Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VA Tech
I am so sad for the families of all of those people that were killed today. I can't imagine sending my precious children off the college and have such a senseless and horrble thing happen to them. How do you ever recover from the loss of a child?

If only they had some type of siren/PA system to alert them to go into lockdown. Since Columbine many high schools have this - even grammar and middle schools. Both of my daughters have lockdown procedures in place at their middle and high schools.
LuBee
I finshed all of my credits for a BA in Art from TESC
CLEP Credits:
[SIZE="1"]6 Biology (67)
3 US Hist 1 (67)
6 SS & Hist (68)
3 US Hist 2 (66)
3 Amer Gov (67)
6 Amer Lit (73)
6 Hum (73)
3 Ed Psy (71)
3 H G & D (70)
3 Intro Psy (74)
3 Intro to Soc (75)
6 College Math (68)
6 A & I Lit (72)
[/SIZE]DSST:
[SIZE="1"]3 Intro Computing (65)
3 Here's to Your Health (64)[/SIZE]
Other Credits:
[SIZE="1"]3 PLA Painting 1
3 TECEP Psy of Women (78/100)
3 TECEP Art Hist 2 (81/100)
3 Dept Exam English 1
45 Traditional[/SIZE]
When I heard about this it made me sick at my stomach. As a parent who has sent 2 children off to college and will send another one this fall I would like to think that it is safe. But it seems that no college is safe. Just last weekend a student was killed at the college one of my children attend. I agree, I don't know how you ever get over the loss of a child.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
I agree....it's awful! I can't imagine what these families are going through. The whole thing is a terrible tragedy.

Honestly.....I am very grateful for the opportunity to get my degree via the distance ed. approach. Besides the flexibility aspect, it's flat out physically safer. I wonder if events like this will cause a rise in the distance ed. movement.
[SIZE="3"]Our thoughts & prayers to our fellow students, their parents and family. Sad [/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
It's such a sad story and I was shocked to learn that the Killer was a student.

Our prayers goes to the family and friends
Just arrived back to Washington state. Airline paid for rooms, taxis to other airports, etc. but it still took over two days. The shooting occurred a couple of hours before we were due to fly out of Virginia, where we were visiting our son for a week. Several flights were cancelled (pilots released to be with family) and many people shuffled in order to get family members in/out. A nightmare for so many. One of our nephews and one of our nieces just graduated recently from there. Anyway, sorry for the ramble. Think I'm still in shock.

Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for the family, friends and students also. My heart is with you.
Kate
BS Psychology
I think this can be a big wakeup call. We here in America need to change our family values and the way we are running things. Taking God out of the schools/government/state is leading us down a bad path. Look at our culture. I think we are slipping down the wrong road and the majority of the people don't see it. Its a sad week. :o Columbine in 99 and now this. Instead of pointing finger, maybe we need to take a step back and look at the big picture.
Houston, Texas
B.S. - Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Casey1300 Wrote:IWe here in America need to change our family values and the way we are running things. Taking God out of the schools/government/state is leading us down a bad path. Look at our culture. I think we are slipping down the wrong road and the majority of the people don't see it..

Hear, hear! I agree! If there is no God--no authority higher than humans--then there really is no standard of right and wrong. Everybody can just make up their own human standard and the strongest wins. This kind of thinking has already gotten our country into deep trouble and will continue to do so until we acknowledge and obey the God Who sets the standard.
Amen to that
Without God people Perish!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faced with a desperate skills shortage, tech leaders plead for CS reform in schools MNomadic 5 721 07-19-2022, 06:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  I need some tech support Vle045 5 836 08-20-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Programming/tech books at Humble Bundle rachel83az 0 755 08-20-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  where's a good place to relocate if you're in tech ? nyvrem 9 2,016 03-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Last Post: alab21
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 2,404 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Study of Georgia Tech OMSCS shows solid success davewill 2 1,539 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Here come the tech students! davewill 17 3,915 12-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Ultrasound tech Ritaroser 5 1,138 04-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  "U.S. millennials post ‘abysmal’ scores in tech skills test, lag behind foreign peers lavagirl 30 5,060 03-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  vet tech smf6824 0 800 10-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Last Post: smf6824