Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Critical Thinking & Logic
What exactly is this course? Can it be taken anywhere else and transferred in? Does having an associates degree get you out of it?
(07-04-2020, 05:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: What exactly is this course? Can it be taken anywhere else and transferred in? Does having an associates degree get you out of it?

The course seems pretty much self-explanatory to me based on the title... it is a course on critical thinking and logic. Smile Basically, that means it teaches you how to evaluate arguments and use logic to distinguish between good and bad reasoning.

As far as I can tell, Straighterline, Study.com, and Saylor do not offer a course that will satisfy this requirement at WGU, but you may be able to find a course somewhere else. In any case, it is a General Education requirement and there is no specific language stating that it is not eligible to be satisfied by an associate or bachelor degree block transfer, so transferring in a completed associate's degree should meet the requirement.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
you should just do the course at WGU
https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/d0...and_logic/

from the post it seems the course is pretty simple and straight forward
its only difficult if you over think each question
Pearson's Propero offering has a class that transfers, but it's $330.

https://www.pearson.com/us/higher-educat...nking.html

I didn't see anything else on WGU's Partner site that transfers for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-04-2020, 10:52 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Pearson's Propero offering has a class that transfers, but it's $330.

https://www.pearson.com/us/higher-educat...nking.html

I didn't see anything else on WGU's Partner site that transfers for it.

$330? HAHAHAHAHAA Nope. Not happening. It will just one of the courses taken at WGU. Thank you!

(07-04-2020, 08:24 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 05:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: What exactly is this course? Can it be taken anywhere else and transferred in? Does having an associates degree get you out of it?

The course seems pretty much self-explanatory to me based on the title... it is a course on critical thinking and logic. Smile Basically, that means it teaches you how to evaluate arguments and use logic to distinguish between good and bad reasoning.

As far as I can tell, Straighterline, Study.com, and Saylor do not offer a course that will satisfy this requirement at WGU, but you may be able to find a course somewhere else. In any case, it is a General Education requirement and there is no specific language stating that it is not eligible to be satisfied by an associate or bachelor degree block transfer, so transferring in a completed associate's degree should meet the requirement.

I was trying to find out if there was another name for the class. Something more mainstream. Like how Intro to Statistics has a funky name at WGU.
Saylor does have PHIL102: Critical Thinking, it's fairly new.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • akr680, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking about going for WGU MBA mikehart82 3 787 07-29-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Courcelles