Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA/MSML Progress Share
Hi everyone!  Officially started my MSML on Feb 1st and I have three courses in the blue already.  A few things:

- SO much writing. I've written 8 papers so far and all were 10 pages or more.
- My BS is in HR management so there's a lot of info I already know. I took and passed my first OA (Managing Human Capital) with very little studying. I know they won't all be like that but it was nice to knock one out quickly.
- "Leading Teams" has a group task and it only starts on the first of each month so I recommend starting this one sooner than later. It normally takes five weeks, I'm told, but I have two people in my group trying to finish in three weeks because it's the end of their terms. I am trying to accelerate so I was happy to go along with their plan to finish early. It's not a difficult task, but you have to have group calls so it's hard to get everyone together at the same time, since we're all working adults.

** Also, I'm going through a divorce, I am moving into a new place, I work full time and travel tons. Seriously, anyone can do this if they really have the motivation and the desire.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
[-] The following 2 users Like jessikalauren's post:
  • Ideas, kalishakti
When everyone talks about how many pages their papers are, how many words is that? I'm used to counting words, not pages, so I'd like a feel for how much that is.
The first course, Managing Organizations and Leading People had two written assignments and these are my stats:

Task 1 - 17 Pages - 4356 word count
Task 2 - 13 Pages - 3327 word count
Times Font 12 - Double Spaced

It should be noted that WGU does not have a page requirement. One could write as little or as much as desired as long as you are able to meet the rubric requirements. Writing as little as you want does not tend to be an option so don't get too excited about that mention. Trying to not write too much is a bigger hurdle than not writing enough - the topics are good and it is easy to get lost in them and overwrite.
PhD / EdD - school selection process stage
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(02-21-2018, 09:25 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: The first course, Managing Organizations and Leading People had two written assignments and these are my stats:

Task 1 - 17 Pages - 4356 word count
Task 2 - 13 Pages - 3327 word count
Times Font 12 - Double Spaced

Mine were:
Task 1- 17 pages 3425 word count
Task 2- 9 pages 1714 word count
Times 12-point font, double spaced, including title page, reference page, etc.

I agree about overwriting being a bigger temptation! I liked all the writing topics and had to consciously focus on not spending too much time on any one task.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017
AA - Palm Beach State College, 2015

AP - Psych, Human Geog, Eng. Lang & Comp, US Gov & Pol, Stats, US History
CLEP - Bio, Soc, Eng. Lit, A&I Lit
DSST - Public Speaking, Bus Ethics/Society
Saylor - Bus. Law & Ethics, Fin. Acc, Marketing, Management, Corp. Comm, Macro, Micro, Int Bus, Bus Stats
SL- Man. Acc, Int. Acc, Org Behavior, Cost Acc
ALEKS - Col. Algebra
Institutes - Ethics
NFA- Fire Supervision
Study.com- Digital Marketing, Info Systems, Project Management, Prin. Finance, Globalization
TECEP- Strategic Management
B&M - Med Term, Early Childhood Ed, Psych Personality, Ab. Psych, Art Appreciation, Women’s Studies, Gen. Chem I + Lab, Precalc, Forum, Psych Human Dev, A&P I + II, A&P Lab, Nutrition, Prin. Chem, Speech Comm, Bus. Writing

I third both comments above mine. They have page length suggestions on each task, and 90% I exceed that just to make sure I've covered all of my bases re: the rubric. For example, if the rubric says "give three examples of..." I'll include four or five, to be safe with evaluators. Obviously, it's not required and I don't do it every time, but if I can spend a few extra minutes to avoid another 2-5 days in Taskstream with revisions, I'd much rather do that.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML BearEDU 6 298 02-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Last Post: BearEDU
  My WGU Progress Share ftsfour1 11 643 01-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: ftsfour1
  WGU MBA IT Review/Progress + Application Fee Waiver gingerbeefE 4 604 03-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Post: cypster
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 10 1,140 09-26-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone