Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Universidad Central De Nicaragua - Psychology
The University of Central Nicaragua has a MA, Dr./PhD program in Psychology taught in English (or German). 
Their MA program is pretty much the same or very similar to any RA/NA Masters in Psychology.
The program that caught my attention would be their 3 year Ph.D. program for $8,900 USD...

Concentrations available (See PDF):  Communication & Interaction, Coaching Psychology, Neuro-Science,
Neuro-Linguistic Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Health, Psychotherapeutic Methods, and Diagnostic.
Note: The two main professors are from Europe even though they teach in South America

Main UCN webpage (in Spanish): https://www.ucn.edu.ni/
UCN International School of Psychology Website: https://ucn-berlin.de
UCN Program details: https://www.ucn.edu.ni/?page_id=3531
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • eLearner, harrypotter, Imbanewbie, JWells247
Do they accept bachelors for phd entry?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Where can I find details about accreditation?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(08-12-2020, 05:06 AM)Supermind Wrote: Where can I find details about accreditation?

It's accredited:

http://www.cnu.edu.ni/universidades-miem...ablecidas/ 

The CNU handles Nicaragua's higher education system.
I mean- accredited by whom? Like RA or NA in the US. Are their PhDs recognised in the US?

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(08-12-2020, 09:59 AM)Supermind Wrote: I mean- accredited by whom? Like RA or NA in the US. Are their PhDs recognised in the US?

EDIT: CNU is the authority for higher education in Nicaragua. There is no RA/NA system there, and the RA/NA type system doesn't exist practically anywhere else outside of the United States

Well, with the exception of schools like Amity University (India) and some others, foreign schools don't normally carry American accreditation, nor should that ever be an expectation since foreign schools are subject to the accreditation systems within their own countries. That being said, I do recall a UCN degree having been evaluated as equivalent to U.S. RA.

When it comes to foreign degrees (and more with degrees from foreign schools that are not well-known in the U.S.), recognition will have to come through a foreign degree evaluator first and it's commonplace for schools to require that evaluation before you can enroll, so expect the same scrutiny when applying for academic roles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • RachelB
That’s great to know- that UCN degrees are deemed equivalent of a US RA degree.

(08-12-2020, 10:17 AM)Supermind Wrote: That’s great to know- that UCN degrees are deemed equivalent of a US RA degree.

Just keep in mind that was based on one known evaluation some time ago. Things change in that realm, and not every evaluator agrees. Best thing to do is go with a NACES evaluator and get multiple evaluations if one does not pan out to your liking. The tough part is, although NACES has a number of evaluation service companies to choose from, most schools ask for a WES evaluation, and WES is very particular.
How does one ask for an evaluation before applying for a degree program at UCN? Is that possible? Because if the degree will not be accepted in the US, I might as well not pursue it.

I've never heard of such a thing. When you choose a foreign program, it comes with some minor risks, you just have to accept that going in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Central Lancashire (UK) LLM under $3K? Kalas 7 1,323 02-21-2024, 04:14 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  ENEB transfer credit to Universidad Azteca/UCN and others Kalas 14 2,579 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Fastest Least Expensive Masters in Psychology or Education dbwdb 21 3,737 09-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ejones
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,306 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  ESHE/ALCALA & UCAM (and other Universidad) Master of Permanent Training in XXX yuwenjiaxuan 9 1,496 05-24-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Titulo propio Master's in Psychology? basu888 10 1,646 05-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest / cheapest Psychology Master’s - FOR LICENSURE Ninjadude 9 2,049 03-15-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Ninjadude
  TECH Universidad Technologica Popestt 30 8,079 01-24-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Eliablive
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,467 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 957 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095