Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Universidad Central De Nicaragua - Psychology
I just read on some other discussion thread that WES offers some kind of a ‘rough estimate’ of how a foreign degree might be evaluated in the US. There is a free service available on their website.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(08-12-2020, 10:46 AM)Supermind Wrote: I just read on some other discussion thread that WES offers some kind of a ‘rough estimate’ of how a foreign degree might be evaluated in the US. There is a free service available on their website.

Whatever they offer outside of an official evaluation is unofficial and more than likely won't be accepted anywhere.
(08-12-2020, 10:32 AM)eLearner Wrote: I've never heard of such a thing. When you choose a foreign program, it comes with some minor risks, you just have to accept that going in.

I chose this thread semi-randomly to drop a news item:  The government of Nicaragua has just closed 5 universities
Nicaragua’s Sandinista government shuts universities down - The Washington Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • eLearner, Kab
Politics and education does not mix well together.
(02-15-2022, 09:16 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 10:32 AM)eLearner Wrote: I've never heard of such a thing. When you choose a foreign program, it comes with some minor risks, you just have to accept that going in.

I chose this thread semi-randomly to drop a news item:  The government of Nicaragua has just closed 5 universities

Hopefully that doesn't hit UCN.

I have had extensive communications with the school's psychology arm, and I'm impressed with how flexible they are and how willing they are to customize the program to help Americans have a better chance at being licensed in their respective states. It's a shame that schools in the United States aren't doing that and instead are only trying to charge you $100K+ and doing nothing to help fix how unnecessarily difficult it is to get licensed as a Psychologist, because, well, they don't care.
(02-17-2022, 11:38 AM)eLearner Wrote:

I have had extensive communications with the school's psychology arm, and I'm impressed with how flexible they are and how willing they are to customize the program to help Americans have a better chance at being licensed in their respective states. It's a shame that schools in the United States aren't doing that and instead are only trying to charge you $100K+ and doing nothing to help fix how unnecessarily difficult it is to get licensed as a Psychologist, because, well, they don't care.

From what I have heard, UCN had a good review for this year and will remain open for the time being.  They will likely start amending their admissions policies though in the near future.  I just passed my PhD thesis that was supervised by Azteca University and am waiting to receive the PhD in Education official award from UCN as I completed it as part of their inter-university program.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes cacoleman1983's post:
  • KSoul
(09-12-2022, 09:20 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 11:38 AM)eLearner Wrote:

From what I have heard, UCN had a good review for this year and will remain open for the time being.  They will likely start amending their admissions policies though in the near future.  I just passed my PhD thesis that was supervised by Azteca University and am waiting to receive the PhD in Education official award from UCN as I completed it as part of their inter-university program.

That is awesome news! Congrats, Dr. Coleman!!!

Man, I love seeing others doing good things! I don't know how people can be haters, but I don't want to know, I just won't be like them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • KSoul
I hope that one day they'll add their PhD in business online. https://www.ucn.edu.ni/?page_id=2418
Just a little information to pass along: I was curious about some details regarding the UCN Doctorates in Psychology so I sent them an email. I got a reply letting me know that the UCN Psychology program is closed to new applicants, and that the future of the program is unknown... and this came from the head Professor, so it doesn't look good.
(08-24-2023, 12:45 PM)eLearner Wrote: Just a little information to pass along: I was curious about some details regarding the UCN Doctorates in Psychology so I sent them an email. I got a reply letting me know that the UCN Psychology program is closed to new applicants, and that the future of the program is unknown... and this came from the head Professor, so it doesn't look good.

Well, this was a bummer to end after reading some awesome/positive updates. Time will tell, and uncertainty doesn't always have to end with negative results.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Central Lancashire (UK) LLM under $3K? Kalas 7 1,320 02-21-2024, 04:14 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  ENEB transfer credit to Universidad Azteca/UCN and others Kalas 14 2,567 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Fastest Least Expensive Masters in Psychology or Education dbwdb 21 3,732 09-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ejones
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,303 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  ESHE/ALCALA & UCAM (and other Universidad) Master of Permanent Training in XXX yuwenjiaxuan 9 1,493 05-24-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Titulo propio Master's in Psychology? basu888 10 1,642 05-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest / cheapest Psychology Master’s - FOR LICENSURE Ninjadude 9 2,042 03-15-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Ninjadude
  TECH Universidad Technologica Popestt 30 8,053 01-24-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Eliablive
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,457 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 955 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095