Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University of Maine at Presque Isle
(09-08-2019, 09:09 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 08:54 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 05:35 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Just an update:

They added a BA in Liberal Arts with concentrations in 5 different fields - accounting/ education/ management/ IT/ & project management.

Cost per session is not $2,000 - it's $1,400. 

Sessions are 8 weeks long/ 6 sessions available every year.

*Also, in their FAQ it says there is no limit on the amount of courses one can transfer into a degree - I have my doubts about this so I’m emailing them.

More information on how the courses work is on their FAQ page: https://www.online.umpi.edu/faqs.aspx

Please post what they say on NO Limit of transfer credits?
From the link he provided:

"There is no limit to the number of credit hours you can transfer."

I also read that on the website.  Not the first time a college website and catalog was wrong. 

If you can really transfer in 120 SH of 120 SH that would make them better than the Big 3. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

They request transcripts for you and pay for them. They would spend a lot of money on me.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(09-08-2019, 09:17 PM)sanantone Wrote: They request transcripts for you and pay for them. They would spend a lot of money on me.

Did it really say UMPI would request transcripts for you and pay for them?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(09-08-2019, 09:17 PM)sanantone Wrote: They request transcripts for you and pay for them. They would spend a lot of money on me.

I know.  If I ever thought about applying here, I think I'd give the forum a head's-up, because after I apply, they will change their policies.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • Life Long Learning
This university seems more affordable than all the other out there i read that their is no limit of credits transferring.
I want to give a try of this opportunity.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 2 users Like gams007's post:
  • Life Long Learning, sofinel
If you have a BS they waive the 40 GEN EDU Core requirements. Big Grin 

UMPI could be the new Big 4? Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • harrypotter
(09-08-2019, 09:12 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:

They added a BA in Liberal Arts with concentrations in 5 different fields - accounting/ education/ management/ IT/ & project management.

*Also, in their FAQ it says there is no limit on the amount of courses one can transfer into a degree - I have my doubts about this so I’m emailing them.

More information on how the courses work is on their FAQ page: https://www.online.umpi.edu/faqs.aspx

I also read that on the website.  Not the first time a college website and catalog was wrong. 

If you can really transfer in 120 SH of 120 SH that would make them better than the Big 3. Big Grin

I'm wondering if there is a certain number of credits that must be taken through them though.

For example, a University close to my house says on the website for both there in person and online programs "there is no limit to the number of credits you can transfer" as well. However, you must earn 30 credits at this university in order to be graduate with a bachelors degree from that University. Meaning someone could transfer in 120 credits but then would still have to do an additional 30 to graduate. I'm guessing they have to some minimum residency requirement, even the big 3 require 6 credits now (EC will require 6 soon).
[-] The following 3 users Like natshar's post:
  • harrypotter, Life Long Learning, Pikachu
(09-08-2019, 11:15 PM)natshar Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 09:12 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a certain number of credits that must be taken through them though.

For example, a University close to my house says on the website for both there in person and online programs "there is no limit to the number of credits you can transfer" as well. However, you must earn 30 credits at this university in order to be graduate with a bachelors degree from that University. Meaning someone could transfer in 120 credits but then would still have to do an additional 30 to graduate. I'm guessing they have to some minimum residency requirement, even the big 3 require 6 credits now (EC will require 6 soon).

I agree with you.  I find it hard to believe UMPI does not have a 30 SH resident requirement.  Maine colleges tend to be regressive and old.

This is simple just contact the school by phone and ask all this questions so we will be aware is this going to be the next BiG 4..

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(09-08-2019, 11:29 PM)gams007 Wrote: This is simple just contact the school by phone and ask all this questions so we will be aware is this going to be the next BiG 4..

I also will call.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Transfer Credits diaosteve 6 979 06-15-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  WES or WES + each university transcript Kab 1 542 01-22-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: rachel83az