Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Teachers: $21 Graduate Credits
The Utah State Board of Education has created a nice collection of courses that transcript as graduate credit through Southern Utah University.  The program is intended for certified Utah teachers.

https://www.uen.org/development/usoe/
[-] The following 4 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • BAin2012, cookderosa, dfrecore, teacher2
Even though the requirements are clearly written:

Utah teachers on SAEP (State Approved Endorsement Plan) in English (that is, already teaching an SECONDARY English course with two years to complete requirements);
Licensed Utah teachers seeking an English endorsement who need the course to fulfill a requirement;
Licensed Utah teachers with an English endorsement and already teaching in a Utah school.
All courses will begin on January 11, 2018 and be completed by April 4, 2018.

I wonder if like VESI credits, they are pretty casual about checking the details. The price point is Awesome!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(02-24-2018, 03:43 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Even though the requirements are clearly written:

Utah teachers on SAEP (State Approved Endorsement Plan) in English (that is, already teaching an SECONDARY English course with two years to complete requirements);
Licensed Utah teachers seeking an English endorsement who need the course to fulfill a requirement;
Licensed Utah teachers with an English endorsement and already teaching in a Utah school.
All courses will begin on January 11, 2018 and be completed by April 4, 2018.

I wonder if like VESI credits, they are pretty casual about checking the details. The price point is Awesome!

These seem *pretty specific* and if I had to guess, they are probably getting some type of funding /grant that makes these only $21 and why for UT teachers.
I know. I kind of thought twice about posting the link, but then I said, what the hey. I did notice that several online classes had been canceled for lack of participation. I also noticed that several of the classes are 500 spot MOOC's with many, many spots available. Of course, there are also a bunch of waitlisted classes, so the ethics of the situation might not be the same from one to the next.
(02-24-2018, 10:38 AM)eriehiker Wrote: The Utah State Board of Education has created a nice collection of courses that transcript as graduate credit through Southern Utah University.  The program is intended for certified Utah teachers.

https://www.uen.org/development/usoe/

Did you happen to do any of these Utah courses?

Also eriehiker, do you have a list going somewhere of places to get low cost graduate credits? I recall seeing other posts from you about North and South Dakota. Any other places?
BAin2012!

I am going to put together a list for the teachers in my district. I'll post it someplace when I put it together.

I signed up for the MOOC classes. I have not done anything with them yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • BAin2012
I have just completed seven of these courses and I think that they are fantastic from a learning perspective. U.S. History #2 is just a great class. It uses the textbook from the Annenberg Learner series. The class is a lot of writing. There are two research papers that are in the three to five page range and I was probably writing 8 to 10 pages per week for the regular assignments. It is a 12 week class. I completed the General Financial Literacy Methods and Resources class. Basically, the instructor provides ten to fifteen economics/financial literacy resources. Students review the material, research how it connects to state standards and then write lesson/unit plans related to the sources. This is much less writing, but still a steady amount of work. The Fine Arts Orientation and Fine Arts Implementation classes are really nice reviews of national and state standards related to arts education. This one includes a series of assignments and discussions. Also, there are a couple of projects. I took a digital portfolio class that takes a student through several digital portfolio platforms like Portfolium. It was interesting and not a lot of work. I also completed Magnifying 6th Grade Math and Magnifying 8th Grade Math.

Many of the classes have real instructors and they are very responsive. Other classes are MOOCs and basically run by themselves. The classes are $21 or $23 per graduate credit hour. The only issue is that the credits are in IELP, which I think directly stands for Intensive English Language Program even though these classes mostly don't have anything to do with English language instruction.

This is a nice program.

Here is how the first four of my credits posted at Southern Utah University:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y4vTar8j7FtoRtxk9

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,132 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 885 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,173 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,467 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Strategies to aquire 18 credits and teach jb111 5 389 02-05-2024, 02:00 AM
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,614 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,540 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM