Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding the Physical & Natural World TESC requirement - Science course options?
keepsingin Wrote:Thought I'd mention, because I haven't seen this anywhere else... In my eval, TESU put Teex's Cyber Security for Business Professionals (comes in as CIS-344) under Understanding the Physical & Natural World. It surprised me because I've always read it was only an elective, and a gen ed elective at most. Pretty awesome; maybe y'all already know this?

I think that one was already known.

The other 2 are the ones that come in as Free Electives only.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Yes, you can take Intro to Computing at Study.com and not have it overlap the CLEP.

They just updated my evaluation and it's showing as overlap. Sad
They put them both in as C0S-101 and they aren't counting one of them. Is there anything I can do to fight this or is it just the way it is?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:They just updated my evaluation and it's showing as overlap. Sad
They put them both in as C0S-101 and they aren't counting one of them. Is there anything I can do to fight this or is it just the way it is?

Well, that is so weird. Originally, the DSST was Intro to Computing, and the CLEP was Info Systems and Computer Applications and they although they had different course numbers, they still duplicated each other at TESU. Then, Study.com had the courses for these, and they were prep courses. Once they became actual credit-bearing courses, TESU gave them course numbers, and said they did not duplicate. I did not pay much attention to the course numbers, because I thought they were given the same course equivalencies as the CLEP and DSST that they were modeled after.

Obviously, I was wrong in telling you this would work and I apologize. It seems as if TESU changed the equivalencies for the DSST & CLEP to the same course number, and that that particular exam at Study.com duplicates both of them. BUT, the Info Sys & Computer Apps course does NOT duplicate any of those 3.

Again, I am really sorry for steering you wrong there. I'm completely confused about what they did here, and can't figure out for the life of my why they changed it all around to what they did, as none of it makes any sense.

I hope you still have access to Study.com and can take the other exam and have it count differently, but as always, you should always check with TESU to get the courses planned into your degree before taking them, because things can and do change regularly.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Well, that is so weird. Originally, the DSST was Intro to Computing, and the CLEP was Info Systems and Computer Applications and they although they had different course numbers, they still duplicated each other at TESU. Then, Study.com had the courses for these, and they were prep courses. Once they became actual credit-bearing courses, TESU gave them course numbers, and said they did not duplicate. I did not pay much attention to the course numbers, because I thought they were given the same course equivalencies as the CLEP and DSST that they were modeled after.

Obviously, I was wrong in telling you this would work and I apologize. It seems as if TESU changed the equivalencies for the DSST & CLEP to the same course number, and that that particular exam at Study.com duplicates both of them. BUT, the Info Sys & Computer Apps course does NOT duplicate any of those 3.

Again, I am really sorry for steering you wrong there. I'm completely confused about what they did here, and can't figure out for the life of my why they changed it all around to what they did, as none of it makes any sense.

I hope you still have access to Study.com and can take the other exam and have it count differently, but as always, you should always check with TESU to get the courses planned into your degree before taking them, because things can and do change regularly.

Agh, okay that's not problem. I figured at least one or two courses would end up not counting for some stupid reason.
Luckily I do still have study.com, so do you think I could possibly take Business 104 - Info systems and computer applications on study.com that transfers as CIS 102 to TESU and have that count as my natural world requirement? I could do nutrition but I already have 82/100 quizzes done on BUS104 due to overlap from the other computer course. I will of course ask TESU, I just don't want to bother asking if it for sure wouldn't work.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:They just updated my evaluation and it's showing as overlap. Sad

Not sure why they did this, I would refer them to this. I got prior approval to do CIS-107 (at CC) and then COS-101 and CIS-102

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2224[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2225[/ATTACH]

also

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...urses.html

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Computers.jpg (Size: 18.22 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Natural World.jpg (Size: 18.17 KB / Downloads: 2)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Did you do the CLEP and one of the study.com courses? For some reason they are showing both course numbers as COS101
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Did you do the CLEP and one of the study.com courses? For some reason they are showing both course numbers as COS101

Oh you took the information systems CLEP exam? It does say right on TESU that
"Information Systems - COS-101 Introduction to Computers 3 2/28/18 "

So it will duplicate with the COS101 Study.com course. I would have swore that the CLEP came in as CIS-107. How are people completing CIS-107 on business degree if the CLEP doesn't work?

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:Oh you took the information systems CLEP exam? It does say right on TESU that
"Information Systems - COS-101 Introduction to Computers 3 2/28/18 "

So it will duplicate with the COS101 Study.com course. I would have swore that the CLEP came in as CIS-107. How are people completing CIS-107 on business degree if the CLEP doesn't work?

The TECEP or SL's IT course should both come in as CIS-107.
Will Study.com's Environmental Science 101: Environment and Humanity will meet this requirement??
TESU BSBA GM
Started: Nov 2016
Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
114/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
DAVAR: (18) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican Gov
TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:Will Study.com's Environmental Science 101: Environment and Humanity will meet this requirement??

This will come into TESU as "ENS-201 : Environment and Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet " according to Study.com's Transfer list. I am not sure if it will cover that area or not for you. Best bet is to do what I did and e-mail advisors and ask them. They will usually add it as Planned in your eval so you know where it will go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 281 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 225 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,322 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 227 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 605 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 706 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 312 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 409 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,221 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader