Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated degree plan BA CS/Math (+ perhaps BSBA CIS)
Hello, 

I've posted awhile back and have since completed many of Sophia's courses thanks to the help of @bjcheung77. I've recently asked a few questions about if linear algebra from coopersmith is still relevant if my advisor has "planned" and approved via email and also asked if foreign credits will impact the 90 credits limit we can transfer (answer seem to be no, it's independent of each other, so far so good). I'd likely use my leave at work, take the flat fee and gun for 16 credits to avoid the residency waiver. 

1) I also thought I'd post my course plan here to I can get some criticism/better ways to do things and because @bjcheung77 told me to :) Feel free to comment. 

2) My goals are: finish the BA CS/Math > GT OMSCS/other Masters > PhD. (One can hope!). Does anyone know if there's a thesis option in TESU? (is it just the Capstone and is it effective in helping bolster application do you reckon)

Attached are my academic evaluation followed which includes a BSBA CIS degree which bjcheung77 recommended I evaluate. 

Happy holidays and Godspeed everyone!
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

If you take 16cr, then you don't have to pay the residency waiver.

Also, not sure why you'd want to do 2 capstones? Ugh, I didn't love doing 1, you'd have to do a lot to make me do another one - something to do with torture.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-28-2020, 08:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you take 16cr, then you don't have to pay the residency waiver.

Also, not sure why you'd want to do 2 capstones? Ugh, I didn't love doing 1, you'd have to do a lot to make me do another one - something to do with torture.

Thanks for that, wrote that wrongly, fixed! Right, so with BSBA I'll need another capstone instead, not something I can do together like BA CS & Math. Still open to it, but good to know!

With the BA degrees, there is the brand new alternate 6-credit capstone. Instead of just writing a paper, it's something akin to doing an internship at a company. If you want to boost your resume with real world experience, that'd be the way to go.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It seems like someplace on this forum I read that asu earned admissions “brief calculus” Math 210 transferred into Tesu bacs program to fulfill the calculus requirement. Has anyone tested this theory or knows for sure if this works.
Thanks
I didn't like that ASU calculus but you can certainly give it a try. It will transfer in as regular Calculus I, yes. You can check it for yourself here: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Cool. Thanks. Nice tool
(12-29-2020, 07:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: With the BA degrees, there is the brand new alternate 6-credit capstone. Instead of just writing a paper, it's something akin to doing an internship at a company. If you want to boost your resume with real world experience, that'd be the way to go.

Is this the Academic Community Impact (ACI) Program?
(12-29-2020, 10:13 PM)celerius Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 07:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: With the BA degrees, there is the brand new alternate 6-credit capstone. Instead of just writing a paper, it's something akin to doing an internship at a company. If you want to boost your resume with real world experience, that'd be the way to go.

Is this the Academic Community Impact (ACI) Program?

Yes, that's the one. I couldn't remember what it was called when I posted.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

I'm more keen on writing a paper I'd like if there's a way to taper it more towards research actually. How does the capstone assign an instructor, can we pick relevant instructors from the faculty or is it assigned?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 3 101 Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Last Post: abriden
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,213 Yesterday, 09:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,030 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 157 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 914 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 519 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 317 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,057 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 892 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,758 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird