on your background, etc...
I’m looking for a Bachelors. I would like to do it quickly. High energy and I can put the money in to obtain it. I’m just looking to get past application filters when applying for jobs and also not getting in trouble/ rejected if the company runs a background check. I don’t need a regionally accredited degree. Thanks!

Also I have over 5 years of experience in IT and IT certifications
I would strongly suggest UMPI. At under $5k for less than 6 months, the cost is going to be right around the same as much less legitimate unaccredited degrees. Why put in time and money towards what will be viewed as a diploma-mill degree when you can instead get a legitimate degree that will be recognized by EVERYONE?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ctcarl, jch, ss20ts
(06-09-2021, 08:59 AM)ak1238 Wrote: I’m looking for a Bachelors. I would like to do it quickly. High energy and I can put the money in to obtain it. I’m just looking to get past application filters when applying for jobs and also not getting in trouble/ rejected if the company runs a background check. I don’t need a regionally accredited degree. Thanks!

You've come to the right place and have bumped into the right people. I was in your position, and thanks in no small part to this site in general and the first two members who've responded to your post in particular, I now have my Bachelors and I've helped one family member to earn an Associates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-09-2021, 09:08 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:59 AM)ak1238 Wrote: I’m looking for a Bachelors. I would like to do it quickly. High energy and I can put the money in to obtain it. I’m just looking to get past application filters when applying for jobs and also not getting in trouble/ rejected if the company runs a background check. I don’t need a regionally accredited degree. Thanks!

You've come to the right place and have bumped into the right people.  I was in your position, and thanks in no small part to this site in general and the first two members who've responded to your post in particular, I now have my Bachelors and I've helped one family member to earn an Associates.
Awesome! Do you mind sharing any tips or colleges that I can start looking into?
(06-09-2021, 12:30 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey ak1238, I've been getting regular private messages asking me this each and every year, just this last month alone I had 3 people ask me about these type of degrees. There are many out there, but I usually would not recommend them even though some are usable. Generally I get people to provide more details on why you're looking for these type of degrees. Let me ask you, how much energy, money, time do you want to put into your education to get that degree? Are you looking for an Associates, a Bachelors, or a Masters? Provide me more details on your background, etc...

I agree with Rachel, although I would point to WGU instead of UMPI if you're going to stay in IT. Their IT and IT Management degrees come with a bunch of certifications. https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/it...tions.html.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(06-09-2021, 09:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I would strongly suggest UMPI. At under $5k for less than 6 months, the cost is going to be right around the same as much less legitimate unaccredited degrees. Why put in time and money towards what will be viewed as a diploma-mill degree when you can instead get a legitimate degree that will be recognized by EVERYONE?
I’ll definitely contact the university today. Less than 6 months sounds amazing.  Thank you!

(06-09-2021, 09:16 AM)Flelm Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 12:30 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey ak1238, I've been getting regular private messages asking me this each and every year, just this last month alone I had 3 people ask me about these type of degrees.  There are many out there, but I usually would not recommend them even though some are usable.  Generally I get people to provide more details on why you're looking for these type of degrees.  Let me ask you, how much energy, money, time do you want to put into your education to get that degree?  Are you looking for an Associates, a Bachelors, or a Masters?  Provide me more details on your background, etc...

I agree with Rachel, although I would point to WGU instead of UMPI if you're going to stay in IT. Their IT and IT Management degrees come with a bunch of certifications. https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/it...tions.html.
I wouldn’t be able to finish quickly. I looked at the curriculum and It would probably take me 1.5 yrs to finish. Not bad but I’m looking for something faster. Thank you though!
In addition, the slightly more reputable (though still viewed as a diploma mill by anyone taking a closer look) unaccredited schools that offer "life experience" degrees will expect you to write essays and essays about your experiences. This is a heck of a lot of work and could wind up taking many months. It's actually going to be MORE work than most of the legitimate RA degrees that we suggest here. For instance, most Sophia.org courses are passed through multiple-choice exams. Someone like yourself can use your life experience to pass the Intro to Information Technology course at Sophia in just a couple of hours. Mature students can usually pass most Sophia courses in a couple of days, if that. (Students fresh out of HS may need 1-2 months for some of the courses.)

WGU is a good option if you have enough certifications that you can transfer in the maximum credits. However, they don't have many general education requirements and, thus, it's harder to complete their degrees quickly.

But, if literally ANY degree will work for your needs, a UMPI Liberal Studies degree would be the absolute fastest and easiest. https://umpi.edu/yourpace I would possibly suggest a Management Information Systems minor for you. That would get you a degree super fast with a minor that could help you with future promotions.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,097 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 632 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Limit On Degrees somechick 5 684 09-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  My experience at SNHU as a BS Finance major neilsf 12 1,689 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM
  Amberton Bachelor's Experience? SCYankee 6 955 03-01-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  online Web Development degrees pluggingalong 11 1,391 02-28-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Any cheap and easy Associates Degrees? learningthehardway 2 1,338 05-29-2022, 12:17 AM
  Lancaster Bible College - Christian-oriented non-religious degrees rachel83az 0 909 05-19-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Theological degrees starting at $300/mo. rachel83az 11 1,967 05-14-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Can graduate credits be used for undergraduate degrees? xicovu 9 1,426 09-01-2021, 07:13 PM
Last Post: xicovu