Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Division Business Credits for Excelsior?
Photo 
Hi all,

I signed up on this site to be able to test out of as many classes as possible so that I can finish my degree with the lowest cost in the shortest time that makes sense.

I started off this journey with about 51 credits, which came from a year of college 9 years ago when I didn't know any better than to go along with it without a plan for how I was going to pay for it. I also have credits from Advanced placement tests, and some vocational classes I've taken in the meantime.

I just finished my first semester at Excelsior, and I'm getting more motivated now to knock down these requirements and get it all taken care of. 

One challenge that I'm looking at is the number of upper level business classes that I am required to take for the degree. The Strategic Management Capstone seems to be the only one that is absolutely required to be taken at Excelsior, yet I don't see where I would be able to get the other eligible Upper level business requirements from. 

Does anyone have any experience getting Upper Level business class requirements taken care of outside of Excelsior? Saylor, Straighteredge, CLEP, Study.com? 

Your help is appreciated,
Thanks.

I've attached a screenshot of my Excelsior planner which shows the requirements I have to meet to graduate. 

Attached Files
.png   requirements for college.png (Size: 269.36 KB / Downloads: 34)
The only one of those mentioned that EC will bring in as UL credit is Study.com. Davar Academy also has UL credits if you want a test-only option. UExcel's also have UL credit (and those are EC's own exams).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Great. I just emailed my advisor to see which ones he recommends I take. I also recall seeing around here somewhere a $50 coupon for Study.com, and I believe most people try to get their 2 courses done within a month. So I'll make sure to implement that when I can get it all done in the right timeframe. 

Other than that, I've got like 10 classes I'll either do through Saylor or a Clep test. 

Looking forward to knocking off another 21-30 credits in the upcoming semester. Woo hoo.
Just an FYI, I don't think they will say "you can take XYZ course from Study.com." Instead, you would have to ask "does XYZ course from Study.com fulfill the requirement for this degree?"

Their job is not to tell you where you can go find courses somewhere else! Their job is to try to get you to take courses through them, so they probably won't be volunteering info to help you get your credits elsewhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TheMaskedMutant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelors of Science in Business BigJohn1975 8 305 03-26-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 411 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Transfer 113 to BS in Business (General Business Concentration) mcvjones 3 272 03-15-2024, 03:15 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 4 511 01-30-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,586 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,648 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Working towards BPS Business GameSlinger 17 2,064 08-09-2023, 12:05 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,319 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,173 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab