Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Credits/DAU Courses
I have completed and submitted the following Upper Level Courses to Excelsior and this is what they came back evaluated as:
ACQ 160 - Program Protection Planning Awareness (DAU 298) - 2 UL Project Management
CMC 100 - Contract Administration Fundaments (DAU 0288) - 1 UL Contract Management
CON 100 - Shaping Smart Business Arrangements (DAU 0145) 2 UL Public Management
CON 200 - Business Decisions for Contracting (DAU 0252) - 2 UL Material Management
PMT 355 - Program Management Office Course, Part A (DAU 275) - 3 UL Operations Management
RQM 110 - Core Concepts for Requirements Management (DAU 0256) - 1 UL Acquisition Management

The following I submitted but they did not put on my evaluation, it may be that I already have statistics:
CMQ 230 and CMQ 232 - Contrl Graphics and Charting/Creation and Eval of Quality Control - 3 UL Quality Managment or Statistics
[-] The following 1 user Likes sava60's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
(06-03-2020, 10:11 AM)sava60 Wrote: I have completed and submitted the following Upper Level Courses to Excelsior and this is what they came back evaluated as:
ACQ 160 - Program Protection Planning Awareness (DAU 298) - 2 UL Project Management
CMC 100 - Contract Administration Fundaments (DAU 0288) - 1 UL Contract Management
CON 100 - Shaping Smart Business Arrangements (DAU 0145) 2 UL Public Management
CON 200 - Business Decisions for Contracting (DAU 0252) - 2 UL Material Management
PMT 355 - Program Management Office Course, Part A (DAU 275) - 3 UL Operations Management
RQM 110 - Core Concepts for Requirements Management (DAU 0256) - 1 UL Acquisition Management

The following I submitted but they did not put on my evaluation, it may be that I already have statistics:
CMQ 230 and CMQ 232 - Contrl Graphics and Charting/Creation and Eval of Quality Control - 3 UL Quality Managment or Statistics

FWIW, if they don't offer you credit for the last two, you may be able to get your advisor to add them to your transcript "below the line", meaning, not part of your degree program but still recorded on your official transcript.  Just makes it easier for you to put everything before a potential employer.
Thank you. I will contact an advisor. 
I wanted to make sure people on this forum has another avenue to earn free credit. The format is similar to Sophia in that you have three chances to get an 80% passing score on each module. The test are not timed. Each course has a different number of modules. Some of the information maybe easier to understand if you are familiar with Department of Defense procedures. I have no experience but was able to get the courses.
I hope this helps someone looking for upper Level credit courses. They offer Lower Level courses also I just dont need any lower level credit.
Thanks again to this forum for helping me work on my degree.
Don't you need to he affiliated with the federal government to take courses from DAU?
(06-04-2020, 06:30 AM)ctcarl Wrote: Don't you need to he affiliated with the federal government to take courses from DAU?

They seem to be fairly generous with this.  I am a public school teacher and when I registered, I described how I have the sons and daughters of soldiers in my classes and they allowed me to register.
(06-04-2020, 12:23 PM)eriehiker Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 06:30 AM)ctcarl Wrote: Don't you need to he affiliated with the federal government to take courses from DAU?

They seem to be fairly generous with this.  I am a public school teacher and when I registered, I described how I have the sons and daughters of soldiers in my classes and they allowed me to register.

So the registration is an open format of some kind?  They give you a free-form space to explain why you qualify?
Just an FYI for civilians wanting to "game" this for free credit - one word - don't... Essentially, DAU is the Defense Acquisition University, when you sign into the website, it popups up with a warning message mentioning you're entering a USG (US Gov website). Further to that site message, it indicates they intercept and monitor everything.

So, in any case, unless you are authorized to take courses from DAU, you won't be getting access to their courses without that authorization. If you're active duty/vet, I assume you already have access to this... and if you don't, I suggest getting on these as they're very do-able! The Big 3 (all 3) will accept these as LL & UL credit.

And here's their Virtual Campus/Login site: https://identity.dau.edu/EmpowerIDWebIdP...tualCampus
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-04-2020, 01:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just an FYI for civilians wanting to "game" this for free credit - one word - don't...  Essentially, DAU is the Defense Acquisition University, when you sign into the website, it popups up with a warning message mentioning you're entering a USG (US Gov website).  Further to that site message, it indicates they intercept and monitor everything.  

So, in any case, unless you are authorized to take courses from DAU, you won't be getting access to their courses without that authorization.  If you're active duty/vet, I assume you already have access to this... and if you don't, I suggest getting on these as they're very do-able!  The Big 3 (all 3) will accept these as LL & UL credit.

And here's their Virtual Campus/Login site: https://identity.dau.edu/EmpowerIDWebIdP...tualCampus

I am a civilian. Never have been and don't plan to be in the military in the future.

Months ago, I signed up for an account and got approved. But I never took any courses because I was afraid of what would happen. I read the fine print and it said you could get in trouble and lose your credits if you aren't actually authorized. I got a login and everything but I'm too scared to login because I don't want to get in trouble or be tracked.
(06-04-2020, 01:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just an FYI for civilians wanting to "game" this for free credit - one word - don't...  Essentially, DAU is the Defense Acquisition University, when you sign into the website, it popups up with a warning message mentioning you're entering a USG (US Gov website).  Further to that site message, it indicates they intercept and monitor everything.  

So, in any case, unless you are authorized to take courses from DAU, you won't be getting access to their courses without that authorization.  If you're active duty/vet, I assume you already have access to this... and if you don't, I suggest getting on these as they're very do-able!  The Big 3 (all 3) will accept these as LL & UL credit.

If vets can enroll, I'm interested. Does COSC accept them? I didn't see that on the site.
Nice to have you back, BJ! Sabbatical over?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 4 508 01-30-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,170 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  upper level business credits at EC MCJ 10 3,067 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: MCJ
  Would not accept any Sophia courses BigJohn1975 4 1,362 02-21-2023, 01:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  EU Business Degree Courses NBM123 5 1,126 09-16-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: new2this
  Advisor said no but transferred credits anyway... frankc 5 1,095 07-23-2022, 07:30 AM
Last Post: TheVilified
  Upper Level question Jennr2z 7 1,520 06-13-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SDC computer courses UL requirement? homeschoolmom1 7 1,276 06-09-2022, 09:59 AM
Last Post: dfrecore