Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc
Love it Dcan! It looks great!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Very good idea! I like the site.

I edited out what I think was incorrect info on the FEMA credit. It showed Fort Hays and not Frederick CC as the school that grants credit for $77/cr. I also added a little info on the other programs that readily accept FEMA credit.

Reb
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Very good idea! I like the site.

I edited out what I think was incorrect info on the FEMA credit. It showed Fort Hays and not Frederick CC as the school that grants credit for $77/cr. I also added a little info on the other programs that readily accept FEMA credit.

Reb

Oops, good catch. Thanks!

And thanks to everyone else who has commented and helped out. I'm getting degree plans from several people right now and putting them online as well.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Dcan, that is a great idea for your site and it compliments this forum perfectly. If you want I can send you my degree plans so just to show how the colleges used my military credit to fill in the blanks for my degrees.
Good job,
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
CLEP101 Wrote:Dcan, that is a great idea for your site and it compliments this forum perfectly. If you want I can send you my degree plans so just to show how the colleges used my military credit to fill in the blanks for my degrees.
Good job,

Just sent you a PM. I put up the link you sent to the TESC Degree Plans page.

Looking at that page, and building up the site as I go, I'm getting a kind of dizzying excitement that I hadn't felt since I found out about this approach the first time. It's kind of freaky seeing the plans in one place, especially when realizing bricabrac got 4 degrees in 2 years for $10,000! :O

BTW if anyone else wants to submit degree plans, PLEASE DO!
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
dcan Wrote:Just sent you a PM. I put up the link you sent to the TESC Degree Plans page.

Looking at that page, and building up the site as I go, I'm getting a kind of dizzying excitement that I hadn't felt since I found out about this approach the first time. It's kind of freaky seeing the plans in one place, especially when realizing bricabrac got 4 degrees in 2 years for $10,000! :O

BTW if anyone else wants to submit degree plans, PLEASE DO!

Here's the AAS degree plan from Excelsior. I'll add the Bachelors a little later.
Here's the link to Excelsior's Degree Programs
http://www.excelsior.edu/ecapps/degreePr...le.jsf?c=1

My degree specifically below
http://www.excelsior.edu/ecapps/faces/De...ail&id=233

Attached Files
.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">AAS Tech Studies degree plan.xls (Size: 31.5 KB / Downloads: 8)

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

CLEP101 Wrote:Here's the AAS degree plan from Excelsior. I'll add the Bachelors a little later.
Here's the link to Excelsior's Degree Programs
Error: need cookies

My degree specifically below
Excelsior College | Program Details

This is great MSG, without you knowing I've accomplish a lot in a short amount of time thanks to you and others on this board.
I've attached my AAS in Computer Tech and BSLS in Admin/Management from Excelsior College. Now you have to take Capstone courses for both degrees so you can't test out of them completely anymore.

Attached Files
.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">Excelsior AAS and BSLA degree plans.xls (Size: 46 KB / Downloads: 8)

CLEPs Passed
DSSTs Passed

.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">TESC BA in History Degree Plan.xls (Size: 63.5 KB / Downloads: 10)

Here's the degree plan I used when I finished my BA in History at TESC last year. Maybe it'll help someone.

Great job on the Wiki!!! cheersmate
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
IrishJohn Wrote:TESC BA in History Degree Plan.xls

Here's the degree plan I used when I finished my BA in History at TESC last year. Maybe it'll help someone.

Great job on the Wiki!!! cheersmate

I've posted mine for social science, though it wasn't exactly what I did, it is the most direct way to give it a go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have any DegreeForum alumni went on to teach in Japan? leland.kirk 9 3,185 09-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,364 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,274 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,778 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd