Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of the People MBA for $2450
smf6824 Wrote:I am wondering if we can use this as a tool to make it cheaper to get a degree from a RA grad school. Do we know of any RA grad schools that would possibly accept transfer credit from U of the People, if so how much would they possibly accept?

Typically, master's programs accept between 6 and 12 s.h. in transfer. But here's the kicker: the credits being transferred have to fit the degree program pursued. You could end up taking courses that don't fit or are otherwise unacceptable.

Another: this school is accredited by DEAC. This is legitimate, recognized accreditation, but many regionally accredited schools do not accept credits from schools accredited by national agencies like DEAC.

You might save a few bucks, but you risk wasting a lot of time and money on credits you cannot transfer.

Better to pursue the entire degree from this school. It will come with some limitations, but those might not impact your individual situation, and you can't beat the price.
I think everyone is fascinated with credit laundering. What was the school that would launder 5 courses as their own FHSU?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
There are several RA schools who will accept NA credits or degrees into their grad programs. The reason is because:
They were also NA before they transitioned over to RA and would like more exposure/higher chance of student enrolment.

They are growing their customer base and this is the easiest way to target prospective students, from other nationally accredited institutions, not just the ones from DEAC, as long as it's recognized by DOE or CHEA.

Personally, I don't mind where I start my education, as long as it gets me to my goal. The road to get there is just a fun/different route to get there.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-15-2016, 06:07 PM)BELLA Wrote: The eight pre-requisite courses may be completed at another institution prior to applying to UoPeople or may be taken at UoPeople after being admitted to the MBA program.  The courses do not count toward the MBA degree and must be completed before beginning any MBA coursework.  

The eight prerequisite courses (or their equivalents) are as follows:
BUS 1102 Basic Accounting
BUS 1103 Microeconomics
BUS 1104 Macroeconomics
MATH 1280 Introduction to Statistics
BUS 2201 Principles of Marketing
BUS 2203 Principles of Finance
BUS 4402 Organization Behavior
BUS 4403 Business Policies and Strateg
Where did you find this list?  I can't find it anywhere on their site.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

This thread is two years old so perhaps that information has been removed from the UoPeople website since the time it was posted
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(10-19-2018, 05:15 PM)jsd Wrote: This thread is two years old so perhaps that information has been removed from the UoPeople website since the time it was posted

thanks, I couldn't find it on the website, but thought maybe I missed it.   I'd be thrilled if it wasn't required any more.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 172 Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 700 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,826 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,093 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,292 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,633 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 658 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,279 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel