Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates Needed Wiki Degree Plans
I noticed that some updates may be needed to the Wiki degree plans.

Some things I saw:
1. Sophia Spanish added as an option for foreign language and maybe add SDC as well.
2. Does Sophia Financial Management or SDC Finance 101: Principles of Finance work for BUS 325: Financial Management requirement? If not, then these options need to be removed.
3. Could add a note that you could take the Sophia 1cr courses to hit 120 credits perfectly.
4. For English Comp, could add Sophia as an option though issue warning it could take a long time to do there and is better to take at UMPI. Also could add CLEP as an option.
5. Make it more clear about the 24UL requirement for BLS by adding a UL section to the BLS degree plan.  

Is there anything else that needs updating?

One of the Wiki Plans
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Mr T, Pikachu
Go for it, it's open for any one to edit
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(05-25-2022, 12:01 AM)jsd Wrote: Go for it, it's open for any one to edit

I will do the updates to the Wiki once I have a list of the changes needed.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Adding SDC for Spanish is a good idea. Especially for students who want to take the History degree. I remember that there was previously some confusion over whether Spanish II from SDC would be a valid option, because it's listed as being 2 credits and not 3. But at least one person has reported transferring it to UMPI and it fulfilling the requirement for "6 credits" in a foreign language.

ACTFL should also be added/mentioned.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
(05-24-2022, 11:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I noticed that some updates may be needed to the Wiki degree plans.

Some things I saw:
1. Sophia Spanish added as an option for foreign language and maybe add SDC as well.
2. Does Sophia Financial Management or SDC Finance 101: Principles of Finance work for BUS 325: Financial Management requirement? If not, then these options need to be removed.
3. Could add a note that you could take the Sophia 1cr courses to hit 120 credits perfectly.
4. For English Comp, could add Sophia as an option though issue warning it could take a long time to do there and is better to take at UMPI. Also could add CLEP as an option.
5. Make it more clear about the 24UL requirement for BLS by adding a UL section to the BLS degree plan.  

One of the Wiki Plans

2. Sophia does NOT transfer for BUS325. 
Nothing on Study transfers for BUS325.

4. Eng Comp 2 does NOT have a CLEP available.
Jessica is checking with the Umpi transfer office for approval of this test out for Eng 121. I will report back on the outcome.
https://www.getcollegecredit.com/wp-cont...g-Comp.pdf
Just a note, all degree plans at UMPI are going to be different with their requirements. BA, BABA. BAS and BLS are the major ones I think a basic plan will be needed (mainly for the general education area will be the similar). There should be "notes" at the bottom of the plan page indicating the requirements, such as the BAS requires 18 UL credits in total, the BLS requires 24 UL credits outside the minor, etc.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • LevelUP
(05-25-2022, 11:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just a note, all degree plans at UMPI are going to be different with their requirements.  BA, BABA. BAS and BLS are the major ones I think a basic plan will be needed (mainly for the general education area will be the similar).  There should be "notes" at the bottom of the plan page indicating the requirements, such as the BAS requires 18 UL credits in total, the BLS requires 24 UL credits outside the minor, etc.

The BAS also requires 40 technical credits.
Lots of updates done and some new degree plans added:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

Let me know if you find any errors or see anything else that needs to be added.
(05-25-2022, 10:01 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 11:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I noticed that some updates may be needed to the Wiki degree plans.

Some things I saw:

One of the Wiki Plans

2. Sophia does NOT transfer for BUS325. 
Nothing on Study transfers for BUS325.

4. Eng Comp 2 does NOT have a CLEP available.
He was saying that the BUS325 needs to be removed. It's outdated and inaccurate, yes. He was advising of its removal. No need to yell lol.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 270 Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 362 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  First post, political science class guidance needed Daniel14 6 199 03-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: wildebeest
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 205 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 3,285 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  Help with getting a degree ASAP Talia99 3 283 02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 562 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Does spain/EU accept UMPI degree? Solden81 4 428 02-21-2024, 08:30 PM
  Master's program at UMPI with an existing UoPeople BS-CS degree ecdw94 29 2,395 02-20-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  UMPI Degree Help - Bachelor of Applied Science hicham78h 13 498 02-20-2024, 04:23 AM