Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE?
(09-09-2017, 09:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Actually, Study.com has a lot of UL courses, if you count NCCRS (although I don't know what EC considers Gen Ed):

ACC 303: Cost Accounting (ACE & NCCRS)
BUS 209: Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace (NCCRS)
BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior (ACE & NCCRS)
BUS 308: Globalization and International Management (ACE & NCCRS)
BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management (ACE & NCCRS)
BUS 314: Employment Law (NCCRS)
BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ACE)
HOSP 301: Hospitality Marketing (ACE)
ENGL 305: Advanced Technical Writing (ACE & NCCRS)
SCI 102: Principles of Physical Science (NCCRS)
EDU 103: Classroom Management (NCCRS)
EDU 104: Differentiated Instruction (NCCRS)
EDU 105: Special Education History & Law (NCCRS)
HIS 306: The American Civil War Era (ACE & NCCRS)
HIS 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War
NURS 301: Nursing Informatics (NCCRS)

Thanks a ton!!!  I actually think only a few of these will be acceptable for general arts/ sciences credits.  But, I'm super curious about that SCI 102: Principles of Physical Science course.  On Study.com's transfer page, they show it transferring to Excelsior as a lower-level credit.  But, NCCRS says it's an upper-level course.  I know that TESU always goes with the higher level, but I'm curious to know who wins with Excelsior.  I might shoot an email over to Study.com to see if they have an answer.  

Again, I appreciate all the input!
FYI - From the Study.com TESU Transfer tab - Science 102: Principles of Physical Science transfers as NAS-131 : Physical Science I
It all depends on the school and what they want to do with the course and how it transfers, the ACE/NCCRS recommendation isn't always followed and this is TESU's LL, I would expect the same from a "principles" of anything, they should be like an "introduction" to whatever the course is... You can try to "argue" with the school, but if both are treating it as LL... I guess it'll be LL even though NCCRS or ACE recommending as UL.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-09-2017, 11:31 AM)Silly_Me Wrote: Thank you! As always, you're a wealth of information. Smile And, you're right. Excelsior doesn't make it easy, do they? God bless TESU & their super helpful equivalency charts (and the folks on this board, of course)!

Keep in mind it's not in Excelsior's financial interest to tell you how to avoid paying tuition. But, if you click through the specific exams or courses, at the bottom of each will say LL or UL. They follow ACE, so no reason to think they won't honor a specific UL course.
NCCRS has some funky evaluations. While COSC normally follows ACE recommendations, they do not follow NCCRS recommendations for UL credit when it comes to Davar Academy. Physical science is almost always a LL course. Evaluating it as UL, especially at Study.com, is ridiculous.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Goggle

Excelsior College "Using Exams to Complete Your Excelsior College Degree" (2013 version) is still what I use. Its 44-pages and lists CLEP and DSST.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 2 users Like Life Long Learning's post:
  • cookderosa, dfrecore
(09-10-2017, 09:08 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Goggle

Excelsior College "Using Exams to Complete Your Excelsior College Degree" (2013 version) is still what I use.  Its 44-pages and lists CLEP and DSST.

I just downloaded it and put it with my "college stuff" folder.  I don't know why they don't have this on their website anymore, but at least this is a start.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-10-2017, 11:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 09:08 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Goggle

Excelsior College "Using Exams to Complete Your Excelsior College Degree" (2013 version) is still what I use.  Its 44-pages and lists CLEP and DSST.

I just downloaded it and put it with my "college stuff" folder.  I don't know why they don't have this on their website anymore, but at least this is a start.

I wish that also.  I wish they would come out with a 2018 version!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • cookderosa
(09-09-2017, 10:46 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
Excelsior College counted these two DSST as UL in my last review (3/2017) as UL Gen Ed:

DSST Soviet Union (not sure this is still given as an exam)
DSST Civil War

These are both still UL exams (per ACE), along with Vietnam - so good options if you like history.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(09-11-2017, 09:40 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 10:46 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
Excelsior College counted these two DSST as UL in my last review (3/2017) as UL Gen Ed:

DSST Soviet Union (not sure this is still given as an exam)
DSST Civil War

These are both still UL exams (per ACE), along with Vietnam - so good options if you like history.

I think I'm actually going to take the two upper-level history courses at Study.com - Vietnam & Civil War.  I already did the two lower-level courses.  I don't suppose they duplicate each other, do they?  I certainly hope I can get credit for both - and quick credit, too, as I've already watched many of the videos & taken the quizzes for the lower-level courses.
(09-09-2017, 10:10 AM)Silly_Me Wrote: Do you guys happen to know if Excelsior accepts *any* ACE credits as upper-level?  I've searched high and low for information, and I've surmised that Excelsior is pretty stingy about awarding upper-level credits for ACE courses.  If you guys know of any good options, I'd sure appreciate the specific courses & providers.  

Thanks a ton for the help!

You could of course pay the  $80 to enroll and have straight up advice from the advisors and have them apply it to your MAP as approved exam, They are now following ACE
https://info.excelsior.edu/student-polic...zed-tests/
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,220 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,058 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,059 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,855 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,577 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM