Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Comp Sci Courses at TESU needed
I need 3 upper level comp sci courses for 9 credits for use at TESU.

I see that

Cybersecurity for Business Professionals (Cyber 301) is 2 credits   TEEX

I saw that 

CIS-320: System Analysis & Design I SDC is 3 credits  but I dont know what SDC is...or where I can take that cheaply and easily...

I have already done Management Information Systems, so please don't recommend that...

Any cheap and easier courses for the average person would be highly appreciated....

Thank you
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
(04-23-2021, 01:24 AM)creationstory Wrote: I need 3 upper level comp sci courses for 9 credits for use at TESU.

I see that

I saw that 

CIS-320: System Analysis & Design I SDC is 3 credits  but I dont know what SDC is...or where I can take that cheaply and easily...

I have already done Management Information Systems, so please don't recommend that...

Any cheap and easier courses for the average person would be highly appreciated....

Thank you
    This is a great page for info on CIS transferring into TESU too. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
    SDC = Study.com and they are some of the cheapest and best courses available. The two courses below along with the one you listed above will work.  My sons have these already listed/working on their degree plan.  (All they have left is the Capstone.)  You need to check with someone else if the TEEX credits work?  This is the link for SDC courses that transfer into TESU.  https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html  (very bottom.)  There are not a lot of options for UL CIS, but I am thankful for the ones we have.

Computer Science 303: Database Management
  • CIS-311 Database Management
  • 3 upper

• Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising
  • MAR-441 Marketing with Digital and Social Media

Digital marketing does NOT work for computer science. It works for CIS (computer information systems) but not computer science. TEEX is not upper level and, even for LL credit, TESU hasn't really been accepting of these particular credits lately.

For Computer Science, there are suggestions here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan There are also a couple of Microsoft exams that should work for a CS degree (this has not been confirmed): https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Microsoft_Exams AZ-104, MS-700, and AI-900 should all work for a CS degree. But, again, this has not been tested yet.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I guess misunderstood because he did not list his degree, but my info was correct. I thought he was asking about CIS courses since the two courses he listed were for CIS except for the TEEX courses. I stated that the courses I listed were CIS courses, and the link went to CIS courses too. His other courses listed under his signature also seem to indicate a BSBA with Computer Information Systems which is the same as my sons.
(04-23-2021, 06:02 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I guess misunderstood because he did not list his degree, but my info was correct.  I thought he was asking about CIS courses since the two courses he listed were for CIS except for the TEEX courses. I stated that the courses I listed were CIS courses, and the link went to CIS courses too.  His other courses listed under his signature also seem to indicate a BSBA with Computer Information Systems which is the same as my sons.

Yeah, the course coding at TESU can be confusing. For the CS degree, they allow CIS, COS and CMP prefixed classes. 

Digital Marketing has a MAR prefix and is only allowed for the CIS degree because CIS is a business degree and that's a computer-related business class.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44
So I've been seeing lately that TESU isn't accepting TEEX courses. I tested this out sending them the Credly transcript with two of the cyber courses. They took them just fine. So it makes me wonder if someone made a mistake at TESU.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I see this a lot on these new threads.  I have a problem but I'm not going to tell you what it is.  So I'll just give you a hint so you can make wild guesses, that's the game.

For example please tell me how X+Y=96???
Answer:  "Well how about 56+40?"  NO, NO, NO, I need X to be less than 30!
Answer:  "Well how about 29+67?"  Nah, I hate odd numbers!

Why not just tell us these things beforehand?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Dorothy44
(04-23-2021, 06:51 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: So I've been seeing lately that TESU isn't accepting TEEX courses. I tested this out sending them the Credly transcript with two of the cyber courses. They took them just fine. So it makes me wonder if someone made a mistake at TESU.

I just noticed that my TEEX classes got added to Credly. Not that I need more LL credit, but I'm going to see what happens when I send in a Credly transcript now. I'm going to finish the new classes at Sophia first, though.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44
(04-23-2021, 01:24 AM)creationstory Wrote: I need 3 upper level comp sci courses for 9 credits for use at TESU.

I see that

I saw that 

Thank you

It's unclear where/when you took MIS, which may or may not be UL.  If it's not, you can retake it for UL credit somewhere (Study.com, Davar)

The Network Tech TECEP exam should also work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 307 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 426 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az