Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Louisiana - Lafayette MBA
At about $12,800 with all textbooks included, this is one of the most affordable online MBAs in the country and one of a handful of most affordable AACSB MBAs in the world. Ability to finish in little as 15 months. There seems to be a borderline open admissions to applicants with bachelor degrees & GMAT isn’t required for those with 3.0 GPA+. It seems very attractive to those B students on a budget & yet I have heard extremely little about this program. I’m looking into enrolling in January but the lack of student reviews is sort of worrisome. Has anyone had experience with this program, heard anything about it or is anyone generally interested? Thanks!
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes harrypotter's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Gonna bump this, anyone?
I have not heard of this program however I do not know all of them. I will say that my MBA program is AACSB accredited and was $11,880 total. It is in that same “ultra-affordable” category like this program you are looking at. Now, my MSF program is significantly more. LOL
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(08-19-2019, 12:01 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: I have not heard of this program however I do not know all of them. I will say that my MBA program is AACSB accredited and was $11,880 total. It is in that same “ultra-affordable” category like this program you are looking at. Now, my MSF program is significantly more. LOL

I am curious .... the knowledge you acquired in the MSF allowed you to make money in stocks market??
That is a very good price for an AACSB Accredited MBA. The only things I can find online state that it used to be Southwest Louisiana University, and the only review I can find online states that if you dont have a LOT of previous business experience, a bachelors in business AND at least 6 hours a day to dedicate to this degree, then don't. Again its only one review, and it obviously came from someone with a non business background who feels like they are drowning with the workload.

I currently completing the MSML through WGU (ACBSB), once that is complete I may look into this. Yes I know I only have 5 classes to complete the WGU MBA at that point, however I'm also interested in obtaining my MBA from a different school, with a separate accreditation. And as my work will pay 10k a year towards schooling, I could pick this up fairly cheap.

Thanks for pointing it out and adding to my options list.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this particular program, but I wanted to highlight another ultra cheap AACSB MBA that I rarely see discussed: University of Texas - Permian Basin

https://degree.utpb.edu/articles/busines...texas.aspx

Tuition for UTPB's 12-month accelerated program is $326.71 per credit hour, which means the cost of earning your MBA will be between $9,801.30 and $11,761.56, depending on your undergraduate education.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 219 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,053 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,453 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,842 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,970 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,310 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,296 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy