Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Business Management Degree HELP
I am currently working on my associates at Eastern Gateway Community College and I am thinking of transferring to Western Governors University. I would like to major in business management. I have found testing alternatives for all the general education courses and most of the core courses. However, I need help finding a test option for Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection and Marketing Applications. I searched the forums and found Columbia College but is there a cheaper option? I found the test below at CSU Global for $250. Would this exam satisfy the Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection course.

CSU GLobal Recruitment, Selection, and Employee Development         ----> Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection 

HRM440EX 

Study.com  Marketing 308 Applied Marketing    --------------------------------> Marketing Applications 
You have to leave at least 30cr at WGU anyway, so don't bother doing anything expensive. Just take what's easy to find, and leave the rest to take at WGU.

Don't forget that you can't enroll at WGU until AFTER you transfer all of the credits you want. They don't accept any after enrollment.

And, WGU is a great price, I don't think you can beat it. I don't know anything about Columbia College, but I'm pretty sure they can't beat WGU's price.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-07-2018, 08:10 PM)fablestars Wrote: I am currently working on my associates at Eastern Gateway Community College and I am thinking of transferring to Western Governors University. I would like to major in business management. I have found testing alternatives for all the general education courses and most of the core courses. However, I need help finding a test option for Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection and Marketing Applications. I searched the forums and found Columbia College but is there a cheaper option? I found the test below at CSU Global for $250. Would this exam satisfy the Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection course.

CSU GLobal Recruitment, Selection, and Employee Development         ----> Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection 

HRM440EX 

Study.com  Marketing 308 Applied Marketing    --------------------------------> Marketing Applications 

Thank you
I have never heard of WGU having a 30 credit in house requirement, I hope that isn't the case, I have like 95 ready to transfer into WGU. There was a section on the evaluation that had non transferable courses that amounted to around 20 credits for the five 6 or 7 classes that they require you to take at WGU. Is there anyone who can confirm, I didn't see anything on the website about an in house requirement but now I'm a little nervous that I've wasted time/money taking my last two classes.
If you're getting a SECOND bachelors, WGU definitely requires that 25% (around 30cr) of that degree come from them in new credits. I have never seen this requirement listed anywhere for a FIRST degree through them though. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but like you I've never heard that before. If you contact them to find out, please let us know.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(09-13-2018, 07:25 AM)JoshDosMil Wrote: I have never heard of WGU having a 30 credit in house requirement, I hope that isn't the case, I have like 95 ready to transfer into WGU. There was a section on the evaluation that had non transferable courses that amounted to around 20 credits for the five 6 or 7 classes that they require you to take at WGU. Is there anyone who can confirm, I didn't see anything on the website about an in house requirement but now I'm a little nervous that I've wasted time/money taking my last two classes.

I actually heard that here on the forum, but I could be remembering wrong.

For each degree, there are certain courses that have to be completed there - they won't take them as a transfer.  It's different for each degree, but there are a certain number of credits - maybe 30 was just for that person's particular degree.

For someone with 95cr, you're still going to take 25cr there, if they require 30, it wouldn't be a huge deal.  But again, I may be wrong, in which case please let us know here when you find out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business of IT - Project Management oram3189 6 479 02-18-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Wanting a masters degree for IT from WGU benon 10 867 01-21-2024, 04:13 AM
Last Post: benon
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,077 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters in HR - anyone accelerate through this degree? Whitepines 4 497 01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Business 324 or 113 study.com for BSBM Marsbar 4 356 11-23-2023, 06:46 PM
  Can you pause your degree? Learnsomestuff 9 1,034 11-17-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 371 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
  New degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management MNomadic 3 1,173 11-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Question about class line up for Software Engineering degree Omece 2 902 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Omece
  Has anyone done the BS in Supply Chains and Operations Management? jsh1138 0 521 09-29-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jsh1138