Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Admission Required SSN ? International
Hi All, 

I am trying to apply to WGU whilst I'm in the US however I'm not a citizen here. 
Staying at friends house Remote working for a company in the UK.

Is there anyway I can still apply to WGU ? 

I will be transferring credit to complete Bachelor in less than 6 months (1 term) 

Thanks
As far as I understand it, you need to be either a resident in US or Have US nationality.
The thematic has been commented several times in other post. If you use the search option you should find more info.
Good luck in your path to WG, but if I was in your positions will keep open to other options.
(02-21-2021, 04:00 AM)Anh-DT Wrote: Hi All, 

I am trying to apply to WGU whilst I'm in the US however I'm not a citizen here. 

I will be transferring credit to complete Bachelor in less than 6 months (1 term) 

Thanks

They say you can apply as long as you are living in the U.S.  I think their concerns are brownouts, internet connection issues of 3rd world countries 

While their official policy is they don't take international students, they do in fact regularly accept students from Canada. 

Being you are from the UK, first language English and living in the U.S. you should have no problem getting in if you got the proper paperwork.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(02-21-2021, 01:08 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 04:00 AM)Anh-DT Wrote: Hi All, 

Thanks

They say you can apply as long as you are living in the U.S.  I think their concerns are brownouts, internet connection issues of 3rd world countries 

While their official policy is they don't take international students, they do in fact regularly accept students from Canada. 

Being you are from the UK, first language English and living in the U.S. you should have no problem getting in if you got the proper paperwork.

Seems like the only way to get in is by applying for ITIN number since either SSN or ITIN is required
Have you tried contacting WGU? There's something somewhere about how international (Canadian) students need to contact WGU because the application is only for people in the US. This might apply to you, at least under the way WGU operates.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I would call WGU during business hours and ask them how you can apply. Explain that you're in the US but you don't have a SSN.
WGU is usually not for international students inside or outside of the USA. The University is made for US Citizens or Permanent Residents, their main exception is for US/PR who are living abroad due to military services. Previously they allowed international students from selective Canadian areas/cities, only because of accreditation issues, they stopped allowing that option for a long time.

You should speak with admissions and find out for sure, in fact, speak with more than one just in case. Verify with them and make sure they understand your question. By looking at your message above, you aren't in the UK, where are you now? Are you inside the US and are you a Perm Resident? The international credentials you provide them can work to lessen the load on your course requirements (if you have any previous credits - they just need to be evaluated).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you call WGU, maybe don't mention your remote work, as that's quite illegal and in violation of your visitor's visa. Not sure if WGU would action it, but the risk-reward balance isn't great.
(02-21-2021, 04:10 PM)innen_oda Wrote: If you call WGU, maybe don't mention your remote work, as that's quite illegal and in violation of your visitor's visa. Not sure if WGU would action it, but the risk-reward balance isn't great.

They didn't mentioned anything regarding SSN
Also if I'm self pay I don't need to fill out any of the finance aid or scholarship forms. 

I'm set to enroll this August once I complete my AS and other credits for transfer. 

I think the form is there to pre check if you are eligible for Financial Aid etc
Chao Anh - Interesting! Which program are you planning to enrol in August? BSIT?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 434 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77