Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Rome Unitelma Sapienza
(04-21-2021, 07:25 PM)raycathode Wrote: Actually, if you do not have the requisite undergrad to pursue the Archaeology courses, they offer three courses at 50 Euro each to get you qualified for the Master's program. I'm really interested in this now. For 50 euro, I'm willing to guinea pig one of the courses and report back how it is. Who's with me? *crickets* Bueller? Bueller?

Really? I didn't notice this. That's cool! What are the 3 courses?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yes Yes! Be the guinea pig! That's an awesome option for a Masters. I've taken so many different subjects for undergrad, Archaeology wasn't one of them though, the closest I took was Anthropology. Anyways...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-21-2021, 07:29 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 07:25 PM)raycathode Wrote: Actually, if you do not have the requisite undergrad to pursue the Archaeology courses, they offer three courses at 50 Euro each to get you qualified for the Master's program. I'm really interested in this now. For 50 euro, I'm willing to guinea pig one of the courses and report back how it is. Who's with me? *crickets* Bueller? Bueller?

Really? I didn't notice this. That's cool! What are the 3 courses?
Greek Archaeology, Hellenistic Art & Archaeology, Roman Archaeology. They evaluate your undergrad education and determine which one or ones they think you need. (All three most likely.)
Here's the page about the entry courses. Includes syllabus
https://www.international.unitelmasapien...ss-masters
Those definitely look like interesting classes. For 66€ (gotta include the stamp tax), they could be fun to take even if you never get the credit. Because who wants to travel to Italy just for a single exam? Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I dont have much knowledge about Italy education system.
(04-22-2021, 03:46 PM)rockyskay Wrote: I dont have much knowledge about Italy education system.

Theres the laurea degree - 180 ects, which is the equivalent of a bachelors. Theres 2 types of masters, regular masters programs of 120 ects and university masters (levels 1 and 2) worth 60 ects.
I was interested in one of the programs, so reached out to them. I will post my questions and their response:

I am interested in the Master’s Degree in Economy, Management, and Innovation. I have a few questions that I hope you can answer for me regarding this program.
1. Would this degree program meet the requirements to enter an Italian doctoral/3rd cycle course of study (or its foreign equivalent)?

2. The page for the Master’s in Classical Archaeology states that exams must be completed in Rome. Is this also true for the Master’s in Economy, Management?

3. If exams must be taken in Rome, are these required annually, at the end of the program of study, or at some other time interval?

Thank You,
Freeloader

And the response:

Thanks for your interest in our University. Find below some details about the course you're interested in.
Master's Degree in Economy, Management and Innovation is provided completely online and enrollments are open throughout the year with no time limit.
The legal duration is 2 years and the title is recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education. This means that they can be recognized internationally, on the basis of the recognition of the CFU/ECTS.
Exams and final thesis have to be done in Rome at the Unitelma headquarter. Right now, due to the covid-19 emergency, until 31.05.2021 the students take exams and thesis remotely.

Seems like a really neat program at a fantastic price. Seems like it would have a very good chance of being favorably evaluated. I could travel to Rome, NY or Rome, GA for my exams. Don’t think I can swing Rome, Italy, however.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 2 users Like freeloader's post:
  • rbat2021, Vle045
https://www.romemaine.com/
(04-22-2021, 09:56 PM)freeloader Wrote: Seems like a really neat program at a fantastic price. Seems like it would have a very good chance of being favorably evaluated. I could travel to Rome, NY or Rome, GA for my exams. Don’t think I can swing Rome, Italy, however.

Rome, GA isn't a picnic of a place t visit, take it from someone who lives here.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • Vle045

College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 2 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • AllThose299s, TINASAM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 190 Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 707 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,852 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,098 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,308 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,635 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 661 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,281 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel