Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level BALS options for TESU
I had one final exam left to take on study.com  to complete my BALS at TESU. I had submitted all of my papers and quizzes for History 308 - Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War when I went to take the proctored exam and received the message that I have taken my maximum of 5 exams already this month. What are your suggestions for other upper level courses I could take in place of this to hopefully finish up by the TESU July 1st deadline? It would obviously need to be outside of study.com. 
Here the other upper levels I have taken:
History 306 - The American Civil War 
Psychology 301 - Industrial and Organizational 
Psychology 312 - History and Systems of Psychology
Psychology 310 - Psychology of Personality
Thank You!
(06-12-2019, 11:34 PM)SRES Wrote: I had one final exam left to take on study.com  to complete my BALS at TESU. I had submitted all of my papers and quizzes for History 308 - Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War when I went to take the proctored exam and received the message that I have taken my maximum of 5 exams already this month. What are your suggestions for other upper level courses I could take in place of this to hopefully finish up by the TESU July 1st deadline? It would obviously need to be outside of study.com. 
Thank You!

Substance Abuse DSST test. Do you need to in complete and in your degree plan by July 1st? That's kind of tight considering TESU usually takes at least a week or two to put everything into your degree after they receive your transcripts which also can take a week or two. Even if you took the test today it still might not take in time for July 1st.

Also, just so you know the 5 exams a month isn't by month (as in the 1st of every month) it's by when your billing cycle is set up so for example my exams cycle on the 16th of every month. I'd check yours because if it is in a few days you might as while do the final since you did the rest of the work.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • Muldoon, SRES
You don't have to finish all of your courses by the July 1 deadline (I'm assuming this is the deadline to apply for graduation?). You can apply now, and send in the course when you finish it.

If it's some other deadline I'm unaware of, that would be helpful to know.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • SRES
(06-13-2019, 03:27 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You don't have to finish all of your courses by the July 1 deadline (I'm assuming this is the deadline to apply for graduation?).  You can apply now, and send in the course when you finish it.

If it's some other deadline I'm unaware of, that would be helpful to know.

Yes, July 1st is the deadline to apply for graduation in September which is my goal. That would be fantastic news if I am understanding you correctly that not everything has to be complete by July 1st. I'm a little confused though because from what I read on the TESU website, it says for the September graduation, the "Deadline to Submit Application, Fees and Official Transcripts" is July 1st. I took this to mean all of my classes had to be complete no later than July 1st. Is that incorrect? Here is a link:

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

(06-12-2019, 11:50 PM)natshar Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 11:34 PM)SRES Wrote: I had one final exam left to take on study.com  to complete my BALS at TESU. I had submitted all of my papers and quizzes for History 308 - Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War when I went to take the proctored exam and received the message that I have taken my maximum of 5 exams already this month. What are your suggestions for other upper level courses I could take in place of this to hopefully finish up by the TESU July 1st deadline? It would obviously need to be outside of study.com. 
Thank You!

Substance Abuse DSST test. Do you need to in complete and in your degree plan by July 1st? That's kind of tight considering TESU usually takes at least a week or two to put everything into your degree after they receive your transcripts which also can take a week or two. Even if you took the test today it still might not take in time for July 1st.

Also, just so you know the 5 exams a month isn't by month (as in the 1st of every month) it's by when your billing cycle is set up so for example my exams cycle on the 16th of every month. I'd check yours because if it is in a few days you might as while do the final since you did the rest of the work.

Thank for for that DSST suggestion! 

My goal is to graduate in September. I was under the impression that to be eligible for graduation in September, all of my classes had to be turned in to TESU by July 1st.

Thank you for the exam info for study.com. According to study.com, I won't be able to take another exam for 19 days which puts me out past July 1st.
I applied for my graduation on March 28th, for the April 1st deadline, and my Capstone didn't finish until April 28th. I was still transferring in credits from Study, as well. I had people in my Capstone cohort that I assume had some sort of waiver for medical, etc., and they were still working on the Capstone in May, and still made graduation.

Oh, and my Diploma comes this week. Smile
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • SRES
(06-13-2019, 08:31 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: I applied for my graduation on March 28th, for the April 1st deadline, and my Capstone didn't finish until April 28th.  I was still transferring in credits from Study, as well.  I had people in my Capstone cohort that I assume had some sort of waiver for medical, etc., and they were still working on the Capstone in May, and still made graduation.

Oh, and my Diploma comes this week.  Smile

That's great news. Thanks for the info and congrats on graduation!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SRES's post:
  • ChilliDawg
I applied for graduation before my capstone ended as well, and still transferred courses in for about a month.

July 1 is the deadline to APPLY, but you have a little leeway to get your courses completed and sent in. I think they do an audit around July 31, on into mid-August.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • studiousimp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 671 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  One SDC course, 6 sh Upper Level in Philosophy Jonathan Whatley 31 2,064 09-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,382 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Upper-level writing & economics ? StoicJ 3 779 03-07-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: stickymoaning
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,203 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,232 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI