Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent college credits
You have options: 1) TESU: Complete CSMLearn if you need math and afraid of that subject, InstantCertCredit if you need American Government, CLEP/Sophia.org for the bulk of your lower level. You can use ACTFL/Study.com for the Upper Level requirements. 2) UMPI: Pretty much the exact steps for up to 90 credits, but the 30 credit requirements will need to be completed at UMPI.

Here is the kicker, from reading through your "older posts and posts from the last two days", you've been taking your time with credits over the years. That signifies to me, the UMPI may not be your best option, as "life happens" and other commitments have been taking up your energy/time, the momentum isn't there to finish UMPI degrees in 1 or 2, even 3 terms. If you hit 4 terms, the cost/energy/speed to finish is exactly the same as TESU.

You can try to have the "credits banked at TESU" as you did before, but I would get in contact with them first. Review my last post which you quoted. ACTFL/ACE/CLEP is not recognized by CHEA/USDOE, they're not "institutions or schools". You really need to contact your employer or team that's evaluating your credentials and credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-05-2021, 10:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You have options: 1) TESU: Complete CSMLearn if you need math and afraid of that subject, InstantCertCredit if you need American Government, CLEP/Sophia.org for the bulk of your lower level.  You can use ACTFL/Study.com for the Upper Level requirements.  2) UMPI: Pretty much the exact steps for up to 90 credits, but the 30 credit requirements will need to be completed at UMPI.

Here is the kicker, from reading through your "older posts and posts from the last two days", you've been taking your time with credits over the years.  That signifies to me, the UMPI may not be your best option, as "life happens" and other commitments have been taking up your energy/time, the momentum isn't there to finish UMPI degrees in 1 or 2, even 3 terms.  If you hit 4 terms, the cost/energy/speed to finish is exactly the same as TESU.

You can try to have the "credits banked at TESU" as you did before, but I would get in contact with them first.  Review my last post which you quoted.  ACTFL/ACE/CLEP is not recognized by CHEA/USDOE, they're not "institutions or schools".  You really need to contact your employer or team that's evaluating your credentials and credits.
I will call tomorrow and ask the certification place to see what would satisfy the credits that I need. The reason that through the years I have taken the time with credits is that I wasn’t really committed to get a degree before.I was petty content with my position. I want to in the future teach Spanish and move away from Special Education. The UMPI BLS education studies minor is perfect fit for my next career move. I now just need to map my credits in Sophia learning and Spanish Clep. If you have suggestions for credits I will appreciate it 
Spanish Clep 
Sophia Learning 
Instantcert for American government 
Study.com for Math ?  Can you tell me what else to take in Study.com 

Thank you for all your input and time.
Don't do math at SDC. Do math at Sophia. Much easier.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-05-2021, 11:19 AM)VAG8088 Wrote: I will call tomorrow and ask the certification place to see what would satisfy the credits that I need. The reason that through the years I have taken the time with credits is that I wasn’t really committed to get a degree before.I was petty content with my position. I want to in the future teach Spanish and move away from Special Education. The UMPI BLS education studies minor is perfect fit for my next career move. I now just need to map my credits in Sophia learning and Spanish Clep. If you have suggestions for credits I will appreciate it 
Spanish Clep 
Sophia Learning 
Instantcert for American government 
Study.com for Math ?  Can you tell me what else to take in Study.com 

Thank you for all your input and time.

Spanish on InstantCert maybe easier than trying to deal with CLEP. Finding an open CLEP testing center is still challenging across the nation. They have online exams now but there have been issues with them based on posters here.

You want your math from Sophia - College Algebra and Introduction to Statistics. On Study you want to take Introduction to Biology with Lab unless you have a lab science already.

I'd see how you do with classes on Sophia before 100% going for UMPI. UMPI is CBE so you're all on your own without and schedules or deadlines. I say this as someone who has graduated from UMPI. I never thought I would be up for a CBE program until I tried Sophia and learned to make my own schedule and sticking to it.
If you want a quick eval, TESU is a terrible option, they take the longest. I'd do EC or COSC, they're fast (like a couple of days).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 192 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 981 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 180 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,177 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,881 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 628 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 595 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,080 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 854 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM