Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Università degli studi Guglielmo Marconi Telematica - Low cost european degree
(05-26-2021, 11:48 PM)rbat2021 Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 03:09 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Marconi university is private university in italy with limited program options. I graduated from marconi and my experience with them was great. U get assigned a POC (they are called tutor) and they help u with scheduling exams and other stuff. Exams can be scheduled whenever u think ur ready. U can retake it if u feel ur gpa is not good enough, a tactic i used to bump up my gpa from 2.7 to 3.3.

I had transferred into the final year of the program. The fee mentioned on the website is 2200 eur. I asked for a discount and they offered me a scholarship and i had to pay 1500 eur. Its self paced in the sense u can take the final exam whenever u want but an academic year is gonna last a year regardless of u completing all ur courses. They also allow credit transfer at their discretion.

As for recognition, i used that degree to get into NAU MCIT. I needed an evaluation ofcourse. I got it done by spantran and the assessment said my degree was equivalent to an RA BSc in computer science engineering amounting to 66 credits (not sure what the last part means). Marconi is recognized and accredited in italy by the ministry of education.

https://www.gmuonline.org/en/

Congrats! I've just found out about these Italian universities and it's great to hear someone reporting back on them. 

I'm assuming that you transferred into your last year of their bachelor's in computer engineering.

Were the exams proctored? Did you have to take any in person?

I understand they have a full 1 year policy, but do you expect their could be potential for leniency on this?

Finally, would you say that it is achievable for the average person to complete a year's worth in 3 months if one devotes 40 hours a week to it?

Thanks
The exams are proctored. U wont be able to finish it in 3 months due to their policy. The duration has to be 1 year. U can enrol and take the tests in the last 3 months or the first 3 and then wait for the degree to be conferred. I needed like 40hrs to prep for each course and I managed to get a mix of As and Bs. My final GPA was 3.6 on a 4.0 scale.

Which program are u interested in?
(05-27-2021, 12:26 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 11:48 PM)rbat2021 Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 03:09 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Marconi university is private university in italy with limited program options. I graduated from marconi and my experience with them was great. U get assigned a POC (they are called tutor) and they help u with scheduling exams and other stuff. Exams can be scheduled whenever u think ur ready. U can retake it if u feel ur gpa is not good enough, a tactic i used to bump up my gpa from 2.7 to 3.3.

I had transferred into the final year of the program. The fee mentioned on the website is 2200 eur. I asked for a discount and they offered me a scholarship and i had to pay 1500 eur. Its self paced in the sense u can take the final exam whenever u want but an academic year is gonna last a year regardless of u completing all ur courses. They also allow credit transfer at their discretion.

As for recognition, i used that degree to get into NAU MCIT. I needed an evaluation ofcourse. I got it done by spantran and the assessment said my degree was equivalent to an RA BSc in computer science engineering amounting to 66 credits (not sure what the last part means). Marconi is recognized and accredited in italy by the ministry of education.

https://www.gmuonline.org/en/

Congrats! I've just found out about these Italian universities and it's great to hear someone reporting back on them. 

I'm assuming that you transferred into your last year of their bachelor's in computer engineering.

Were the exams proctored? Did you have to take any in person?

I understand they have a full 1 year policy, but do you expect their could be potential for leniency on this?

Finally, would you say that it is achievable for the average person to complete a year's worth in 3 months if one devotes 40 hours a week to it?

Thanks
The exams are proctored. U wont be able to finish it in 3 months due to their policy. The duration has to be 1 year. U can enrol and take the tests in the last 3 months or the first 3 and then wait for the degree to be conferred. I needed like 40hrs to prep for each course and I managed to get a mix of As and Bs. My final GPA was 3.6 on a 4.0 scale.

Which program are u interested in?

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I was hoping they'd be a bit more lenient with the full year waiting period. Nonetheless, still a great deal. 

I'm actually interested in a "Master livello I" in nutrition and I'm considering about 3 or 4 Italian universities at the moment. I don't know if it will transfer as a Master's degree here in the U.S. but my research leads me to believe there's a good chance.

Most likely I'll have to do it in Italian too as I can't find any offering it in English.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 5 99 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 7 393 04-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,063 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,703 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 581 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  British Master’s degree for £1,950 armado 23 4,001 02-17-2024, 01:55 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  NAU is ending their PL MOL degree Ebroady23 5 837 01-19-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: kai1120
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,649 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,427 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Seeking affordable online interior design degree lumina 12 1,297 12-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley