Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA started November 2016
Hurrah...I started my journey for WGU MBA. My orientation was open on October 17th that I completed within three days. I started my first class that is C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People on October 20th. I was able to complete both task 1 and task 2 by the time my term started on November 1st. Well, I hit the bump on my first task:confused:. Evaluation came back asking me to revise my work to correct the grammar (ya, tell me about it). But on the bright side, I just got another email that task 2 meets the requirement so I am currently working on correcting task 1.

While my work was in the que for evaluation, I took a pre-assessment of my next class C202. I took it cold and scored 85%. I am feeling good so went ahead and requested an approval to take final assessment. The cut score to pass an assessment is 67%. However, my student mentor has to approve me to take the final assessment. Hope fully, I will get that approval and be done with the class in next couple of days but then again I am traveling for work so . What helped me score well on pre-assessment was my previous study of Human Resource Management for CLEP/Dantes using flashcards. It prepared me well!!

Already eyeing on a third class C211 Global economics for manager. The plan is to prep for it and then take an assessment for both of these one after other.

Let's see how well I do on this program.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
Congrats! Have you ever done a WGU program before?

The best advice I can give you is to not get caught up in checking TaskStream. Submit your task, forget about it, and move on to the next one.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
Congrats.

I would add that you ONLY need to fix whatever they specified. Don't get caught up in big re-writes...fix what they mention, point it out, re-submit. If it comes back a second time get the course advisor involved.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Congrats.

I would add that you ONLY need to fix whatever they specified. Don't get caught up in big re-writes...fix what they mention, point it out, re-submit. If it comes back a second time get the course advisor involved.

I forgot about this. Yeah, definitely don't even THINK about touching any other areas. When I resubmitted, I would even put a Word comment on the header for that section. In the resubmission comments, I would write "Only XYZ section was updated. All other sections were previously marked as passing" or something along those lines.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
dmjacobsen Wrote:I forgot about this. Yeah, definitely don't even THINK about touching any other areas. When I resubmitted, I would even put a Word comment on the header for that section. In the resubmission comments, I would write "Only XYZ section was updated. All other sections were previously marked as passing" or something along those lines.

Color coded mine "revision in red, see below".....I'd pick another color if a third revision was required. Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Could you give me an idea of the work load required, how lengthy are the papers and how in depth the learning compared to your undergrad? I'm seriously considering WGU for their MBA of MS in Management and Leadership but I'm hesitant being that writing is not my strong suit.

Ellis
You will do just fine. WGU has a writing center and writing mentors if you have problems with your writing. There is a student mentor assigned to you and usually several course mentors for each that are there to assist you if you have a problem. The work load isn't terrible however, it is graduate school so there is plenty of reading. The courses that require writing assignments may have suggested project lengths ~ 3-5, 7-10 or 15-20 if I remember correctly. I don't writing but the knowledge you gain by taking the courses is worth it. Even if your familiar with the information you end up learning a lot. Good luck with your choice!
CLEP
Natural Sciences -Social Sciences -US History I -Intro Psychology -Human Growth and Development -Humanities -A&I Lit -College Math
DSST
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Ethics in America -Business Ethics and Society -Technical Writing -Substance Abuse
ECE
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Labor Relations -Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -Abnormal Psychology -Social Psychology -Foundations of Gerontology-Research Methods in Psychology-Contemporary Mathematics
Kaplan
Prior Learning Assessment
Wow, lots of good advise - Thanks team. So I revised my entire paper, I wish I would have checked my own thread sooner but I got emotionally occupied with rejection and jumped right into correcting it. Anyway - I passed Task 1 on second attempt and task 2 on first attempt. Also, went ahead scheduled C202 - Managing Human Capital, test for tomorrow.

Started working on my C211 Global Economics for Managers this week with a plan to complete it by next week. With that - First term will come to an end in less than two weeks. I just hope I can stay on track. I am traveling for work while doing this classes, so I really have to use my time wisely. You all can tell, I am pumped up and on a side note I use our friend passit1's thread as my motivational reading.

Those of you who are currently enrolled with WGU or finished the degree with them, help me here - do you have to use the webcam supplied by themm to take test? why can't I use my computer's built in webcam?

The proctor needs to see you, the keyboard, and the screen.
CLEP
Natural Sciences -Social Sciences -US History I -Intro Psychology -Human Growth and Development -Humanities -A&I Lit -College Math
DSST
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Ethics in America -Business Ethics and Society -Technical Writing -Substance Abuse
ECE
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Labor Relations -Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -Abnormal Psychology -Social Psychology -Foundations of Gerontology-Research Methods in Psychology-Contemporary Mathematics
Kaplan
Prior Learning Assessment

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting WGU MBA November Term, Goal: 6 months amilitab4k9 15 3,985 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9