Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VA reimburses Veterans for CLEP, DSST, and Excelsior Exams
creationstory Wrote:whoa... so CLEP and Dantes exams comes out of your GI BILL?

Not if you are active duty. Otherwise, you can pay for it yourself and if you wish, get it reimbursed thru your GI bill
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
larry7crys Wrote:Not if you are active duty. Otherwise, you can pay for it yourself and if you wish, get it reimbursed thru your GI bill

is that the case if you take it on an active duty base?
Just a guess, but I doubt it matters where you test.... if you are on active duty, it's free (and doesn't touch GI Bill). If you are on active reserve, it's paid for via the GI Bill if you have any left. If you separated from all (like I did), you get zilch. I'm not complaining... it's $70 we're talking about. My brothers & sisters still on a/d deserve a hell of a lot more than that! Wink
You can't fail if you never give up
[COLOR="blue"]- Some ridiculous Zach Braff movie, but what a cool quote!!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
CLEP-Information Systems & Computer Applications: Scored 62; Nov 07
CLEP-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Criminal Justice: Scored 54; Jan 08
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08
DANTES-Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Ethics in America: Scored 55; Feb 08
DANTES-Organizational Behavior: Score 54; Mar 08
DANTES-Technical Writing: Score 58; Mar 08

FELL SHORT OF A PASSING SCORE (I'll never say the 'F' word):
ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
creationstory Wrote:is that the case if you take it on an active duty base?

No. You have to be on ACTIVE DUTY status. The test center will ask and will find out.
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50

Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
larry7crys Wrote:No. You have to be on ACTIVE DUTY status. The test center will ask and will find out.

Didn't mean to challenge you, but I thought something was a bit off (i had heard conflicting information). In NY it is a bit different, the DMNA reimburses you for fee's

NYS DMNA Reimbursement Testing Program
No offense taken. Some test centers will waive the testing fee (about $15) but will charge you for the exam ($70). I looked at the website provided but I don't understand why Guard spouses are getting the exams for free. I pretty sure the DMNA will reimburse you the testing fee not the exam fee but I am be wrong. Sorry about the CAPS Creationstory
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50

Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
larry7crys Wrote:No offense taken. Some test centers will waive the testing fee (about $15) but will charge you for the exam ($70). I looked at the website provided but I don't understand why Guard spouses are getting the exams for free. I pretty sure the DMNA will reimburse you the testing fee not the exam fee but I am be wrong. Sorry about the CAPS Creationstory

if ur active or ractive eserve its free.. it doesnt count out of GI BIll money... its when ur out of the military that it comes out of that money.. (from what i know)

i am though 100% sure u can take a test at an active base...even if u are reserve or guard
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
I am Army NG (former AD) and have been taking the tests at the Ed Center at Fort MacPherson, GA and it is free. As long as I had a valid military ID I didnt have to pay anything.
At the Fort Lewis and McChord AFB education centers in Washington state, the tests are free for anyone with a military ID card (Active duty, Reserve or National Guard). Anyone with military affiliation such as retirees and dependents do not have to pay the registration fee of $15, but pays the $70 test fee. Civilians with no military affiliation pay both the registration fee and the test fee. No matter what category you fit in it is a great deal compared to the hundreds of dollars it would cost to take the class.
It's the same here in AZ. If you have an ID card, you can test on post/base for free. It doesn't matter if you're Active, Reserve, Guard, Navy, Army, whatever. It all comes out of the DANTES pot.

ASU West will let you test for free as well. You just have to pay their testing center fee.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best and Worst Colleges for Veterans sanantone 9 5,481 09-05-2023, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AUDACITY4U
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,862 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  New Benefit for Veterans Receiving Disability jamshid666 3 2,665 10-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,225 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Certificates in Services for Veterans Jonathan Whatley 1 1,871 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Busch Gardens or SeaWorld free for veterans MNomadic 0 1,364 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,296 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Free Challenge Exams? Marcus Aurelius 4 2,959 08-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: rach03
  Trump moves to cancel student loan debt for disabled veterans decimon 11 5,834 05-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Free Splunk Training for Veterans jamshid666 3 3,785 04-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: quigongene