Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
The Team Charter will initially be submitted by the Team Leader to the course mentor (that's the week 1 request). When you finish the team presentation, each team member will submit a Team Charter they created with their other requirements for Task 2. All of the individual Team Charters will read very similar due to the structure of the questions.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Well, I'm back. I slowed down a bit and just took the pre-assessment. Made a 75. I'm going to study a bit more and request to take the assessment on Monday and schedule it for Tuesday. I'm going to go over the coaching report as well. GREAT job on passing Mag48! I think I'm going to try Strategic Management before I work on Business Acumen or Leading Teams. I think I can knock it out in about a week. I've been hesitant on Leading Teams because I'm scared of having a slow group. RansomSoul-Great job! Almost at the finish line!
Good luck on your exam!!! I did Business Acumen in a week but it was definitely the hardest course I have done so far in my program and required watching all of the videos and reading every chapter. It wasn't like unmanageable by any means but there is definitely a lot of content presented. It feels like 3-4 undergraduate business classes in one review course. Also I learned the hard way that the quizlet resources available through google for this course/pre-assessment have some wrong answers mixed in them. I think this actually hindered my score improvement on the second attempt at the pre-assessment because I was studying some of the wrong answers DOH!
Thanks for the heads up. I've been using Quizlet quite a bit. I have a meeting with my CM later today to go over my coaching report. I think I'll give myself a week to knock out strategic management and 2 weeks to knock out business acumen(wasn't a business major in undergrad). That way I can enroll in the July cohort of Leading Teams. We're rocking this!
Update-- I just passed Change Management and Innovation. Passed it with a 72!
PMInTraining Wrote:Update-- I just passed Change Management and Innovation. Passed it with a 72!

Congrats Smile

PMInTraining Wrote:Update-- I just passed Change Management and Innovation. Passed it with a 72!

Great job!!! How long did you spend studying out of curiosity? I actually think I am going to request to do this one before Data Driven Decision Making to avoid the slow down. That way when I get to DDDM it will be my final camera assessment I need to pass!

Is C208 different than C721? I see mentions of both classes online. The C721 seems to have a lot of feedback about a difficult exam that does match PA. Do you have that the PA prepared your for the real exam?
Thank you! I did it in 11 days. Could've been less, but my procrastination skills got the best of me as you could see. Took about 2 days to do the PA. The PA was actually not much related to the OA. The PA was more practical and common sense. The OA was a lot more theory and models if that makes sense. Make sure you study the models and entrepreneurship and knowing how to react to resisting change. The pre-assessment was actually a good amount like the actual OA. I scored a 75(the cut score was 59) on the pre-assessment and a 72 on the actual assessment(59 was the cut score again). I plan on doing DDM last as well. I'm looking at Strategic Management, Business Acumen, Leading Teams, DDM, then capstone. I wasn't a WGU undergrad(State B&M graduate), so I'm not sure about C721!
PMInTraining Wrote:Thank you! I did it in 11 days. Could've been less, but my procrastination skills got the best of me as you could see. Took about 2 days to do the PA. The PA was actually not much related to the OA. The PA was more practical and common sense. The OA was a lot more theory and models if that makes sense. Make sure you study the models and entrepreneurship and knowing how to react to resisting change. The pre-assessment was actually a good amount like the actual OA. I scored a 75(the cut score was 59) on the pre-assessment and a 72 on the actual assessment(59 was the cut score again). I plan on doing DDM last as well. I'm looking at Strategic Management, Business Acumen, Leading Teams, DDM, then capstone. I wasn't a WGU undergrad(State B&M graduate), so I'm not sure about C721!

I just took the PA blindly this evening-- having not read any of the text and got a 70% on my first attempt. Logical reasoning paid off or I got really lucky! Haha. I feel energized for this course and know I can do this one quickly if I focus on the coaching report. I had a question though on how you approached the paper. Did you by chance recycle any of your prior work from either C201/C203 (cant remember which it was exactly) for the paper? I saw some components that were very similar and was wondering if other students had utilized their prior work and then expanded upon it for the rest of the task requirements.
If you're referring to the SWOT analysis and reusing it from C200-go for it. I did and didnt get flagged. I havent been able to do any work this week because of work. I think I'll do it this weekend and knock both tasks out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,732 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,141 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,739 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,733 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,330 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,202 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100