Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU - Migration to Microsoft Products
Received this by email today...

Migration to Microsoft Products

Historically, WGU has used many Google Workspace for Education products (e.g., Gmail, Google Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.).  The use of these products has been free and unlimited until now. Google recently announced that they are introducing a fee structure for Google Workspace storage which means institutions like WGU will incur charges for using/storing these products beyond a set quota.

Due to Google’s policy changes, and to use student tuition responsibly, WGU is discontinuing use of Google products and will be migrating all users to Microsoft Office 365. The Office 365 suite is available to all WGU students at no cost. Please visit Microsoft Office 365 for WGU Students for more information on this free resource.

How will this affect me?
This change only applies to WGU created Google Workspace for Education accounts. It does not apply to personal Google accounts.

What do I need to do right now?
Please log in to your Microsoft Office 365 account and familiarize yourself with your WGU OneDrive.

If you receive an error when attempting to access Microsoft 365, please contact the WGU Service Desk. Note: The Service Desk is unable to address general migration questions.

When will my files be migrated?
Migration will begin in April and continue for several months. You will receive communication prior to your account being migrated and you will be notified when migration is complete.

What files will be migrated?
Google Drive files and Gmail email will be migrated to OneDrive and Outlook. Potentially malicious files that would pose a threat to the security of WGU will not be migrated.

For further details on this change, please visit the following Student Handbook FAQ: Google to Microsoft Migration Information. If you have any questions, please visit the Google Migration Support Forum or contact your Program Mentor.

Sincerely,

Ed Tech Communications
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • BitWiseGuy