Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Hey y’all Smile I started my WGU MBA officially on Feb. 1st (started working on the courses on Jan. 15th after Orientation.) I have finished all the papers (except the capstone project).

I have officially passed the Orientation, Managing Organizations and Leading People, Managing Human Capital, and Management Communication so far. I passed the pre-test for Accounting for Decision Makers and have all my papers done for Marketing and Ethical Leadership, which will be my next courses.

Anyone reading this who is nervous about finishing in one term, it is absolutely doable!
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

[-] The following 3 users Like kalishakti's post:
  • BearEDU, Ideas, studiousimp
Hey! good to know!

I'm excited to get started in July, My goal is to finish everything but the capstone in one term.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(02-07-2018, 12:46 PM)kalishakti Wrote: Hey y’all Smile I started my WGU MBA officially on Feb. 1st (started working on the courses on Jan. 15th after Orientation.) I have finished all the papers (except the capstone project).

I have officially passed the Orientation, Managing Organizations and Leading People, Managing Human Capital, and Management Communication so far. I passed the pre-test for Accounting for Decision Makers and have all my papers done for Marketing and Ethical Leadership, which will be my next courses.

Anyone reading this who is nervous about finishing in one term, it is absolutely doable!

Wait, you've finished 4 classes and all the papers for 5 classes in less than 6 days?

How? What kind of hours have you been putting in?
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(02-07-2018, 04:23 PM)Thorne Wrote: Wait, you've finished 4 classes and all the papers for 5 classes in less than 6 days?

Not in 6 days, in 23 days Smile I started writing the papers and studying on Jan. 15th. My official enrollment date was Feb. 1st.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Hmm, if you can do 4 courses in 23 days, that'll be about 8 courses in 46, at the rate you're going...a WGU can be completed in 69 days!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • kalishakti
(02-07-2018, 05:17 PM)kalishakti Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 04:23 PM)Thorne Wrote: Wait, you've finished 4 classes and all the papers for 5 classes in less than 6 days?

Not in 6 days, in 23 days Smile I started writing the papers and studying on Jan. 15th. My official enrollment date was Feb. 1st.

how were you able to do this? I plan to enroll in a month or so and was looking to work on the assignments and study before enrolling. Still waiting for my graduation application from TESU
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
Graduated on February 9th. I started in September, bought a house, work a full time job and am planning a wedding. Anybody can do this!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like vobrodrew's post:
  • Ideas, kalishakti
(02-15-2018, 02:50 PM)vobrodrew Wrote: Anybody can do this!!!

I watched the new Chris Rock special on Netflix last night and there is a piece when he shares being at his child's high school orientation and the Vice Principle tells the kids that Anybody Here can be Anything They Want To Be!! I will save the humbling punchlines Wink but your comment of 'Anybody Can'  made me think of it. Sometimes when reading just the success without the details, I get a little worried about the future students reading and thinking 'I Got This'!!! I agree that a 1 term run at WGU is possible but by the numbers, most people actually can't or at least don't do it. This forum, however, increases the percentages of it happening for sure and your success vobrodrew will definitely inspire future students to make a run at it. (Congratulations!!!)

Hopefully, this was not a bummer response but want to make sure we share both sides of the coin.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(02-15-2018, 02:50 PM)vobrodrew Wrote: Graduated on February 9th. I started in September, bought a house, work a full time job and am planning a wedding. Anybody can do this!!!

Congrats! Wow that's amazing
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
Hi everyone!  Officially started my MSML on Feb 1st and I have three courses in the blue already.  A few things:

- SO much writing. I've written 8 papers so far and all were 10 pages or more.
- My BS is in HR management so there's a lot of info I already know. I took and passed my first OA (Managing Human Capital) with very little studying. I know they won't all be like that but it was nice to knock one out quickly.
- "Leading Teams" has a group task and it only starts on the first of each month so I recommend starting this one sooner than later. It normally takes five weeks, I'm told, but I have two people in my group trying to finish in three weeks because it's the end of their terms. I am trying to accelerate so I was happy to go along with their plan to finish early. It's not a difficult task, but you have to have group calls so it's hard to get everyone together at the same time, since we're all working adults.

** Also, I'm going through a divorce, I am moving into a new place, I work full time and travel tons. Seriously, anyone can do this if they really have the motivation and the desire.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
[-] The following 2 users Like jessikalauren's post:
  • Ideas, kalishakti

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,731 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,141 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,739 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,731 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,329 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,199 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100