Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will start in over a month, what can I do in the mean time?
I should be joining WGU on March 1st, and transferring over a few credits. Since that's more than a month away, I was looking to see if I can maybe start some of the PAs (writing assignments) that might be due. Is there a place that has these available so we can make the most of this downtime before actually starting?

BS Business IT Management
These are the classes that will be taking in WGU apart from the non-transferable ones I have to take:

Critical Thinking and Logic
Information Technology Management Essentials
Emotional and Cultural Intelligence
Network and Security - Foundations
Innovative and Strategic Thinking
Introduction to Spreadsheets

Any help will be appreciated
Last I checked, you won't have access to the rubric in WGU for the performance assessment (PA). Courses change at WGU so finding an old rubric online is not a good idea. Use the time to setup an organizational study plan.
What I did while waiting for my classes to start was utilize other learning options. For me, it was helpful to familiarize myself with the topics. I did courses on Sophia (I had free access), went through similar courses on Coursera, Went through some Saylor Academy courses, etc. I wasn’t too concerned about getting transferable credits, but depending on what you need, you could knock out a few courses that way.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • indigoshuffle
If you're starting on 3/1, you have until 2/1 or 2/5 (depending on who you ask) to complete courses to transfer in ahead of enrollment. Of the six courses you listed, four of them can be bypassed via transfer from either Sophia or SDC...

Critical Thinking and Logic ==> Sophia: Critical Thinking OR SDC: Humanities 201--Critical Thinking and Analysis
Information Technology Management Essentials ==> SDC: Business 303--Management Information Systems
Emotional and Cultural Intelligence ==> SDC: Communications 301--Diversity and Intercultural Communication
Network and Security - Foundations ==> SDC: Computer Science 202--Networks and Security OR SDC: Computer Science 108--Introduction to Networking

Maybe instead of trying to start PAs before enrollment, completing one or more of these would be a better option.
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
[-] The following 1 user Likes raekwon's post:
  • Vle045
Thank you for the suggestion. I actually finished up with some SDC courses last week that I'm looking to get transfered in but I left these because from my research these would be easier to just take in WGU is what I've read.

(01-14-2023, 08:02 PM)raekwon Wrote: If you're starting on 3/1, you have until 2/1 or 2/5 (depending on who you ask) to complete courses to transfer in ahead of enrollment. Of the six courses you listed, four of them can be bypassed via transfer from either Sophia or SDC...

Critical Thinking and Logic ==> Sophia: Critical Thinking OR SDC: Humanities 201--Critical Thinking and Analysis
Information Technology Management Essentials ==> SDC: Business 303--Management Information Systems
Emotional and Cultural Intelligence ==> SDC: Communications 301--Diversity and Intercultural Communication
Network and Security - Foundations ==> SDC: Computer Science 202--Networks and Security OR SDC: Computer Science 108--Introduction to Networking

Maybe instead of trying to start PAs before enrollment, completing one or more of these would be a better option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thepoetvd776's post:
  • raekwon
I would gather student reports on a class-by-class basis to find some tips and tricks on how to get through the class.

There is no need to study ahead of time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused on best way to start xsephia 10 570 02-27-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Time limit on cert credit for WGU? reylok 4 1,346 04-08-2020, 07:46 PM
Last Post: reylok
  average time to finish WGU - opinions wanted EducationSeeker 21 7,376 07-27-2019, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Advice for 7 month break from WGU teacher2 7 2,176 11-14-2017, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  WGU Term Start/Acceptance Question...... Toastmaster 14 3,931 09-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore