Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Great job!

Quick question, does WGU not have a problem with you going after an MBA and MSML simultaneously? I've heard that there are something like six courses left after completing one or the other.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
WGU only allows you to enroll in one program. I enrolled into the MBA program (intended on completing MSML after). Leading up to the launch of the program, my business travel in Colombia caused me to rethink going with the MBA program first. The issue was that wifi isn't the most reliable in certain parts of Colombia and it just felt like I might be setting myself up for frustration and possible failure (1 term completion goal). The MSML is weighted with more writing assignments so wifi caused fewer concerns.

I have presented them together in the forum because this is how the program is designed on my end Smile With the MBA & MSML sharing 5 courses, for me, it just makes the overall experience a little cooler to treat it like a dual master.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Glad to see you pursuing WGU - MBA. I have not been updating my journey but I was able to complete all my classes in one term with 4 weeks to spare for capstone. However, I decided to enroll in second term just for the capstone because it was hard to find a group that was willing to complete capstone in four weeks with me. My term started this month and I have already completed Task 3 and 4 of capstone. Good luck, I am sure you will enjoy it.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
Glad to hear all went well Al2010x. How did the prorated fee work out for the second term? Guessing around $1500-$1700? Shame there wasn't a group to tackle the Capstone in 4 weeks but it is still an amazing overall cost for an MBA. Congratulations!!!

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
They still want you to pay full fees of $3495 by 22nd of the month before you start your term. Your student mentor will have to submit a request to make you part time student. Once or is processed, you will receive refund. I'm still waiting on mine.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
May is unfolding with a couple of turns but for the most part as expected. Leading Teams has ended up being a cool course and much more independent that I initially expected.

MSML - Leading Teams - C205 - Task 2 - Team Project - Powerpoint 20 Slides with speaker notes on each slide (we do not have to present the powerpoint but would have been a fun team challenge)

Task 2 - 1 Paper - 9 pages Complete Not Submitted (paper not approved until team project passed)

A motivated team could knock this course out in a week but it would require 3 to 4 people to be efficient writers, have strong communication to secure task responsibilities and have the focus to quickly provide updates along the creation process.

I have enjoyed my team. There was not a 'get this done in a week option' with the team but they have allowed me to take on key tasks to move this project along at a decent pace. One team member joked about not liking my 'pace' and would be using me on Task 2's paper as one of the obstacles for the team Wink We are just waiting for two team members to complete their parts, so should be able to have this course completed next week.

MBA/MSML - Date-Driven Decision Making C207 - 1 Paper - 15 Pages Complete

Have not had a good focus to study for the exam so I have not fought it and plan on working on the exam for a June completion.

Capstone will start in June. I have taken care of Task 1 and just need approval on my Business Problem Statement and will look to tackle Task 2 - 1 Paper - Expected about 16 -20 Pages. This will leave me with two tasks left to be completed for one of my two-degree goals.

Good to see someone doing the same thing I am(treating it as a dual MSML/MBA). I started on 4.1. Completed Managing Orgs. & Leading People, Becoming an Effective Leader, Managing Human Capital, Management Communication, and currently about to submit my final task for Ethical Leadership tonight. I think Business Acumen may be up next for me... My advisor tried to keep me away from Leading Teams because she didn't want me to lose momentum because she saw how fast I was accelerating. Also looking at completing MSML courses in one term and hopefully being allowed to take 2 MBA courses. How were Business Acumen and Strategic Management?
Great job PMInTraining. You're working through the courses at a solid pace. Strategic Management is a course you should be able to work through without any struggles if you are comfortable with writing. Compared to the courses you have completed, this will be the longest and most detailed. Business Acumen's exam is very doable and if you do well with the pre-exam don't hesitate to jump into the final.

Change Management & Innovations on the other, I would encourage you to spend some extra time even if you are scoring decently on the pre-exam. Even though I passed, this exam had me second guessing more than I care to on an exam (additional study time might have helped to avoid this situation.Wink I went into it pretty confident and was entertained with being humbled on a couple of questions.

Keep rocking it & best on completing in 1 term!!!

[Deleted because I didn't see the question about dual-enrollment had already been asked and answered]

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
Received a bummer of an update during a call with my mentor. The call was pretty much just to review my June Capstone focus and what two classes I wanted to knock out in the MBA program prior to the term running out at the end of August. He informed me that as of last month (or so - he wasn't sure) WGU is not longer allowing you to add courses from another degree into your term. As we know, it always pays to get two and three confirmations on news like this, so I am going to check into it. My mentor was also bummed on the news sharing that he really liked that option expressed how it fit well into my plans.

Not sure if this changes anything in a big way except having to finish 5 + capstone vs 3 + capstone for MBA but any news that goes against a 'master plan' is not news welcomed.

'Don't Let Perfection Be The Thief Of Good Enough' because good enough can still be GREAT!

That was me shaking it off and shifting back to what matters like where am I going for lunch today Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Federicojavier

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,735 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,942 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,142 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,740 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,734 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,330 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,205 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100