Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of California - Davis online MBA
https://gsm.ucdavis.edu/online-mba
$105k. Why are you posting this? I'm always curious when people just post stuff on the forum with no explanation of why they think it's pertinent.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(10-17-2021, 08:43 AM)dfrecore Wrote: $105k. Why are you posting this? I'm always curious when people just post stuff on the forum with no explanation of why they think it's pertinent.

KIV and for future reference for people who might be interested in an online MBA from a top Uni.

would show up when they search for it.

inb4 its so expensive something something i can buy a house with that!
(10-17-2021, 08:43 AM)dfrecore Wrote: $105k. Why are you posting this? I'm always curious when people just post stuff on the forum with no explanation of why they think it's pertinent.

For that kind of money why not shoot for Harvard, Princeton, one of the ivies where the degree with their name on it and the networking will open doors that UC Davis just won't open? I just can't see any of the users on here ever going for an MBA that costs $105K.
(10-17-2021, 09:44 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

For that kind of money why not shoot for Harvard, Princeton, one of the ivies where the degree with their name on it and the networking will open doors that UC Davis just won't open? I just can't see any of the users on here ever going for an MBA that costs $105K.
Yeah, I agree with that. For right around the same $100k price point, I could get a University of Illinois MBA (with Coursera), an Indiana University Master’s in Accounting (with EdX), AND a DBA from Marshall University.  Granted, I don’t want to spend $100k more on education, but still. I also understand there are people who would want live, online courses, but not me. Why not just attend in-person at that point?

UC Davis is a fine school, but I don’t think the brand is strong enough to justify that type of money. I am curious about the whole “stem-designated” degree thing that is splashed over the site in multiple locations. It looks like that allows people who come to the US on student visas to work longer after completing their degree than would normally be the case. Perhaps that is part of why the sticker price is so high?
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(10-17-2021, 10:20 AM)freeloader Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 09:44 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

Yeah, I agree with that. For right around the same $100k price point, I could get a University of Illinois MBA (with Coursera), an Indians University Master’s in Accounting (with EdX), AND a DBA from Marshall University.  Granted, I don’t want to spend $100k more on education, but still. I also understand there are people who would want live, online courses, but not me. Why not just attend in-person at that point?

UC Davis is a fine school, but I don’t think the brand is strong enough to justify that type of money. I am curious about the whole “stem-designated” degree thing that is splashed over the site in multiple locations. It looks like that allows people who come to the US on student visas to work longer after completing their degree than would normally be the case. Perhaps that is part of why the sticker price is so high?

UC Davis is well-known for some programs - their Vet school is THE best in the country.  But their business school? I don't think so!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-17-2021, 09:44 AM)nyvrem Wrote: its so expensive something something i can buy a house with that!

I have seen similar programs before. Those are for celebrities' social and getting a diploma as the side effect. Some got married to billionaire classmates through such programs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 247 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 312 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,074 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 320 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 278 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 496 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,460 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 269 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 550 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool