Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Mary Hardin Baylor - Very Flexible Competency-Based Program
University of Mary Hardin Baylor is a Christian university in Texas. The school will be offering a Bachelor of Applied Studies in Organizational Leadership. What makes this program stand out is its openness to large amounts of transfer credits from a wide variety of sources. The tuition will be $3,000 per 6 months.

Quote:WHAT ARE MY TRANSFER OPTIONS?

We believe that the work you’ve completed prior to coming to UMHB is valuable. Therefore, we do not have an expiration date on previous credits, and we work hard to give you credit for the classes and trainings you have completed. We accept prior college credit, examination credits, and professional/corporate training courses that have been evaluated by ACE or National College Credit Recommendation Service. Once you are accepted, you will meet with your Admissions Counselor to review your personal Degree Audit. This document will show you exactly how many credits will transfer and how many competencies you will need to complete in order to finish your degree.

HOW WILL MY TRANSFER CREDITS BE EVALUATED?

New students must submit an official transcript from ALL previously attended colleges and universities. UMHB’s MyWay program accepts transfer college-level course work with a grade of “C” or higher from regionally accredited United States institutions of higher education. Military training will be evaluated using the American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines upon submission of a Joint Services Transcript.

Transfer credit may be applied to degree as deemed appropriate by course age, level, and content. Transfer course equivalencies are determined through the collaborative efforts of the Registrar’s Office, the competency subject matter experts, the MyWay Program Director, and the Provost’s Office on the basis of the applicability of the nature, content, and level of the learning experiences to MyWay Program degree requirements.

https://myway.umhb.edu/faq

UMHB introduces new online degree program - Temple Daily Telegram: News
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
any information about proctored or non proctored?
I went on the website looking for how many credits they take in transfer. I was also looking for a degree outline to see what courses are need to complete. An application is only $30 which isn't bad. I have been searching for friend and Kaplan Open isn't going to pan out. Athabasca definitely did not work. This program just might. Thanks for the resource.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I know this thread is a couple of years old, alright I lied - 3.5 years old. But if people are still looking at the competency based program from this university, they only have a Bachelor of Applied Studies in Organizational Leadership.

A further note is, the only ACE credit providers they will accept is from the combo I recommend - StraighterLine/Study.com, all other ACE providers such as Sophia.org have not been approved yet (like in 3 years! come on now!).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-10-2020, 05:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I know this thread is a couple of years old, alright I lied - 3.5 years old.  But if people are still looking at the competency based program from this university, they only have a Bachelor of Applied Studies in Organizational Leadership.  

A further note is, the only ACE credit providers they will accept is from the combo I recommend - StraighterLine/Study.com, all other ACE providers such as Sophia.org have not been approved yet (like in 3 years! come on now!).

Ok, I tried looking at this, can't find where they only take SL and/or Study.com (they do take ACE/NCCRS though).  Can you link to where you found this info?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yeah, technically they should be accepting ACE/NCCRS credits, but like many colleges/universities it's up to them to accept them or not. What I suggest people to do is to contact the schools that they want to complete a degree from to find out which providers are accepted, and types of credits, transfer limit, etc, just to be extra safe and be prepared to plan out the degree.

There are a few schools in Canada for example that say they accept ACE/NCCRS credits, but when I was helping some people out with their studies, none of the ones actually did accept any (zippo!), I contacted the schools and went up all the way to the dean/director - go figure, I even linked them to their own website saying they accept the credits!

Basically, I was looking up this school for someone and came across this post. The person contacted the school and was informed that they only accept SL/Study.com for now and didn't accept Sophia.org or anything else yet. I also belong to a few boards and forums, below is what another member of a different board/forum had mentioned the same thing as well.

" Just FYI, UMHB does not accept courses from Sophia. I just sent in a pre-approval form and they have decided to limit ACE credits to Straighterline and Study.com for now."
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-11-2020, 01:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, technically they should be accepting ACE/NCCRS credits, but like many colleges/universities it's up to them to accept them or not.  What I suggest people to do is to contact the schools that they want to complete a degree from to find out which providers are accepted, and types of credits, transfer limit, etc, just to be extra safe and be prepared to plan out the degree.

There are a few schools in Canada for example that say they accept ACE/NCCRS credits, but when I was helping some people out with their studies, none of the ones actually did accept any (zippo!), I contacted the schools and went up all the way to the dean/director - go figure, I even linked them to their own website saying they accept the credits!

Basically, I was looking up this school for someone and came across this post.  The person contacted the school and was informed that they only accept SL/Study.com for now and didn't accept Sophia.org or anything else yet.   I also belong to a few boards and forums, below is what another member of a different board/forum had mentioned the same thing as well.

" Just FYI, UMHB does not accept courses from Sophia. I just sent in a pre-approval form and they have decided to limit ACE credits to Straighterline and Study.com for now."

Great, thanks for letting me know.  I just couldn't find it anywhere.

FYI, I've found that many times when a school says they take ACE credit, it's military only.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 248 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,339 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 272 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,695 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 448 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,505 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 654 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 354 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 764 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 85 12,253 01-12-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77