Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Arizona Leadership Readiness for Turbulent Times Certificate
The University of Arizona is receiving excellent press on its “pay-what-you-can program.”  Over 1,000 have taken it so far.  30% voluntarily pay more for the program.  I just paid them what they asked for.  It is nice to see support for higher ed by generous people. 

https://edscoop.com/u-arizona-boosts-edu...n-courses/
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • rachel83az
Three questions:

Are international students welcome??

Is the groups interaction part mandatory?? (as non-english native i feel shy with this part)

It is limited offer or i could take it later??
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(06-25-2020, 01:46 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Three questions:

Is the groups interaction part mandatory?? (as non-english native i feel shy with this part)

#1 We had international students in my class.

#2 I would email the program

#3 I would email the program
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • cecilgambe7

A reminder that your verbal English skills won't get better without practice. Think of it as a free English lesson with the purchase of a certificate.  Wink  As a native English speaker, I also feel extremely shy and self-conscious when trying to interact with people in a language other than English. Where I am right now, I can say "please", "thank you", the number 2 and the number 10. So I really understand where you're coming from with this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(06-25-2020, 03:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

A reminder that your verbal English skills won't get better without practice. Think of it as a free English lesson with the purchase of a certificate.  Wink  As a native English speaker, I also feel extremely shy and self-conscious when trying to interact with people in a language other than English. Where I am right now, I can say "please", "thank you", the number 2 and the number 10. So I really understand where you're coming from with this.
Thank you for your advice  Big Grin
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)

Yes, there are plenty of international people. They tend to ask people to chime in on where they are from at the start of each class.

The course is targeted towards executives and business professionals, so they do expect people to be able to interact in groups. They ask everyone to participate in the group chats using video camera and microphone, but there are a lot of people for whom English is not their primary language. You could always ask to be grouped with people of a like language or something if you really feel this would be a problem. That said, as rachel83az mentioned, it is a good opportunity to work on language skills.

When I spoke to the people at Eller they mentioned that they planned to keep this going for as long as they can. But that probably depends a lot on how many people pay vs. taking the course using scholarships.

Also keep in mind that this is a non-credit course and is meant as a means for business professionals to expand their skills and network. If you're not looking for those two things, this may not be a good investment of your time or money.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • cecilgambe7, rachel83az
Just letting all forum members know about the "Leadership Readiness For Turbulent Times" certificate. 
I paid a small fee for each course and I think it's well worth it, if you can, "pay it forward".
I got this email below earlier today, they have up-coming sessions, "pay what you can".

Note: Anyways - Their other cert below is $2200 and much more work than this affordable mini-series.
For myself, I won't be taking it, but if you have the energy/money/time - "High Impact" might be for you!

You are part of a growing network of leaders around the globe that have participated in one or more of our Leadership Readiness series of courses.
We are inviting you to reflect on your experience in our classes and share this opportunity with a colleague. Pay it forward by giving the gift of leadership development!

Please forward this email to a friend and consider registering yourself for any courses you may have missed – even if your budget is $0.
The live online course schedule for September is below and link to register is –  Leadership Readiness For Turbulent Times

·        Leadership Through Crisis: Effective Communication
Thursday, September 10, 11:30 - 1:00 p.m. AZ/Pacific Time

·        Leading Resilient Virtual Teams: Unlock Opportunity for Innovation
Thursday, September 10, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. AZ/Pacific Time

·        Deciphering Turbulence: Sources of Data and Insight
Thursday, September 17, 11:30 - 1:00 p.m. AZ/Pacific Time

·        Decision Making in a Crisis: How to Lead in Chaos
Thursday, September 17, 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. AZ/Pacific Time

Visit our website for additional leadership opportunities such as obtaining a certificate in our High Impact Leadership program, sessions begin November 2.

All our best,
Eller Executive Education
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ight=eller

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,428 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,714 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,027 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,701 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,124 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 501 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Certificate in Value Creation, Florida Atlantic U, Free Online Jonathan Whatley 11 2,170 09-13-2023, 11:12 AM
Last Post: NapoleonInRags
  Free Public Health Foundations Certificate - SUNY University at Albany Maniac Craniac 2 867 07-19-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Graduate Certificate in Telehealth!!! sanantone 34 6,617 02-16-2023, 07:35 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Baker University & FEMA Courses sacredrain 5 2,449 01-05-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: lisarox