Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA - Staring Early Thought
So as I have mentioned in another post....I am now sitting around waiting for my transcripts to be transferred or final exams to be graded (sigh..). I plan on starting my WGU MBA as soon as i can once i get confirmation from TESU that I have completed all my requirements for my degree.

Two questions:

1. Do i need to wait for the actual commencement to register for WGU or will i be able to start once i receive TESU confirmation that i completed all my graduation requirements?

2. For those who have already started or completed the MBA at WGU, Is there anything that I can start working on now in preparation for things to begin? papers, research, anything? I feel like i am wasting time while waiting around and would love to do something that i could apply to it and get it completed quicker?

Thanks in advance.
jlearn25
jlearn25 Wrote:So as I have mentioned in another post....I am now sitting around waiting for my transcripts to be transferred or final exams to be graded (sigh..). I plan on starting my WGU MBA as soon as i can once i get confirmation from TESU that I have completed all my requirements for my degree.

Two questions:

1. Do i need to wait for the actual commencement to register for WGU or will i be able to start once i receive TESU confirmation that i completed all my graduation requirements?

2. For those who have already started or completed the MBA at WGU, Is there anything that I can start working on now in preparation for things to begin? papers, research, anything? I feel like i am wasting time while waiting around and would love to do something that i could apply to it and get it completed quicker?

Thanks in advance.
jlearn25

1.) They wouldn't let me start until degree was conferred (at commencement). They wouldn't accept anything I offered.
2.) Once you are enrolled you can start working. Before that, I'd recommend relaxing.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
mednat Wrote:1.) They wouldn't let me start until degree was conferred (at commencement). They wouldn't accept anything I offered.
2.) Once you are enrolled you can start working. Before that, I'd recommend relaxing.

Mednat, I do not like your answers.
But...I appreciate your response :-)

Thanks
jlearn25 Wrote:Mednat, I do not like your answers.
But...I appreciate your response :-)

Thanks

Sorry Sad I didn't like them either, it's worth retrying and see if they give you different ones.

Good luck!

Done!
Lol....I am in the same boat as many others, I am so anxious to start but will have to wait till September 24th. I share the same feeling banghead
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
Don't schools such as WGU have an option for conditional enrollment?
Or an option to allow taking courses for credit before enrollment...
It wouldn't be a bad idea just taking courses before you are officially accepted.
I always wondered about that, as some schools such as Patten will allow enrollment before you get the official notice.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Don't schools such as WGU have an option for conditional enrollment?
Or an option to allow taking courses for credit before enrollment...
It wouldn't be a bad idea just taking courses before you are officially accepted.
I always wondered about that, as some schools such as Patten will allow enrollment before you get the official notice.

On a similar note, I contacted ENMU about their MBA program. It says that you need to have a 3.0 on the 9 "core" courses to waive the GMAT, and I don't have this (I have a 2.75, and 4 courses have no grade because I tested out). The very nice woman there said that if I had a 2.5 on those courses, I could be admitted on a provisional basis, and that if I took 3 MBA courses and got a B on each one, that I would be admitted into the program with a waiver of the GMAT requirement.

Now, I know that this is not the same exact thing, but there are plenty of schools that will just let you take a course or two without being an enrolled student. You would think that WGU would have something similar, but I suppose with the competency-based model, they just won't? Not that they can't, but they won't. They could allow someone to take a single course, and have a flat price for it if they wanted to.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It is frustrating but they also have monthly starts which is not typical. Traditional programs typically have students waiting many months for an enrollment start. I hated the break when i had it but in hindsight it was a nice transition.

Done!
I have received a certification letter of graduation from TESU that states that my degree was certified on July 27th. Will this be enough for WGU to allow me to start my MBA? I am planning on calling them tomorrow anyway but wanted to pose this question to the group here. I will post my feedback once I get it from WGU.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
I'm fairly certain someone else tried that on this forum with no luck.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master’s in Early Childhood Education or Child Development kmsei 3 3,783 07-29-2020, 11:28 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Walden MS Early Childhood Studies Administration, Management, & Leadership Tempo PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 5 2,287 06-10-2019, 02:40 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Walden's Competency-Based MS in Early Childhood Studies sanantone 3 1,147 02-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Last Post: alleycat