Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VA reimburses Veterans for CLEP, DSST, and Excelsior Exams
With a passing score, veterans can get their money reimbursed from the VA for a variety of tests.

National Testing Program Q & A - (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
What a coincidence. Big Grin I was on that page today and noticed the same thing. I just filled out my application online for those benefits.
Fascinating. Now the question is... Does this money come out of your GI Bill fund?

I've been hoarding the GI Bill/Chapt 30 for my graduate degree.

Very nice find though, and will undoubtably benefit quite a few veterans.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Wow, that's great info and sure to help out the ex-mil personnel.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Where did you mail the receipts to? I mailed the form and copies of my test and receipts a couple of months ago however I have not heard anything. I just mailed them to the local VA in Los Angeles as I did not know where else to send them.

Thanks,

Jeff
Seahag

BS, Individual Studies (Real Estate & Business) – Charter Oak State College
Undergraduate Certificate, Real Estate – Marylhurst University
how old can the tests be? i have one from jan 2007
Im not sure how old the tests can be but I have mailed one that is a few months old before.

It does come out of your GI Bill fund.

I dont think you can send the form to the Los Angeles office. It needs to go to the regional office.

If you are in Los Angeles it needs to go to the Muskogee office.

Muskogee Regional Processing Office - (U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs)

this is the form you need to send to your regional office:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/21-4138.pdf

Include a copy of the results of the CLEP printout after you pass that has the score info etc..

I just write in the remark section of the form. Requesting reimbursement for recent CLEP/DANTES exam. (I dont think they reimburse the test center fee only the CLEP fee) They usually process mine within a few weeks. the refund will pop up in your account. Make sure your info is up to date with them.
pitbull30 Wrote:Im not sure how old the tests can be but I have mailed one that is a few months old before.

It does come out of your GI Bill fund.

I dont think you can send the form to the Los Angeles office. It needs to go to the regional office.

If you are in Los Angeles it needs to go to the Muskogee office.

Muskogee Regional Processing Office - (U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs)

this is the form you need to send to your regional office:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/21-4138.pdf

Include a copy of the results of the CLEP printout after you pass that has the score info etc..

I just write in the remark section of the form. Requesting reimbursement for recent CLEP/DANTES exam. (I dont think they reimburse the test center fee only the CLEP fee) They usually process mine within a few weeks. the refund will pop up in your account. Make sure your info is up to date with them.

90 days for GRE
DANTES EXAMINATIONS PROGRAMS
DANTES EXAMINATIONS PROGRAMS
I called the VA this morning to check on eligibility for this. They said that you have to still have an affiliation with the VA (which I don't - I left active reserve in 2001), and they also said that yes, this money does come out from your GI Bill money (of which mine is already used up).
You can't fail if you never give up
[COLOR="blue"]- Some ridiculous Zach Braff movie, but what a cool quote!!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
CLEP-Information Systems & Computer Applications: Scored 62; Nov 07
CLEP-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Criminal Justice: Scored 54; Jan 08
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08
DANTES-Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Ethics in America: Scored 55; Feb 08
DANTES-Organizational Behavior: Score 54; Mar 08
DANTES-Technical Writing: Score 58; Mar 08

FELL SHORT OF A PASSING SCORE (I'll never say the 'F' word):
ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
GettinMyBA Wrote:I called the VA this morning to check on eligibility for this. They said that you have to still have an affiliation with the VA (which I don't - I left active reserve in 2001), and they also said that yes, this money does come out from your GI Bill money (of which mine is already used up).

whoa... so CLEP and Dantes exams comes out of your GI BILL?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best and Worst Colleges for Veterans sanantone 9 5,571 09-05-2023, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AUDACITY4U
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,876 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  New Benefit for Veterans Receiving Disability jamshid666 3 2,686 10-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,286 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Certificates in Services for Veterans Jonathan Whatley 1 1,890 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Busch Gardens or SeaWorld free for veterans MNomadic 0 1,375 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,323 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Free Challenge Exams? Marcus Aurelius 4 2,972 08-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: rach03
  Trump moves to cancel student loan debt for disabled veterans decimon 11 5,868 05-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Free Splunk Training for Veterans jamshid666 3 3,812 04-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: quigongene