Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VUL introducing new doctorate in May
MichiganMax Wrote:Interesting, I researched their DHA program and am very close to applying. But this Creative Leadership Ph.D. sounds intriguing. One thing I'm happy about is that I have a nice amount of Graduate Credits from John F. Kennedy Univ (Now National Univ.), combined with my soon-to-be-completed Psychology Masters I'll have 97 graduate credits. So VUL was already looking like a good deal in my book. I can finally use those old JFKU credits for something and not feel like they were an expensive mistake.

That's great! Getting 90 grad credits is the main threshold... Don't be hard on yourself for the "expensive mistake", you're making good use of it "now". Mind me asking what your undergrad was in and where you took it? How about the grad credits from JFKU, were they in Psychology or another subject? Last but not least, which Masters Psychology are you taking? You're so close to finishing, I look forward to reading your progress and future educational goals.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-11-2021, 07:54 PM)Alpha Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this school.  But I also am not going to pretend that it's anything other than what it is.  You say it's not a "religious school" but I have been unable to find a list of the degrees it offers.  The GPA required for admission is 2.0.  This is substantially lower than most schools.  If it at all like Liberty et al that's because there's an agreement between the schools that allows VUL students to take courses elsewhere, courses not offered at VUL.  Because they don't offer certain degree programs.  The idea that most NA schools are cheaper than RA schools is a myth.  I'm pretty sure that I could find a cheaper RA equivalent for any NA degree that you could name.  But the cost is not the issue here, at least not for me.  Cheap is good, but cheap at the expense of quality is not a smart move.  I just don't know that I've seen anything that convinces me that they can run a DBA program.  And I don't know if it's any kind specialty area for TRACS either.  Obviously I could be wrong about that and maybe it will be a great program and a great deal.  But if I was going to get a DBA I'm not sure that I'd take the risk of signing into this program at this school at this time.

Have you found a doctorate in leadership that's online for $18K? I'm all ears if you've seen one! I haven't found any under $45K.
(04-14-2022, 09:43 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 07:54 PM)Alpha Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this school.  But I also am not going to pretend that it's anything other than what it is.  You say it's not a "religious school" but I have been unable to find a list of the degrees it offers.  The GPA required for admission is 2.0.  This is substantially lower than most schools.  If it at all like Liberty et al that's because there's an agreement between the schools that allows VUL students to take courses elsewhere, courses not offered at VUL.  Because they don't offer certain degree programs.  The idea that most NA schools are cheaper than RA schools is a myth.  I'm pretty sure that I could find a cheaper RA equivalent for any NA degree that you could name.  But the cost is not the issue here, at least not for me.  Cheap is good, but cheap at the expense of quality is not a smart move.  I just don't know that I've seen anything that convinces me that they can run a DBA program.  And I don't know if it's any kind specialty area for TRACS either.  Obviously I could be wrong about that and maybe it will be a great program and a great deal.  But if I was going to get a DBA I'm not sure that I'd take the risk of signing into this program at this school at this time.

Have you found a doctorate in leadership that's online for $18K? I'm all ears if you've seen one! I haven't found any under $45K.

University of the Cumberlands has a PhD for just over $20k, online.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeanLewis's post:
  • newdegree
(04-14-2022, 12:54 PM)DeanLewis Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 09:43 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you found a doctorate in leadership that's online for $18K? I'm all ears if you've seen one! I haven't found any under $45K.

University of the Cumberlands has a PhD for just over $20k, online.

Looks to be at least $24,750. That's over $18K. It's one of the longest I've seen at 66 credits. It's also a religious school. Would love to find a program that's not in a religious school...seems impossible unless I want to spend over $75K which just isn't happening.
The Marshall University EdD in Leadership Studies is close, 45 x (386 tuition + 40 fees) = 19 170. Marshall University is public.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • newdegree, sanantone, ss20ts
If you live in North Carolina, North Carolina A&T University charges $233 per credit hour. They have an online PhD in Leadership Studies.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(04-14-2022, 01:19 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: The Marshall University EdD in Leadership Studies is close, 45 x (386 tuition + 40 fees) = 19 170. Marshall University is public.

Thanks for this link! Marshall looks really good. Especially at 45 credits instead of 60+ like most I'm seeing. Would definitely need to confirm that tuition is $426 per credit as the MBA is $476 and the DBA are $850.

(04-14-2022, 02:56 PM)sanantone Wrote: If you live in North Carolina, North Carolina A&T University charges $233 per credit hour. They have an online PhD in Leadership Studies.

And if you're not an NC resident, it's $860 per credit plus fees.
Has anyone heard anything from VUL about the new doctoral program?
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(09-01-2022, 03:23 PM)newdegree Wrote: Has anyone heard anything from VUL about the new doctoral program?

VUL is now offering a 1-year DHA (Doctor of Healthcare Administration) This is directly from their website: https://www.vul.edu/dha/

Why DHA at VUL?

• 12 months-beginning to completion

• Degree tuition capped at $18,000

• Qualify for a top level position

• Position yourself for higher earning

• Distinguish yourself as a thought leader

• Earn the highest scholarly respect
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

(10-13-2022, 06:29 AM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 03:23 PM)newdegree Wrote: Has anyone heard anything from VUL about the new doctoral program?

VUL is now offering a 1-year DHA (Doctor of Healthcare Administration) This is directly from their website: https://www.vul.edu/dha/

Why DHA at VUL?
  • 12 months-beginning to completion

• Degree tuition capped at $18,000

• Qualify for a top level position

• Position yourself for higher earning

• Distinguish yourself as a thought leader

• Earn the highest scholarly respect

This isn't the new doctoral program we are talking about. They said they were going to release another doctorate program. One should join the Facebook group for this program to see some of the issues in it. There are people who completed their degree a year ago and are STILL waiting for their diploma.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 319 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 892 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  $15000 Doctorate NA ashkir 127 16,377 03-03-2024, 02:14 AM
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 3 1,766 03-03-2024, 01:32 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 710 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,416 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 846 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 440 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Help me pick my next doctorate! jfitzg8876 5 871 11-07-2023, 04:47 PM
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,717 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess